Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #271
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Forte plays behind the worst run blocking line in football. He's definitely rock solid, I wouldn't worry about him at all. Against good defenses he catches lots of passes. If Martz builds on what Forte did last year, he'll have a monster year and might sneak into the top 5. He's very durable too.

So let me get this straight - in a 14 team league last year you had McCoy, Foster, Peterson, and Jamaal Charles? How is that possible? Are there any spots open next year? Is this a money league?

You went wrong by drafting a QB round 1. There's never a scenario where that is a wise decision unless you're playing in a league that scores QB TDs are 6 points.

He runs behind the worst or best run-blocking line in the league? Because if he runs behind the worst like you said, then he wouldn't be rock-solid.

As for the other question....

It was a 12 team league not 14 last year and did you have any idea Arian Foster was going to be THAT good last year? No, of course not, no one did. I got him in like the 7th or 8th round. I had a "feeling" he could be a sleeper and I took a chance at him. I had the 2nd pick and obviously took Adrian Peterson (CJ went #1) and got Charles with my 2nd pick. For whatever reason, there was a lot of QB's taken last year (Five in the first round, two more on the way back down) so I got Charles with my second pick. I don't think LeSean McCoy was ranked much higher than the 15-25 range last year among running-backs, if that. He was coming of a decent rookie year but no one still really knew what to expect from him. I got him in a mid to later round, too, and it paid off. Why? Were Foster and McCoy both going in the first 2-4 rounds of your leagues last year?
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #272
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

That's why Forte is rock solid.

His line isn't doing him any favors. He is a stud behind a bad line and such a skilled receiver. Cutlers favorite target.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #273
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
He runs behind the worst or best run-blocking line in the league? Because if he runs behind the worst like you said, then he wouldn't be rock-solid.

As for the other question....

It was a 12 team league not 14 last year and did you have any idea Arian Foster was going to be THAT good last year? No, of course not, no one did. I got him in like the 7th or 8th round. I had a "feeling" he could be a sleeper and I took a chance at him. I had the 2nd pick and obviously took Adrian Peterson (CJ went #1) and got Charles with my 2nd pick. For whatever reason, there was a lot of QB's taken last year (Five in the first round, two more on the way back down) so I got Charles with my second pick. I don't think LeSean McCoy was ranked much higher than the 15-25 range last year among running-backs, if that. He was coming of a decent rookie year but no one still really knew what to expect from him. I got him in a mid to later round, too, and it paid off. Why? Were Foster and McCoy both going in the first 2-4 rounds of your leagues last year?
Yes I had an idea that Foster would be that good. I drafted him in 4 of 6 leagues. The writing was on the wall if you read between the lines. Kubiak's offense has always produced great running backs. And as soon as Tate went down in preseason and Foster became THE GUY clued in managers were drafting him in the 2nd round (me) a week leading up the season. Drafting Foster in the 7th or 8th round is not something to be proud of. It means your league is soft.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #274
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Yes I had an idea that Foster would be that good. I drafted him in 4 of 6 leagues. The writing was on the wall if you read between the lines. Kubiak's offense has always produced great running backs. And as soon as Tate went down in preseason and Foster became THE GUY clued in managers were drafting him in the 2nd round (me) a week leading up the season. Drafting Foster in the 7th or 8th round is not something to be proud of. It means your league is soft.

Well, we had our draft about a month or so before the season started. It may not have been that far out but we did have it after Tate got injured and I had read some stuff right before the draft about Foster being the go-to guy and being a big sleeper. No one else in our league did, though, apparently. I think you just think everyone is like you and should know their shit. It may not have been the 7th or 8th round but he wasn't one of my first five picks. I know the guys in my league and they all follow the NFL pretty closely. It's not the toughest league in the world but it's not me and a bunch of guys that don't know anything about football.

I appreciate the advice but you definitely come off as a "my shit don't stink" type poster. You may know your stuff, but that doesn't mean every other person that follows the NFL does.

Looks like Forte (if he stays healthy) could pay-off. I don't like that he only has five yards on four carries but he does have 87 receiving yards.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #275
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mendenhall and Blount gave me 1 point each today.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #276
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blount only got five carries. I don't even know what to say about that.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #277
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Is Fitzgerald going to be similar to this going forward?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #278
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Is Fitzgerald going to be similar to this going forward?
No, he'll bounce back nicely next week. He's one of the last guys you want to worry about...unfortunately even the very best WR's throw up duds every now and again. The Cardinals offense looked vastly improved which means big things going forward for Fitzy.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #279
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

No one seems to be willing to take on AJ Green in my league so I'm looking for other WR's that would maybe give me more consistency week to week. What's Brandon Gibson's value at right now with Amendola out for maybe the season?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #280
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so, I had a pretty shitty week 1. high scorer was j charles with 21 points.

Also, Eric Berry is done for the year. Help me pick a replacement from the FA dbs.

Terrell Thomas*, NYG CB IR
Bernard Pollard, Bal S
Dawan Landry, Jac S
Kerry Rhodes, Ari S
Cortland Finnegan, Ten CB
Alterraun Verner, Ten CB
Pat Chung, NE S
Chris Hope, Ten S
Quintin Mikell, StL S
Eric Weddle, SD S
Michael Huff, Oak S
Roman Harper, NO S
Craig Dahl, StL S F
Greg Toler*, Ari CB IR
Yeremiah Bell, Mia S
DeAngelo Hall, Wsh CB
Antrel Rolle, NYG S
Antoine Bethea, Ind S
Devin McCourty, NE CB
Brent Grimes, Atl CB
Richard Marshall, Ari CB
Adrian Wilson, Ari S P

and so one. Y Bell was pretty good for me last year, is he worth picking up?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #281
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so, I had a pretty shitty week 1. high scorer was j charles with 21 points.

Also, Eric Berry is done for the year. Help me pick a replacement from the FA dbs.

Terrell Thomas*, NYG CB IR
Bernard Pollard, Bal S
Dawan Landry, Jac S
Kerry Rhodes, Ari S
Cortland Finnegan, Ten CB
Alterraun Verner, Ten CB
Pat Chung, NE S
Chris Hope, Ten S
Quintin Mikell, StL S
Eric Weddle, SD S
Michael Huff, Oak S
Roman Harper, NO S
Craig Dahl, StL S F
Greg Toler*, Ari CB IR
Yeremiah Bell, Mia S
DeAngelo Hall, Wsh CB
Antrel Rolle, NYG S
Antoine Bethea, Ind S
Devin McCourty, NE CB
Brent Grimes, Atl CB
Richard Marshall, Ari CB
Adrian Wilson, Ari S P

and so one. Y Bell was pretty good for me last year, is he worth picking up?
Do you get points for pass deflections?
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #282
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Do you get points for pass deflections?
I dont think so. this is the scoring for defensive players

Quote:
Each Sack (SK) 2 Every 5 Total Tackles (TK5) 4
Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6 Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2
Each Interception (INT) 2 Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2
Each Fumble Forced (FF) 1 Each Safety (SF) 2
Solo Tackles (TKS) 1 Stuffs (SF) 1
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #283
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

I trade LeGarratte Blount and Brandon LLoyd for Drew Brees. My qbs are Freeman and Flacco.... I'm hesitant to do this.

Opinons?
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #284
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
I trade LeGarratte Blount and Brandon LLoyd for Drew Brees. My qbs are Freeman and Flacco.... I'm hesitant to do this.

Opinons?

Depends who else you have for RB and WR
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #285
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Wondering if I should drop any of these guys to pick up guys off waivers in an 8 team PPR league?

Guys to possibly drop:

Ladainian Tomlison
BenJarvis Green Ellis
Marques Colston

Guys on waiver wire:

Steve Smith (Carolina)
Mike Tolbert
Reggie Bush
Robert Meacham
Deion Branch
Cam Newton
Matthew Stafford