Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #61
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy News/Advice/Sitem-Startem/ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Vick
DeSean
Maclin
Shady
Nicks
Bradshaw
....Beck

that's a lot of talent you're leaving on the table. I've got no problem with adding guys on teams I hate. They've shitted on the Eagles in the past with us still winning so it's no biggie.
yeah...it is a decent amount of talent

3 teams of 32...almost 10% of the talent I am leaving out

thankfully the Skins don't have too much in terms of fantasy talent...although this is the NFL so you never know.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #62
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here you go Marlo... Knowshon, Daniel Thomas, or Best?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #63
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Here you go Marlo... Knowshon, Daniel Thomas, or Best?
depends on the format - i like bests upside but daniel thomas is the safest.

in ppr - best/moreno/thomas

standard thomas/moreno/best
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #64
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Matthew Berry said yesterday that if you draft Mike Vick in the first round then you win your league. He is higher than a kite on Vick. We saw it last year Marlo, when you added Vick off the waivers your team became the best team in our league at that very moment.
While Berry makes something of a compelling case drafting a QB early in your draft is rarely a recipe for success. The reason my team became the best team was because I acquired Vick off waivers, I already had a first round pick that I used on CJ2K. If I had taken Vick in the first round this wouldn't be the case.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #65
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
That's a great PPR team, standard definitely well above average. Picking Vjax and Austin back to back is sick...assuming you had pick 1 or 2? Also not totally sold that Moreno can stay healthy but I'm a big Holmes believer, he's one of the better values in the draft. I think you'll be flexing someone else by years end but theres plenty of time to tweak that. Freeman is dependable and by far the most consistent high end QB2.

I am really curious to see how TB can replicate or build on last years success.

I'd give your draft an A-

I had 2nd pick. I was relatively happy with my draft. A couple picks almost fell all the way back to me at great values like Romo in the 4th and Vernon Davis even later. I'm content with how those two spots turned out anyways. This is my only 14 team or deeper league this season and it gets ugly pretty quickly after the first 8-9 rounds
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #66
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

first official draft is tonight but I've done a ton of mocks. is it just me or are WR's deep as **** this year? I've seen great WR's last until the 5th-6th round in 14 team mocks!
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #67
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
first official draft is tonight but I've done a ton of mocks. is it just me or are WR's deep as **** this year? I've seen great WR's last until the 5th-6th round in 14 team mocks!
I tend to agree.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So who are this years sleepers, guys due to break out?

We saw guys like Josh Freeman at QB have a real nice fantasy year. Same with Peyton Hillis, A.Foster, Mike Wallace, Tamme.

For 2011 any names to drop fellas?

I think Dez Bryant could be a good candidate. GB Packers RB who ran all over the Eagles, James Stark is another. Kevin Kolb although outside of Larry Fitzgerald I'm unsure who he would be throwing too. A sleeper candidate?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #69
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

We saw guys like Josh Freeman at QB have a real nice fantasy year. Same with Peyton Hillis, A.Foster, Mike Wallace, Tamme.

I think Dez Bryant could be a good candidate. GB Packers RB who ran all over the Eagles, James Stark is another. Kevin Kolb although outside of Larry Fitzgerald I'm unsure who he would be throwing too. A sleeper candidate?
I'll tell you after the ISH $ League Draft ;)
Old 08-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #70
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:

I made a post earlier with a few.
I like Tim Hightower, Owen Daniels, Felix Jones, Mario Manningham, Jared Cook. I also think Dez will be real good this year. And not really a sleeper, but Ray Rice will be the number 1 fantasy player this year.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #71
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marlo, I kinda figured that. Money leagues you wanna keep your stuff to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I made a post earlier with a few.
I like Tim Hightower, Owen Daniels, Felix Jones, Mario Manningham, Jared Cook. I also think Dez will be real good this year. And not really a sleeper, but Ray Rice will be the number 1 fantasy player this year.

Agreed with Mario Manningham and Hightower.

Just saw your post above after you mentioned it. What dont you like about Dwayne Bowe? I doubt he duplicates the season he had when it came to TDs, but I could see a nice catch/yardage season being done again.

Also Marshawn Lynch to me is the Lawrence Maroney of Rbs. I cant touch him. He never does what you expect.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #72
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
Marlo, I kinda figured that. Money leagues you wanna keep your stuff to yourself.

Agreed with Mario Manningham and Hightower.

Just saw your post above after you mentioned it. What dont you like about Dwayne Bowe? I doubt he duplicates the season he had when it came to TDs, but I could see a nice catch/yardage season being done again.

I dont think he will match last years number in any category, (catches, yards, or TD's) unless Steve Breaston steps up. They also lost Charlie Weis, who was their offensive coordinator last year. I just found that out today. I dont really like any Chiefs this year except Jamaal.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #73
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Oh yea, so what are your guys thoughts on the CJ2k situation? I picked up Ringer (not a CJ owner), so Im kinda hoping he misses a little bit of time. Especially cause I play CJ week 1.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #74
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

I'll start posting in here once most my drafts are finished as well lol. Can't give too much away yet
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah CJ is scary with that hold out...heard someone on SportsCenter saying it is becoming a reality that he might not be playing week 1

so is MJD with that injury...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: