Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #736
silky_smooth
I hit open layups
 
silky_smooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 179
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Alright, so currently I have:
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Early Doucet
Pierre Garcon

as my WRs.

However:

Laurent Robinson
Denarius Moore
Torrey Smith

are all available on waivers. I am dropping Pierre Garcon and am trying to pick up these three WRs off waivers. I might drop Doucet or Giants D/ST as well. Is this a wise decision if this goes through? In case you are wondering, I am pretty much a lock for the playoffs right now. Just trying to improve my team at every chance.
silky_smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #737
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

add Moore and Laurent ASAP drop Doucet and Garcon both.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #738
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Marshawn Lynch
Jonathon Stewart
LeGarrette Blount

I'm leaning towards Lynch, playing against the 26th run defense. blount won't see much playing time b/c Tampa will be passing a lot playing catch-up against GB, and Stewart is facing the 6th ranked run defense while splitting carries with Williams. So Lynch is the smart play, right?




With Schaub out, I had to pick up Jay Cutler instead of playing Sam Bradford from my bench. So now my QB position is weak b/c Cutler doesn't put up as man points as Schaub does.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #739
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer
 
AboveTheRim.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 567
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Tebow or Sanchez?

They play each other, obviously the Jets D is miles ahead of denvers, which makes me lean towards Sanchez, but Tebow, even when completing 2 passes still does good fantasy-wise. Thoughts?
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #740
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Tebow or Sanchez?

They play each other, obviously the Jets D is miles ahead of denvers, which makes me lean towards Sanchez, but Tebow, even when completing 2 passes still does good fantasy-wise. Thoughts?
I think you gotta go with Sanchez. Hes been pretty damn good fantasy wise.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #741
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Marshawn Lynch
Jonathon Stewart
LeGarrette Blount

I'm leaning towards Lynch, playing against the 26th run defense. blount won't see much playing time b/c Tampa will be passing a lot playing catch-up against GB, and Stewart is facing the 6th ranked run defense while splitting carries with Williams. So Lynch is the smart play, right?




With Schaub out, I had to pick up Jay Cutler instead of playing Sam Bradford from my bench. So now my QB position is weak b/c Cutler doesn't put up as man points as Schaub does.

this is not a debate, Lynch has been going 100+ and TD against Dallas and Baltimore, v. Rams he should duplicate that.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #742
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

In Marshawn Lynch we trust.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #743
silky_smooth
I hit open layups
 
silky_smooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 179
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
add Moore and Laurent ASAP drop Doucet and Garcon both.

Yeah, I ended up managing to only get Moore, but it's alright. I have a little dilemma though. My TE's are Vernon Davis and Fred Davis. Vernon has been pretty disappointing this season, but had a good game last Sunday. Fred burned me the past two weeks. Who should I start? Leaning towards Vernon.
silky_smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #744
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I have Vernon and Fred in one league, starting Vernon as of now, I think he's the safer play but Fred with Grossman is intriguing I think he's the top option passing wise in that offense and I think Grossman is a good upgrade. As a matter of fact switching Fred in for Vernon right now, the upside is too much with Fred... SF has a lot of other weapons and the passing attack is not some high flying Patriots offense.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:24 AM   #745
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 16,127
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Mark Sanchez or Carson Palmer?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #746
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Mark Sanchez or Carson Palmer?
Palmer against MINNYs bottom 5 secondary
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #747
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,486
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

as soon as you start to trust marshawn it will blow up in your face mark my words...
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #748
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,486
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I have Vernon and Fred in one league, starting Vernon as of now, I think he's the safer play but Fred with Grossman is intriguing I think he's the top option passing wise in that offense and I think Grossman is a good upgrade. As a matter of fact switching Fred in for Vernon right now, the upside is too much with Fred... SF has a lot of other weapons and the passing attack is not some high flying Patriots offense.
Honestly bro - Delanie Walker looks like a better receiving threat at this point in time.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #749
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Honestly bro - Delanie Walker looks like a better receiving threat at this point in time.
yes sir, Vernon is such an elite blocker that is how Harbaugh is using him.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #750
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
as soon as you start to trust marshawn it will blow up in your face mark my words...

I'm fully prepared for that to happen lol.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy