Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #451
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I wouldn't. We know branch won't get the yards or TD's but it was thought he'd be good in PPR becuase he'd get a lto of passes but he isn't. He may have some big weeks but you'd never feel comfortbale starting him. While Nelson has been a beast so far this year, granted he may not continue to catch a TD every game, but I'd prefer him over Branch.

Now Deangelo has been very dissapointing, but there is a chance he could rebound. But Mendenhall has been very dissapointing too and the Steelers O-Line is terrible, plus Mendenhall has the curse of 370.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #452
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Looking to pick up CJ in a league with his owner @ 1-3. The league is 1 PPR, 3 WR, 2 RB. My team is:

Grossman/Bradford
Austin/Wallace/Holmes/Julio Jones/Green/Colston
McFadden/Hillis/Wells/Best
Fred Davis
Hanson
Chargers

His team is:
Rivers
Maclin/David Nelson/Denarius Moore/Burleson
Chris Johnson/Gore/McGahee/Jacobs/Grant
Daniels/Lewis
Novak
Chicago/Arizona

I was thinking one of my backs besides McFadden and a WR. Doubt he would do Hillis/Colston, especially since Hillis is on his BYE. That'd be pretty sweet though.

Advice?
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #453
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Cin def @ jac or NO vs car?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #454
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just offered a trade. What do you guys think?

I give up: LT and Plax
I get: Robert Meachum and Brandon Jacobs

Thoughts?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #455
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Cin def @ jac or NO vs car?
I'd go with the Bengals. Cam Newton>Blaine Gabbert at this point.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #456
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Looking to pick up CJ in a league with his owner @ 1-3. The league is 1 PPR, 3 WR, 2 RB. My team is:

Grossman/Bradford
Austin/Wallace/Holmes/Julio Jones/Green/Colston
McFadden/Hillis/Wells/Best
Fred Davis
Hanson
Chargers

His team is:
Rivers
Maclin/David Nelson/Denarius Moore/Burleson
Chris Johnson/Gore/McGahee/Jacobs/Grant
Daniels/Lewis
Novak
Chicago/Arizona

I was thinking one of my backs besides McFadden and a WR. Doubt he would do Hillis/Colston, especially since Hillis is on his BYE. That'd be pretty sweet though.

Advice?

Depends how concerned this owner is with CJ, some people are freaking out and others are confident. He is pretty week at WR and thats where you are strongest, I might consider trying Wallace or Austin straight up for CJ. If you don't want to give up your best WR then maybe a combo of Wells since he had a huge game last week and either Jones or Green, both good looking rookies.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #457
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got offered Tony Romo and Beanie Wells for Tom Brady and Thomas Jones. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 DEF. Our team is:

Tom Brady/Matt Cassel
Anquan Boldin/Robert Meachem/Mike Thomas
Bradshaw/Lynch/Moreno
Finley/Greg Olsen

I am going to take it. Opinions?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #458
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

I can start two wide-outs.
I have Steve Johnson, Sydney Rice, and Mike Williams.
Who should I start this week?
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #459
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I normally don't ask for advice, but I can't decide on this one.

Someone in my league dropped Mike Williams (TB) and I picked him up b/c he's better than my 4th WR, Mike Sims-Walker, who I had on my bench. Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall are my top 3 WR, obviously. But Marshall has a bye this week, so...

Should I start Williams (vs SF) or Marshawn Lynch (vs NYG) in the flex this week?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #460
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I normally don't ask for advice, but I can't decide on this one.

Someone in my league dropped Mike Williams (TB) and I picked him up b/c he's better than my 4th WR, Mike Sims-Walker, who I had on my bench. Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall are my top 3 WR, obviously. But Marshall has a bye this week, so...

Should I start Williams (vs SF) or Marshawn Lynch (vs NYG) in the flex this week?

I have Williams in several of my rosters, and after starting him consecutively and seeing him underachieve in the first few weeks, I believe this is the week he will explode.

SF has a solid front 7, but the rest of their defense is mediocre.

I expect Williams to have at least 70 yards along with a score.

Start him over Lynch.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #461
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
I have Williams in several of my rosters, and after starting him consecutively and seeing him underachieve in the first few weeks, I believe this is the week he will explode.

SF has a solid front 7, but the rest of their defense is mediocre.

I expect Williams to have at least 70 yards along with a score.

Start him over Lynch.

He's faced constant double-teams through the first four games. And when he's not been doubled, he's had a safety shadowing him. I'm sure SF does the same thing. But I also somewhat expect SF to try to shut down Blount and make us win through the air, so I was leaning towards Williams over Lynch. But the Giants have allowed the 2nd most rushing TDs so it's really a toss up. Just wanted to get someone else's opinion so I could be sure I wasn't just making a homer pick. Lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #462
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Pick two:

Mike Williams (TB) @ SF
Nate Washington @ PIT
Eric Decker vs SD
Santonio Holmes @NE
Chad Ochocinco vs NYJ
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #463
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Pick two:

Mike Williams (TB) @ SF
Nate Washington @ PIT
Eric Decker vs SD
Santonio Holmes @NE
Chad Ochocinco vs NYJ
that's tuff

no way on Ocho though...but the other 4 are all doable
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #464
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Pick two:

Mike Williams (TB) @ SF
Nate Washington @ PIT
Eric Decker vs SD
Santonio Holmes @NE
Chad Ochocinco vs NYJ
I'd definitely roll out Holmes and Decker. More upside/better match ups.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #465
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Need to start 2

BenJarvus Green Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Percy Harvin
Darren Sproles
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: