Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #526
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,011
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Yeah I tend to agree, any ideas you got to upgrade that QB spot? Assuming you missed out on Tebow?
Don't want anything to do with Tebow. I don't see things going well for him. I did think about offering maybe LT for Fitzpatrick, who is someone's backup in that league. They might be willing to come off of him pretty cheaply and he would be a clear upgrade.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #527
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I like the trade. Texans acquiring Mason speaks more to their lack of depth and the fact that Jacoby Jones f'in SUCKS than it does AJ's health. Worst case he's back week 8. I'd much rather own Moreno for potential over Burress. CJ I think will have a solid rest of the year, he should be getting better blocking with Hall's return but obviously AJ is fair value. And check out these CJ rushing stats which I'm surprised haven't been talked about more, not comforting for CJ owners:

09-10 per game w/ Vince Young: 24.6 carries, 132.6 yards 1.1 TD, 26.0 fantasy points (in PPR)
09-10 per game w/o Vince: 17.1 carries, 83.8 yards, 0.4 TD, 15.7 fantasy points (in PPR)
From> http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Pl..._020211%29.htm
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #528
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,011
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I like the trade. Texans acquiring Mason speaks more to their lack of depth and the fact that Jacoby Jones f'in SUCKS than it does AJ's health. Worst case he's back week 8. I'd much rather own Moreno for potential over Burress. CJ I think will have a solid rest of the year, he should be getting better blocking with Hall's return but obviously AJ is fair value.
Not only all of that, but you also have to look at who I have at RB and how our starting lineups are constructed in that league.

If I were in a position in that league like I am in the ISH Money League, where Green-Ellis, James Starks and Mark Ingram were my Top 3 RBs, I couldn't afford to give up on a potential RB1 like Chris Johnson.

However, in the league that I made the trade in, I have Fred Jackson and MJD. Those are two RB1s, right there. Those are guys that you literally cannot sit, any week.

So, I was in the position where I had to decide whether to use Chris Johnson or Rob Gronkowski as my Flex. In a PPR league, that isn't an easy call. Hell, with the way Gronk has been playing, it isn't an easy call in ANY format.

Meanwhile, you can start THREE WRs (four if you put one at the flex) and my starting receivers were Dez Bryant, Dwayne Bowe and Stevie Johnson. That is a good threesome, but there is no stud, automatic start WR1 on that list.

Now, I have that WR1 and I've still got two RB1s to fill the two RB slots... And I don't have to stress about CJ or Gronk at the flex.

It just made more sense for my roster and with the way the league is set up to go with AJ over CJ.

It makes my management much less about guesswork and much more about just going with my beasts, because I can actually play them ALL now.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #529
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Agreed. Only thing I'm worried about with MJD is they haven't involved him in the passing game. If they have any sense they'll start doing so.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #530
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I'd much rather own Moreno for potential over Burress.

Why? Moreno quickly lost his job and it doesn't look like he's getting back. You have to pray he vultures touchdowns or he's pretty much a waste.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #531
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher
 
DMV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,405
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Chris Johnson and Bowe are on a bye, so I need some help on adjusting my RB/WR and WR slots.

Starters
RB1- Gore
RB2- Best
RB/WR-
WR1- Nicks
WR2-

Unsure
RB- Torain(vs PHIL)
WR- Branch(vs DAL), Moss(vs PHIL), Cruz(vs BUF)

I'm thinking Torain at RB/WR and Cruz at WR2?
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #532
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING
 
LeFraud James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Chris Johnson and Bowe are on a bye, so I need some help on adjusting my RB/WR and WR slots.

Starters
RB1- Gore
RB2- Best
RB/WR-
WR1- Nicks
WR2-

Unsure
RB- Torain(vs PHIL)
WR- Branch(vs DAL), Moss(vs PHIL), Cruz(vs BUF)

I'm thinking Torain at RB/WR and Cruz at WR2?

Bingo.

Ryan and Victor are the way to go.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #533
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why? Moreno quickly lost his job and it doesn't look like he's getting back. You have to pray he vultures touchdowns or he's pretty much a waste.

If Knowshown gets his job back either due to 30-year old McGahee getting injured or under-performing, he could turn into a must start for your fantasy team. Is that a big if? Sure, but it's potential you want on your fantasy bench, not known mediocre commodities like Plaxico. He's just a bye week fill in at best right now, and even if the Jets start clicking it's hard to imagine him being more than a low end WR3.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #534
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,662
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I proposed Newton for Ray Rice to the guy who has got Romo, I personally believe its a fair trade, what are the chances he accepts in your opinion?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #535
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I proposed Newton for Ray Rice to the guy who has got Romo, I personally believe its a fair trade, what are the chances he accepts in your opinion?
depends on his RB situation but I would say most likey he will not accept.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #536
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,662
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
depends on his RB situation but I would say most likey he will not accept.
I guess, he has got Tolbert and Bush as alternatives...
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #537
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
If Knowshown gets his job back either due to 30-year old McGahee getting injured or under-performing, he could turn into a must start for your fantasy team.

I don't see how even if McGahee gets injured that he's a must start. He started the season as the starter and he got me a whopping 4 pts.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #538
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,378
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Hey guys need some advice. Note that I am a total noob at ff and this is my first year playing so sorry if these are easy decisions. I am wondering who to start and who to pick up for my WR and RB spots. I am playing ESPN ff.

Here is my WR/RB lineup
RB Arian Foster
RB Mark Ingram
RB Knowshon Moreno (bye)
RB Ryan Matthews (bye)
RB Mark Tolbert
RB Ladainian Tomlinson
WR Greg Jennings
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Ryan Meachem
WR Devery Henderson

Notable free agent WR/RB
Marques Colston, Doug Baldwin (bye), marshawn lynch(bye), Pierre Thomas, jabber Gaffney, darrius heyward- bey

Starting foster and Ingram at RB. Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne ? at WR. I have a spot left for either a WR or RB. I want to drop Henderson but who would bethe best pickup on the waivers?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #539
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,245
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Hey guys need some advice. Note that I am a total noob at ff and this is my first year playing so sorry if these are easy decisions. I am wondering who to start and who to pick up for my WR and RB spots. I am playing ESPN ff.

Here is my WR/RB lineup
RB Arian Foster
RB Mark Ingram
RB Knowshon Moreno (bye)
RB Ryan Matthews (bye)
RB Mark Tolbert
RB Ladainian Tomlinson
WR Greg Jennings
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Ryan Meachem
WR Devery Henderson

Notable free agent WR/RB
Marques Colston, Doug Baldwin (bye), marshawn lynch(bye), Pierre Thomas, jabber Gaffney, darrius heyward- bey

Starting foster and Ingram at RB. Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne ? at WR. I have a spot left for either a WR or RB. I want to drop Henderson but who would bethe best pickup on the waivers?

Hey Gobb...where you at?....this dude got no Caucasian players on his FF team....not even on the bench....why aren't you calling him out?...LMAO....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #540
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,992
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Hey Gobb...where you at?....this dude got no Caucasian players on his FF team....not even on the bench....why aren't you calling him out?...LMAO....
I'm sure he has a kicker.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy