Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #226
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
God that draft was so frustrating. Just as I log in I see the commish expanded it to 16 teams. After a while I just didn't know which direction to go, I was the last pick and this is what I ended up with

QB: Joe Flacco
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
RB: Tim Hightower
WR: Roddy White
WR: AJ Green
TE: Lance Kendricks
Flex: Knowshon Moreno
K: Nick Folk
DEF: Rams
Bench: Brandon Jacobs
Bench: Jacoby Ford
Bench: Jason Campbell
Bench: Davone Bess
Bench: Jason Snelling
Bench: Andre Roberts

I didn't draft another TE so I gotta check it out to see if one is available on the empty waiver wire. Beckum, Fasano, Fred Davis, and Evan Moore seem to be the best options available on waivers.
For a 16 team league, it could be a lot worse. IMO you probably have one of the strongest RB core with Mendenhall/Hightower/Moreno/Jacobs to go along with one of the best WR and a ok #2 WR in a 16 team league. Flacco/Kendricks will also be sufficient in a 16 team league.

A couple moves I would suggest making is dealing Green/Jacobs for a nice upgrade at WR2 and picking up Moore while dropping someone like Bess/Ford/Roberts. I actually own Moore in a 14 team league because I think he is a WR in a TE's body and has a QB who will check down a lot.

I'm sure Marlo will have some good advice too.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #227
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I would probably go with Jackson although Lloyd could easily put up more pts than him. What size league is this that you have Lloyd/Manningham/Jackson as options for your flex?

10 team league, I think I had a pretty good draft (Charles and Blount are my starting rbs and I've got Calvin Johnson and Mike Wallace as my starting wrs).

Does anyone know if Jackson is going to be the lead back over Spiller?
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #228
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's the situation. I have some qualms at both the running back and receiver positions. I can start 2 receivers, 2 running backs, and a flex (most likely running back)

Maurice Jones-Drew @ Tennessee (definitely starting)
LeSean Mccoy @ St Louis (definitely starting)
Knowshon Moreno @ Oakland
Beanie Wells @ Carolina

Dez Bryant @ NYJ
Reggie Wayne @ Houston
Steve Johnson @ Buffalo

What do you guys think?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #229
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
For a 16 team league, it could be a lot worse. IMO you probably have one of the strongest RB core with Mendenhall/Hightower/Moreno/Jacobs to go along with one of the best WR and a ok #2 WR in a 16 team league. Flacco/Kendricks will also be sufficient in a 16 team league.

A couple moves I would suggest making is dealing Green/Jacobs for a nice upgrade at WR2 and picking up Moore while dropping someone like Bess/Ford/Roberts. I actually own Moore in a 14 team league because I think he is a WR in a TE's body and has a QB who will check down a lot.

I'm sure Marlo will have some good advice too.

After reading some promising stuff about Moore I decided to go with what you said and picked him up. Since I'm pretty new to this whole FF thing I'm not sure which receivers are in which tier from a fantasy perspective, or what type of receiver I'd be able to get for an AJ Green/Brandon Jacobs type deal. I'm looking more at the Colston type, would that be accurate?

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 09-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #230
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
10 team league, I think I had a pretty good draft (Charles and Blount are my starting rbs and I've got Calvin Johnson and Mike Wallace as my starting wrs).

Does anyone know if Jackson is going to be the lead back over Spiller?

Yea, Spiller I believe will just be a 3rd down back.

Quote:
Here's the situation. I have some qualms at both the running back and receiver positions. I can start 2 receivers, 2 running backs, and a flex (most likely running back)

Maurice Jones-Drew @ Tennessee (definitely starting)
LeSean Mccoy @ St Louis (definitely starting)
Knowshon Moreno @ Oakland
Beanie Wells @ Carolina

Dez Bryant @ NYJ
Reggie Wayne @ Houston
Steve Johnson @ Buffalo

What do you guys think?

I'd go Moreno for the flex and start Wayne and Bryant. Flowers will be on Johnson I'm sure and should limit him.

I'm saying this with the notion that Revis will line up with Miles Austin and not Dez. Not sure how that is working out. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should sit out Miles myself because of the Revis factor.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #231
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I give Reggie Bush and Santonio Holmes.

I get Frank Gore and Jordy Nelson.

14 Team League.

The other team has Julio Jones, Plaxico Burress, Jordy Nelson along with Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, and Beanie Wells.

My team has Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Santonio Holmes, A.J Green along with Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, and Willis McGahee.

Fair Trade?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #232
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so, should I play Justin Tuck this week? Or should I cut someone from my bench and add a stop gap DL? In my league LB are the big defensive points, but some linemen are worthwhile as well.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #233
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
I give Reggie Bush and Santonio Holmes.

I get Frank Gore and Jordy Nelson.

14 Team League.

The other team has Julio Jones, Plaxico Burress, Jordy Nelson along with Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, and Beanie Wells.

My team has Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Santonio Holmes, A.J Green along with Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, and Willis McGahee.

Fair Trade?
I'd do that trade, it's pretty fair and it will help you out. Gore will be a big upgrade over Bush, and you'll still have V-Jax and Maclin at WR with potential in Green.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #234
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Going with Blount over Turner this weekend. Have a feeling Blount's gonna go off.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #235
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what's this stuff I hear about Blount losing carries?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #236
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alright I just don't know...

I have Austin Collie who has today been cleared and ready to go. However he's got Collins throwing to him now.

I have Dez Bryant who I'm locked in on starting right now, and Mike Wallace... same thing.

So I just am not sure about my last WR slot. I have Collie with Collins. But I also have Mike Thomas, who now has Luke Mccown throwing to him. My other receiver who can go this week is Danny Amendola.

As of right now I favor Amendola, however he's playing the Eagles so they're talking about putting whoever's not covering their #1 on him be it Nnamdi, Samuel, or Cromartie. I'm just worried about the Collie-Collins connection, same with Mccown and Thomas.

SO what do ya'll think? Who should I give the nod to this week?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #237
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not much to go on at all, but in the little time Collins got in preseason it was almost nothing but short and intermediate routes, which is what Collie does. Felt like they were forcing slant after slant. They've said they've condensed the playbook massively for him which'd probably lend itself to little dumpoff type throws like that. If it's not PPR I really don't think Collie has much value at all this year, but if it is he can be a decent WR3/flex option.

Not saying start him over the others, don't know, just saying.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #238
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

16 team league. My backup QB is Jason Campbell, Kerry Collins is available in free agency. Should I take a shot at him? Jason Snelling is probably someone I can get rid of as I have Moreno/Jacobs/Mendy/Hightower or maybe Andre Roberts since I have Roddy/AJ Green/Jacoby Ford ahead of him.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #239
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm almost embarrassed to mention my running back situation...but I'm in a 14 team league, was picking 6th, panicked on my first pick (went QB) and 14 of the next 16 picks were running backs. Meaning I got stuck with....wait for it.....Matt Forte and Ahmad Bradshaw!! Yeah, I have no idea how I'm going to win more than 2-4 games, but whatever; I'm embarrassed and still mad about it and the draft was three weeks ago. I won the league last year and this year I'm sitting in prime position to finish last. Seriously, I don't think there's any possible way I could hate my team more than this.

Anyway, would anyone advise starting Joseph Addai over either one of them since Manning isn't playing and there's a chance Indy will run the ball more?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:54 AM   #240
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I'm almost embarrassed to mention my running back situation...but I'm in a 14 team league, was picking 6th, panicked on my first pick (went QB) and 14 of the next 16 picks were running backs. Meaning I got stuck with....wait for it.....Matt Forte and Ahmad Bradshaw!! Yeah, I have no idea how I'm going to win more than 2-4 games, but whatever; I'm embarrassed and still mad about it and the draft was three weeks ago. I won the league last year and this year I'm sitting in prime position to finish last. Seriously, I don't think there's any possible way I could hate my team more than this.

Anyway, would anyone advise starting Joseph Addai over either one of them since Manning isn't playing and there's a chance Indy will run the ball more?
really you are that down on forte? he's definitely a serviceable rb1 especially in 14 team leagues, even more so in ppr. he's a rock solid bet to score a td or two vs an overrated atlanta defense, not to mention he catches lots of passes vs stout defenses. he's going to finish as a top 10 rb this year, you can take that to the bank. i'd rather own forte then guys like gore, sjax, and especially michael turner.

bradshaw i'd be more worried about but as a rb2 in a 14 teamer he's definitely a decent option.

to answer your question there is no possible scenario i'd ever advise starting addai over either - the real question is why would you?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: