Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #541
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Jonathon Stewart vs Atlanta

or

Delone Carter vs Cincy

My RBs are Peterson and Blount normally, but LGB is out. Not sure who to start between those two. ESPN's projections have Stewart for 5 points and Carter for 11, but those projections are crap.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #542
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I'm sure he has a kicker.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #543
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Jonathon Stewart vs Atlanta

or

Delone Carter vs Cincy

My RBs are Peterson and Blount normally, but LGB is out. Not sure who to start between those two. ESPN's projections have Stewart for 5 points and Carter for 11, but those projections are crap.

Yeah, it seems like those 2 are more of a coin flip. Those are the 7th and 8th ranked rush defenses while neither RB has really produced lately. I'd probably go with Carter since he might be more likely to get a TD.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #544
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Need to start 2 of 4

Marques Colston
Pierre Thomas
Nate Burleson
Earnest Graham
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #545
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Need to start 2 of 4

Marques Colston
Pierre Thomas
Nate Burleson
Earnest Graham

Start the two who are playing a banged up Buccaneer defense
Old 10-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #546
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Start the two who are playing a banged up Buccaneer defense

That's who I'm currently going with (for that very reason) but Earnest Graham is projected for nearly 12 points in our league since I guess Blount may not play much or play at all?? And Pierre Thomas, even against a banged-up Bucs defense, is still going to probably top out at 10 points but is even more likely to go for five or fewer since he's not even the primary back.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #547
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
That's who I'm currently going with (for that very reason) but Earnest Graham is projected for nearly 12 points in our league since I guess Blount may not play much or play at all?? And Pierre Thomas, even against a banged-up Bucs defense, is still going to probably top out at 10 points but is even more likely to go for five or fewer since he's not even the primary back.

The Bucs' OL gets a lot of undeserved praise in the run game b/c Blount BUSTS his own way through the line, creating holes on his own and dragging defenders an extra 3 or 4 yards, something Graham won't be able to do. Graham will top out at 50 rush yards at best, and he may get you 5 or 6 catches, but at only about 4-8 yards per rec. If you're in a PPR league, then maybe Graham could get you ~10 points. And if Tampa ever makes it down to the goal line, they've been QB-sneaking Freeman in goal line situations here recently.

And I may be being a bit too pessimistic when it comes to Graham just because our offense has been very bad and Graham is pretty old for a RB who's been playing FB the last two seasons.

I guess that after I think about it, I'd go with Graham. At the beginning of the year before my draft, I told myself not to take a Saints RB b/c the carries will all be split 4 ways (Sproles, Ingram, Thomas & Ivory when he gets back) & that's a fantasy nightmare. The Bucs ONLY have two healthy RBs this week: Graham & Lumpkin.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #548
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Pick Two

Austin
Jordy
Santana
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #549
KG215

Quote:
The Bucs' OL gets a lot of undeserved praise in the run game b/c Blount BUSTS his own way through the line, creating holes on his own and dragging defenders an extra 3 or 4 yards, something Graham won't be able to do. Graham will top out at 50 rush yards at best, and he may get you 5 or 6 catches, but at only about 4-8 yards per rec. If you're in a PPR league, then maybe Graham could get you ~10 points. And if Tampa ever makes it down to the goal line, they've been QB-sneaking Freeman in goal line situations here recently.

And I may be being a bit too pessimistic when it comes to Graham just because our offense has been very bad and Graham is pretty old for a RB who's been playing FB the last two seasons.

I guess that after I think about it, I'd go with Graham. At the beginning of the year before my draft, I told myself not to take a Saints RB b/c the carries will all be split 4 ways (Sproles, Ingram, Thomas & Ivory when he gets back) & that's a fantasy nightmare. The Bucs ONLY have two healthy RBs this week: Graham & Lumpkin.

Yeah, I didn't draft Pierre Thomas, but picked him up after the first or second week because he had a decent gain and I didn't trust Ahmad Bradshaw's match-up that week.

This is Colston's third week back from injury so I'm hoping he gets back on track.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:17 AM   #550
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Colston always scores a TD against TB. You're likely to get 15+ points from him. The Bucs don't have any CBs to match up against him.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:09 AM   #551
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Pick Two

Austin
Jordy
Santana

definetly Austin.

Any other week I'd also go Santana but I don't like his matchup this week.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #552
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Colston always scores a TD against TB. You're likely to get 15+ points from him. The Bucs don't have any CBs to match up against him.
Is this an attempt at a jinx?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #553
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Need to start 2 of 4

Marques Colston
Pierre Thomas
Nate Burleson
Earnest Graham

Graham and Colston is how I'd go.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #554
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Colston or Marshall?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #555
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Colston or Marshall?

Id probably go with Colston since Marshall has to deal wit Revis and Matt Moore at QB.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: