Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #256
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You don't think Jacoby might have a decent game? Foster is out, playing an injured Indiana team. I figure Houston will air it out a ton.
he's feast or famine. the colts d is very soft up the middle, so even without foster they're going to run the rock a ton...houston has an excellent o-line and indy's d does not give many points to opposing wrs.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #257
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Futuristic
Damn what happened dude
Peyton's not the cyborg I thought he was. Don't need no backup I said.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #258
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Denarius Moore, AJ Green or Nate Burleson.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #259
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm gonna stick with Floyd but roll with Deion. Thanks.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #260
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Denarius Moore, AJ Green or Nate Burleson.
burleson
Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #261
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

pick 3!

desean jackson (easy)
Anquan boldin (easy)
Mike thomas
Malcom Floyd
Hines Ward

not sure who to put as my 3rd.
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #262
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
pick 3!

desean jackson (easy)
Anquan boldin (easy)
Mike thomas
Malcom Floyd
Hines Ward

not sure who to put as my 3rd.
mike thomas
Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #263
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
mike thomas

thats what i was thinking. but why? is he their #1? i dunno how i feel about luke mckown thrown him the rock....
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #264
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
thats what i was thinking. but why? is he their #1? i dunno how i feel about luke mckown thrown him the rock....
he's there #1/he's a target monster/and he's actually the best player of the 3.

he's quite underrated in fantasy circles. think wes welker meets davonne bess slightly more explosive but not quite the route runner (yet)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #265
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Chad Henne's my desperate/deep league QB this weekend. NE secondary still bad and Miami will be throwing a lot to try to stay in the game. Also Reggie Bush as feature back = less carries, more receptions at RB. Henne had 305 yds, 2 TDS/3 INTS last year against NE at home and I expect him to improve on that. Not a safe play though with the bust potential.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #266
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
really you are that down on forte? he's definitely a serviceable rb1 especially in 14 team leagues, even more so in ppr. he's a rock solid bet to score a td or two vs an overrated atlanta defense, not to mention he catches lots of passes vs stout defenses. he's going to finish as a top 10 rb this year, you can take that to the bank. i'd rather own forte then guys like gore, sjax, and especially michael turner.

bradshaw i'd be more worried about but as a rb2 in a 14 teamer he's definitely a decent option.

to answer your question there is no possible scenario i'd ever advise starting addai over either - the real question is why would you?

I wasn't considering starting him over Forte. I think Forte is a top 10 caliber fantasy back if he can get back to 2009 form and bounce-back from an off year. I was more upset about Bradshaw. I had a list of 15-18 RB's (I ranked about 40) circled and thought I could definitely get a QB with my first pick and get two of those RBs on the way back-down and then up again. Well all but one of those was gone before it got back down to me except Forte, so I took him. I thought I could certainly get two. This is the same people from the league a year ago and it was a pretty heavy QB first round. I think all of the "big five" went (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Rivers) went in the first round. I thought it was going to be the same way this year and it started off that way, too. Both Rodgers and Brady went top five.

I was just wanting Forte and another decent stud. I wasn't that upset about Forte but was kind of upset about Bradshaw as my #2. I just see the RB groups for the other teams in our league and fee like about 10 of them are better than mine. The only reason I asked about Addai (over Bradshaw, wasn't going to start him over Forte) was due to maybe his carries going up without Manning being there. I've also got Pierre Thomas on my bench, so my Forte-Bradsahw-Thomas combo isn't that bad for a 14 teamer, I just don't feel that good about it right now. Of course last year I stole Arian Foster in a mid-late round to compliment Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles every week and also had LeSean McCoy to rotate in as well. In other words, I went from having the sickest running-back rotation last year to an unsettling one this year.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #267
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
he's there #1/he's a target monster/and he's actually the best player of the 3.

he's quite underrated in fantasy circles. think wes welker meets davonne bess slightly more explosive but not quite the route runner (yet)

You're just trying to get me to play Thomas against you aren't you?
I've just never seen this McCown guy play and I can't imagine he's fullly prepared.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #268
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I wasn't considering starting him over Forte. I think Forte is a top 10 caliber fantasy back if he can get back to 2009 form and bounce-back from an off year. I was more upset about Bradshaw. I had a list of 15-18 RB's (I ranked about 40) circled and thought I could definitely get a QB with my first pick and get two of those RBs on the way back-down and then up again. Well all but one of those was gone before it got back down to me except Forte, so I took him. I thought I could certainly get two. This is the same people from the league a year ago and it was a pretty heavy QB first round. I think all of the "big five" went (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Rivers) went in the first round. I thought it was going to be the same way this year and it started off that way, too. Both Rodgers and Brady went top five.

I was just wanting Forte and another decent stud. I wasn't that upset about Forte but was kind of upset about Bradshaw as my #2. I just see the RB groups for the other teams in our league and fee like about 10 of them are better than mine. The only reason I asked about Addai (over Bradshaw, wasn't going to start him over Forte) was due to maybe his carries going up without Manning being there. I've also got Pierre Thomas on my bench, so my Forte-Bradsahw-Thomas combo isn't that bad for a 14 teamer, I just don't feel that good about it right now. Of course last year I stole Arian Foster in a mid-late round to compliment Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles every week and also had LeSean McCoy to rotate in as well. In other words, I went from having the sickest running-back rotation last year to an unsettling one this year.
Forte plays behind the worst run blocking line in football. He's definitely rock solid, I wouldn't worry about him at all. Against good defenses he catches lots of passes. If Martz builds on what Forte did last year, he'll have a monster year and might sneak into the top 5. He's very durable too.

So let me get this straight - in a 14 team league last year you had McCoy, Foster, Peterson, and Jamaal Charles? How is that possible? Are there any spots open next year? Is this a money league?

You went wrong by drafting a QB round 1. There's never a scenario where that is a wise decision unless you're playing in a league that scores QB TDs are 6 points.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #269
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
You're just trying to get me to play Thomas against you aren't you?
I've just never seen this McCown guy play and I can't imagine he's fullly prepared.
Fair enough - I'm high on Thomas but obviously the verdict is still out on McCown, but people overrated Garrard here and elsewhere.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #270
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Fair enough - I'm high on Thomas but obviously the verdict is still out on McCown, but people overrated Garrard here and elsewhere.

You've kind of convinced me on Thomas in ppr, McCown doesn't have to be good to complete 6-8 passes to Thomas. But I do think Garrard is an above average QB and the numbers and eye test bear that out for me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: