Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #346
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Should I sell high on Steve Smith?

I have him as my 4th or 5th option reciever in an 8 team PPR league. He has had a great start, but do people expect him to keep it up?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #347
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have him in a 12 team and thought about the same thing but I think I am just going to keep him

that is 2 games now and despite Cam's INT woes the 2nd game he has a rocket arm and slings it around...the Panthers will likely be trailing all year too

so yeah, I expect Smith to finish the season with big numbers actually...quite a pleasant suprise, I didn't see this coming at all.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #348
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Should I sell high on Steve Smith?

I have him as my 4th or 5th option reciever in an 8 team PPR league. He has had a great start, but do people expect him to keep it up?

I don't know, right now Carolina is showing no threat of having a running game, and Moth us really Carolina's only real threat at WR. I'm not sure the Steve Smith of old went anywhere. It may have just been the faxt Carolina has had awful QB play during that time. Cam newton is looking his way a lot, too. I'd hold out another week or two until Newton shows signs of coming back down to earth and defenses catch up to the offenses.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #349
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Thanks for the input guys

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #350
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

I wonder what kind of value you could get for smith.

I had Charles and i have Thomas Jones now. Should i also try to pick up McCluster?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #351
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I wonder what kind of value you could get for smith.

I had Charles and i have Thomas Jones now. Should i also try to pick up McCluster?
Absolutely - he has WR eligibility. If you are in a league that plays 3 WRs he could become an absolute MONSTER. Especially in deeper leagues. RB2 production from your WR3 gives you a WR1. yeah id give up number one ww priority without thinking twice.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #352
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Absolutely - he has WR eligibility. If you are in a league that plays 3 WRs he could become an absolute MONSTER. Especially in deeper leagues. RB2 production from your WR3 gives you a WR1. yeah id give up number one ww priority without thinking twice.
For some reason on nfl.com they only have him eligible as a WR.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #353
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
For some reason on nfl.com they only have him eligible as a WR.
thats cool though thats where he has the most upside.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #354
dkmwise
Local High School Star

What do people think of the Detroit D/ST?

Top 8 D/St this year?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #355
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

WRs Pick 3
Desean Jax
Anquan Boldin
Hines Ward
Antonio Brown
Malcom Floyd
Mike Thomas

RBs pick 2
Darren MacFadden
Deangelo Williams
Danny Woodhead
Michael Bush
Felix Jones

Flex pick 1
Everyone from above

Help a brotha out!
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #356
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
WRs Pick 3
Desean Jax
Anquan Boldin
Hines Ward
Antonio Brown
Malcom Floyd
Mike Thomas

RBs pick 2
Darren MacFadden
Deangelo Williams
Danny Woodhead
Michael Bush
Felix Jones

Flex pick 1
Everyone from above

Help a brotha out!
Jax/Bold/Thomas/Faddy/Woodhead/Felix
Old 09-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #357
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Jax/Bold/Thomas/Faddy/Woodhead/Felix

but mckown is terrible and antonio brown is up n coming
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #358
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
but mckown is terrible and antonio brown is up n coming
Antonio Brown is the 4th receiver on his team while Mike Thomas is #1. I'd much rather plug in a guy that is guaranteed a high volume of targets vs a lottery ticket.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #359
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Pick 2

Cedric Benson vs SF
Jahvid Best @ Min
Ryan Mathews vs KC
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #360
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Pick 2

Cedric Benson vs SF
Jahvid Best @ Min
Ryan Mathews vs KC

Mathews and Best
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: