Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #586
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
In the flex spot,

Shonn Greene @ SD or Brandon LLoyd @ Dallas

If Bradford was playing, I think I would go Lloyd, but without him I'm feeling like Greene is a safer bet. Thoughts?
I think you gotta go Greene with Feeley throwing to Lloyd
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #587
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Pick 4 PPR

Dez Bryant
Steve Smith
Colston
Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Jackie Battle
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #588
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Should I play Darren Sproles against the Colts, even though Darren has been on a big decline the last 2 weeks. Or Ryan Torain against the Panthers, who have given up 8 Rushing TD's in the last 3 weeks + Beck is starting this week so the running should be relied on. Torrain is unproved and had a bad game last week though.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #589
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Pick 4 PPR

Dez Bryant
Steve Smith
Colston
Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Jackie Battle

I would think twice before picking Dez or Jackson. Romo barely looks at Dez because he's busy riding Austins nuts all game and Vincent Jackson will probably have Revis on him today.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #590
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Should I play Darren Sproles against the Colts, even though Darren has been on a big decline the last 2 weeks. Or Ryan Torain against the Panthers, who have given up 8 Rushing TD's in the last 3 weeks + Beck is starting this week so the running should be relied on. Torrain is unproved and had a bad game last week though.

Torain is pathetic in pass protection and doesn't catch the ball particularly well. Not a good recipe for a new QB. Carolina will load up vs the run and make Beck try and beat them. I see a RBBC at best, and more inclined to see Hightower on the field a lot with Helu on 3rd down.

New Orleans will come out with all guns blazing on a Sunday nighter after losing last week. Sproles is the only back they have that allows them to run their full offensive package, and will continue to dominate the snaps. Indy has also had issues in kick coverage.

Sproles is a much safer play imo.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #591
silky_smooth
I hit open layups

silky_smooth has not been impressing people

Alright, so here is my fantasy team:

Joe Flacco
Adrian Peterson
Michael Turner
Pierre Garcon
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Fred Davis
Jets D/ST
Adam Vinatieri

Bench:

Matt Ryan
Vernon Davis
Mike Tolbert
David Nelson
Redskins D/ST
Mike Nugent
Doug Baldwin

What would you say are my weaknesses? I know both of my QB's are very inconsistent. I am about to pick up Jackie Battle and claim Ben Tate after today (Gonna drop David Nelson and Vinatieri). Any suggestions on what to improve on?

EDIT

I'm playing in a 10 team H2H league with some friends for a little money. Team is 6-0 so far.

Last edited by silky_smooth : 10-23-2011 at 02:24 PM.
silky_smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #592
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Playing Torain instead of Hightower killed me. Fuck Shannahan.

Along with Greg Olsen's donut. I need a huge game from Rodgers.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #593
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2

Murray(DAL-RB) and Torain(RB) are available.

What should I do with my RB/WR and WR2 slots?
Fck...i ended up picking up Hardesty, who did OK with 90 rushing yards and 27 catching yards.

Murray already has 90+ and a TD. somebody picked him up already.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #594
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Torain is pathetic in pass protection and doesn't catch the ball particularly well. Not a good recipe for a new QB. Carolina will load up vs the run and make Beck try and beat them. I see a RBBC at best, and more inclined to see Hightower on the field a lot with Helu on 3rd down.

New Orleans will come out with all guns blazing on a Sunday nighter after losing last week. Sproles is the only back they have that allows them to run their full offensive package, and will continue to dominate the snaps. Indy has also had issues in kick coverage.

Sproles is a much safer play imo.

Glad I didnt play Torain.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #595
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Glad I didnt play Torain.

You're welcome.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #596
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Looks like Santan Moss is going to be out 5-7 weeks. Our league has no IR spot so I'm thinking of dumping him for Victor Cruz. Anyone think thats a bad idea?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 AM   #597
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Looks like Santan Moss is going to be out 5-7 weeks. Our league has no IR spot so I'm thinking of dumping him for Victor Cruz. Anyone think thats a bad idea?
I'd make that move, Moss didn't have much value before going down anyway
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #598
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I'd make that move, Moss didn't have much value before going down anyway

Yeah, I put in the waiver claim for Cruz.

Moss was decent in this league because it was a full PPR, so he got some consistent points but not much upside.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #599
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Anyone doing terrible in fantasy? I'm 3-4 on a 3 game losing streak and my team isn't even bad

Rodgers
MJD
Hillis
S. Johnson
Bowe
Witten
Lloyd
Hanson
Lions D

And I can't seem to win a game
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #600
yourhero
I brick open layups

yourhero has an OK reputation so far

Standard PPR league, should I trade Dwayne Bowe/Green Ellis for AP?Bowe has been playin pretty damn good, but I dont trust Cassel, also the QB situation in Minny makes me feel like theyre just gonna stack the box against AP, but im leaning towards doing it.. My team is lookin like this..

QB/ 2 WR/ 2 RB/ TE/ FLEX/D/KICKER

Rodgers
M Wallace
D Bowe
Stevie Johnson
AJ Green
Michael Turner
Daniel Thomas
Benson
Green Ellis
Tolbert
Steven Jackson
Tony Gonzalez
Gronkowski
Hanson
Chicago

Id make another move, get rid of my RB jam, but i just dont have any must starts besides Turner at the position, and I feel good about Wallace/Johnson/Green
yourhero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: