Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #646
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Alright guys, someone in my league dropped DeAngelo Williams just now.

Is it worth dropping Marshawn Lynch for him?
Nope. He hasn't gotten more than 12 carries in a game this year. If anything it's a wash, but I'd probably rather hang on to Lynch.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 PM   #647
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Alright guys, someone in my league dropped DeAngelo Williams just now.

Is it worth dropping Marshawn Lynch for him?
No. DeAngelo is just a big name, at this point. His fantasy production this season has not been worthy of a roster spot. I know because I have him in one of my big money leagues. I have stashed him on the bench, hoping that he eventually turns it around, but I'm losing hope as the weeks pass.

The Panthers are becoming the Cam Newton show and DeAngelo -- the kind of back that you really need to feed to get good production out of -- doesn't fit.

Lynch is a much better FF option, at this point. Hurt or not.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #648
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just snapped my 4 game winning streak because Dwayne Bowe didn't scored a TD tonight.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #649
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
No. DeAngelo is just a big name, at this point. His fantasy production this season has not been worthy of a roster spot. I know because I have him in one of my big money leagues. I have stashed him on the bench, hoping that he eventually turns it around, but I'm losing hope as the weeks pass.

The Panthers are becoming the Cam Newton show and DeAngelo -- the kind of back that you really need to feed to get good production out of -- doesn't fit.

Lynch is a much better FF option, at this point. Hurt or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Nope. He hasn't gotten more than 12 carries in a game this year. If anything it's a wash, but I'd probably rather hang on to Lynch.

Fantasy Football Advice! 10-30-2011 04:14 PM obviously, dipshit.

I just got negged for asking that question. Whoever the culprit is, Not so obvious is it buddy?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #650
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

So I'm 7-1, and this week I'm facing the only other person in my league who has a 7-1 record, too. It just so happens this important matchup comes during a week where SIX of my regular starters are either on byes or injured.

They could've been on byes any of the last two weeks where I played two average/scrub opponents and won by a combined 91 points over the last two weeks.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #651
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Worst advice ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers87
Sproles for sure.

I started Sproles over Steven Jackson.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #652
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

I started Sproles over Steven Jackson.

Tough break but nothing you could have done. Based on everything this season he was the right choice, but sometimes guys will have surprising games.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #653
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RB/WR / WR1 / WR2

Who gets left out?

Nicks and Cruz(vs NE 32nd pass def)
Bowe(vs MIA 24th pass def)
Heyward-Bey(vs DEN 31th pass def)

Also at TE

Hernandez(vs NYG) or Miller(vs BAL)
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #654
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
RB/WR / WR1 / WR2

Who gets left out?

Also at TE

Gotta play Bowe and if Nicks is healthy you gotta play him too. Kind of a toss up between Cruz and Heyward-Bay but until Palmer proved he can still play I would go Cruz.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #655
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
RB/WR / WR1 / WR2

Who gets left out?

Also at TE

I would sit Cruz if Nicks plays, if Nicks doesn't play you have your answer.

I'd play Hernandez at TE.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #656
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Gates or Witten?

Gates or Gonzalez?

Battle or Blount?

Should I put Julio Jones (@IND) over any of these guys:

Miles Austin vs. Sea
Santonio Holmes @Buf
LeGarette Blount @NO

Last edited by VishaltotheG : 11-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #657
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am in a 16 team keepers league. I am sitting at 5th place and 6 teams make the playoffs. Is it time to start trading next years draft picks to try and give my team a better shot at the playoffs or should I wait and see how things pan out a bit more?
My lineup is as follows:

Romo (Start 1)
Bradshaw/Wells/Moreno (Start 2)
Boldin/Meachem/Mike Thomas (Start 2)
Finley/Greg Olsen (Start 1)
Cinc D/ Buff D (Start 1)
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #658
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Gates or Witten?

Gates or Gonzalez?

Battle or Blount?

Should I put Julio Jones (@IND) over any of these guys:

Miles Austin vs. Sea
Santonio Holmes @Buf
LeGarette Blount @NO

Gates over both.

Blount. Looks at what Steven Jackson did last game.

I'd start all 3 over Julio.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #659
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Santonio or Austin?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #660
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so, I have been offered sproles and suh for gore. I think I should tell him to stuff it (suh is not all that fantasy wise, and he knows Im a lions fan- hes a bay area fan). but what would be a good counter offer?

heres my current roster
Cam Newton
Eil Manning
Frank Gore
Reggie Bush
Darrious Heyward-Bey
Aaron Hernandez
Roddy White
Wincent Jackson
Fred Davis
James Laurinaitis
Jason Pierre-Paul