Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #286
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
I trade LeGarratte Blount and Brandon LLoyd for Drew Brees. My qbs are Freeman and Flacco.... I'm hesitant to do this.

Opinons?
what're passing TDs worth?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #287
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

What are people's expectations for Cam Newton as a fantasy player the remainder of the year?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #288
ThaSwagg3r

Steven Jackson is out so I need to figure out who should start at my flex since I only have two RBs after Jackson, Pierre Thomas and Fred Jackson.

Who should start at flex?

Anthony Armstrong (vs. AZ)
Chris Cooley (vs. AZ)
Earl Bennett (vs. NO)
Arrelious Benn (vs. MIN)
Old 09-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #289
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Steven Jackson is out so I need to figure out who should start at my flex since I only have two RBs after Jackson, Pierre Thomas and Fred Jackson.

Who should start at flex?

Anthony Armstrong (vs. AZ)
Chris Cooley (vs. AZ)
Earl Bennett (vs. NO)
Arrelious Benn (vs. MIN)
Anthony Armstrong or Chris Cooley are probably your best options because the AZ cornerbacks are young and weak and Adrian Wilson can not cover tight ends.

Is this a 14 team league cause those are some weak options for most leagues?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #290
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Is this a 14 team league cause those are some weak options for most leagues?
Yep. I'm torn between Cooley and Armstrong........should I pick up Jabbar Gaffney and replace Armstrong? I know Gaffney is the 2nd target on the Redskins behind Santana Moss. I need to keep Cooley as a backup TE. (Tony Gonzalez)
Old 09-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #291
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Yep. I'm torn between Cooley and Armstrong........should I pick up Jabbar Gaffney and replace Armstrong? I know Gaffney is the 2nd target on the Redskins behind Santana Moss. I need to keep Cooley as a backup TE. (Tony Gonzalez)
Meh Gaffney safer but Armstrong has a bigger upside for a huge game. I would probably keep Armstrong as you need the best chance for the most possible pts from ur flex.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #292
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Wondering if I should drop any of these guys to pick up guys off waivers in an 8 team PPR league?

Guys to possibly drop:

Ladainian Tomlison
BenJarvis Green Ellis
Marques Colston

Guys on waiver wire:

Steve Smith (Carolina)
Mike Tolbert
Reggie Bush
Robert Meacham
Deion Branch
Cam Newton
Matthew Stafford

-All the guys to drop or pick up are basically my bench guys anyway

Steve Smith is available? Him, Meachem, Newton and Stafford all look good so far. Do you really need a backup QB that badly? I wouldn't exactly trust Cam after just 1 game, though, and he wasn't exactly facing a good defense.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 09-13-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #293
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Chad Henne's my desperate/deep league QB this weekend. NE secondary still bad and Miami will be throwing a lot to try to stay in the game. Also Reggie Bush as feature back = less carries, more receptions at RB. Henne had 305 yds, 2 TDS/3 INTS last year against NE at home and I expect him to improve on that. Not a safe play though with the bust potential.

Not a bad call here.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #294
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
what're passing TDs worth?

They're worth 4, so I'm pretty hesitant to do that (my qb situation isn't awful... freeman and falcco).

I also have another trade question, I'm thinking about trading Jamal Charles and Pierre thomas (he is my 4th rb, and I probably won't ever start him), for Adrian Peterson, I lost a little faith in Charles after that terrible showing against the bills.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #295
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
They're worth 4, so I'm pretty hesitant to do that (my qb situation isn't awful... freeman and falcco).

I also have another trade question, I'm thinking about trading Jamal Charles and Pierre thomas (he is my 4th rb, and I probably won't ever start him), for Adrian Peterson, I lost a little faith in Charles after that terrible showing against the bills.

I'd do it. KC is gonna be awful this year.
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #296
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
I'd do it. KC is gonna be awful this year.
so, not a fantasy guy obv., but I am trying. Is Revis a bad fantasy corner since he is targeted so little? Hes available in my league and since berry went down I need to replace him. I grabbed ed reed already.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #297
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Who would u start of these 3:

Mike Williams @ Minny
Kenny Britt vs Balt
Julio Jones vs Philly
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #298
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Who would u start of these 3:

Mike Williams @ Minny
Kenny Britt vs Balt
Julio Jones vs Philly
Ride the hot hand and roll out Britt although Tampa Mike is safer. If it's my WR3 I would play Britt.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #299
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Had SF defense week 1, but I'm not sold on them vs Dallas. Picked up Washington (vs Ari) because none of the other options are very attractive...

Minnesota (vs TB)
Denver (vs Cin)
...Cleveland (@Ind)?

Thoughts?
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #300
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Had SF defense week 1, but I'm not sold on them vs Dallas. Picked up Washington (vs Ari) because none of the other options are very attractive...

Minnesota (vs TB)
Denver (vs Cin)
...Cleveland (@Ind)?

Thoughts?
Like WAS @ home
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: