Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #2236
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Russell.

40 points before halftime.

Shoulda listened.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #2237
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
40 points before halftime.

Shoulda listened.
Haha maybe Kap will drop 60
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #2238
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Haha maybe Kap will drop 60

I got lucky this week, guy I went up against had Matt Stafford. Down 3 with Kaepernick, Suisham, and Austin against his Aaron Hernandez and DeMarco Murray. Hoping the Steelers manage to stick this out and kick a long FG with time expiring.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #2239
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I went 10-3 in the regular season, was averaging 146 points a week (and that's with two stinkers early in the season where I scored 91 and 110 points), won my division, and scored 196 points last week in the first round of the playoffs.

And this week my team scores a whopping 89.8 points. Not just my worst week, but the worst score of all the teams in our league this week. I stupidly didn't start Dez because of his broken finger, and my three WR's (Roddy White, Boldin, and Garcon) combined for 8 points. Stafford's fat worthless ass (what a waste of a pick he was this year) scored 7 points. Ridley had 0.3 points. Vernon Davis had 1 point. Dalton had 15 points which is like a single digit week in a regular fantasy league since TD passes are worth 6 points in our league. The only player that showed up this week was Marshawn Lynch, and I lost to a guy who only scored 112 points and went 7-6 in the regular season.

The dream of a 3-peat is gone and I can't believe I get so into fantasy football. I want to murder Matt Stafford...ok, not really, but I really, really hate that guy.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #2240
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I got lucky this week, guy I went up against had Matt Stafford. Down 3 with Kaepernick, Suisham, and Austin against his Aaron Hernandez and DeMarco Murray. Hoping the Steelers manage to stick this out and kick a long FG with time expiring.
Stafford could erase the country's debt, end all wars and unite the world, and cure cancer and I'd still despise him after the hell he put me through this year. Selfish, I know, but he f***ed me big time today and, if it wasn't for Andy Dalton having some huge weeks, I would've had three or four more losses.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-17-2012 at 02:10 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #2241
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Stafford could find erase the country's debt, end all wars and unite the world, and cure cancer and I'd still despise him after the year hell he put me through this year. Selfish, I know, but he f***ed me big time today and, if it wasn't for Andy Dalton having some huge weeks, I would've had three or four more losses.

Look on the bright side, you could have started Eli Manning and been even worse off
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #2242
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Need some help here.

Right now I have BGE vs Pitt starting and I went with Kyle Rudolph vs Houston over Gates vs NYJ.

1. Should I go with Gates? He's been one of the FF disappointments this season. Last week he got good pts but I benched him. Go figure. NYJ defense is stingy but with Sanchez being benched could SD get more offensive oppurtunities? I dont know why I went Rudolph besides overall he's been more productive than not. I need double digits from this position. Tough matchups for both. I'm leaning Gates but what do you think?

2. Are there any sleeper TE picks you think would fare better than Gates/Rudolph? FA is slim pickens but the guy you list might be up for grabs

3. I have no other RB options. Leshoure/Bell from Det and after them its Goodson vs Carolina Woodhead vs Jags

Any help would be appreciated. It may not matter because the guy I'm facing has Cam Newton/P.Manning starting at QB and Peterson at RB. All 3 are ballin late in the season.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #2243
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Is this team bringing home the title:

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Demaryius Thomas
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Alfred Morris
DEF: Chicago Bears
K: Shayne Graham
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #2244
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Is this team bringing home the title:

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Demaryius Thomas
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Alfred Morris
DEF: Chicago Bears
K: Shayne Graham
pretty good.. i got

QB: Cam
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Witten
K: Blair
DEF: Green Bay

in my one ten man league.. facing a really good team though. Somehow I picked reggie bush up off of waivers this week to replace my hole at rb2.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #2245
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Need some help here.

Right now I have BGE vs Pitt starting and I went with Kyle Rudolph vs Houston over Gates vs NYJ.

1. Should I go with Gates?

I'm starting Gates this week. I'd be crazy surprised if he doesn't score. Floyd is out. Cromartie will be all over Alexander so you'd think Gates could get some open looks. Who knows with San Diego though... I'm gonna risk it.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #2246
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I'm starting Gates this week. I'd be crazy surprised if he doesn't score. Floyd is out. Cromartie will be all over Alexander so you'd think Gates could get some open looks. Who knows with San Diego though... I'm gonna risk it.

Yeah
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #2247
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
pretty good.. i got

QB: Cam
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Witten
K: Blair
DEF: Green Bay

in my one ten man league.. facing a really good team though. Somehow I picked reggie bush up off of waivers this week to replace my hole at rb2.

Cam is gonna go ape sh*t!
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #2248
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Here's my team for the championship.

Brees
Frank Gore
Ray Rice
Julio Jones
Pierre Garcon
Miles Austin
Jason Witten
Broncos D/ST
Gostkowski

Bench

Trent Richardson
Anquan Boldin
CJ Spiller
Russell Wilson
Dennis Pitta
Danny Amendola

Should I keep this lineup like this or make some changes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #2249
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Here's my team for the championship.

Brees
Frank Gore
Ray Rice
Julio Jones
Pierre Garcon
Miles Austin
Jason Witten
Broncos D/ST
Gostkowski

Bench

Trent Richardson
Anquan Boldin
CJ Spiller
Russell Wilson
Dennis Pitta
Danny Amendola

Should I keep this lineup like this or make some changes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

that's good right there. that's a pretty solid group of RBs, btw.

Need a big game from my team this week after Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant gave my opponent 52 points already. Playing RG3, AP/T-Rich, Marshall/Austin/Alexander, Owen Daniels and Shaun Swisham. Only thing I'm stuck on is my D:

Pitt vs Cincinnati
St. Louis vs Tampa
Washington vs Philly

Any suggestions?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #2250
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
that's good right there. that's a pretty solid group of RBs, btw.

Need a big game from my team this week after Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant gave my opponent 52 points already. Playing RG3, AP/T-Rich, Marshall/Austin/Alexander, Owen Daniels and Shaun Swisham. Only thing I'm stuck on is my D:

Pitt vs Cincinnati
St. Louis vs Tampa
Washington vs Philly

Any suggestions?
I feel like Washington has the potential to force the most turnovers maybe get that pick 6.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: