Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #76
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation
Default Re: Fantasy News/Advice/Sitem-Startem/ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah CJ is scary with that hold out...heard someone on SportsCenter saying it is becoming a reality that he might not be playing week 1

so is MJD with that injury...

I have both Ringer and Rashad Jennings on my bench just in case either of those guys dont play.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #77
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah CJ is scary with that hold out...heard someone on SportsCenter saying it is becoming a reality that he might not be playing week 1

so is MJD with that injury...
From what I've read, MJD isn't actually injured. He is saying that he feels way better now than he did last year. He struggled with an injury all last season and then had surgery in the offseason to repair it. He says there is no pain whatsoever, whereas he says that last year it was extremely painful.

Whether this turns out to be the case or not is anyone's guess.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
From what I've read, MJD isn't actually injured. He is saying that he feels way better now than he did last year. He struggled with an injury all last season and then had surgery in the offseason to repair it. He says there is no pain whatsoever, whereas he says that last year it was extremely painful.

Whether this turns out to be the case or not is anyone's guess.
yeah, knee surgery is just scary to me period...he is sitting out the preseason, tells me they are concerned as well about the surgery

I guess he could end up being great value due to that surgery lowering his draft spot, or perhaps the concerns are real...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #79
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MJD sitting out preseason tells me they are concerned with him being dinged up in meaningless preseason games. So keep him fresh for a long 16 week schedule as opposed to having him go out there and risk injury. Jags gain nothing from playign MJD in preseason. I think Peterson in the first preseason game took 1 handoff then sat the rest of the entire game.

Cards just lost a RB who had promise for the season. No sense in losing your productive starting RB in preseason games.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
MJD sitting out preseason tells me they are concerned with him being dinged up in meaningless preseason games. So keep him fresh for a long 16 week schedule as opposed to having him go out there and risk injury. Jags gain nothing from playign MJD in preseason. I think Peterson in the first preseason game took 1 handoff then sat the rest of the entire game.

Cards just lost a RB who had promise for the season. No sense in losing your productive starting RB in preseason games.
Yeah. Peyton Hillis sat out the last Browns game just 'because' and Montario Hardesty hasn't played a down even though he says he has been ready to go for a while now.

For guys that are in no danger of being cut or having playing time diminished, the preseason is completely optional. Truth be told, if I were an owner of Arian Foster, it would scare me a little to see him running roughshod the other night.

As a fantasy owner, I think I'd rather my guys take the MJD route.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #81
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldn't worry about MJD, at all. I'd worry about any other player getting hurt. This guy is literally as tough as they come and when he says he's good to go, he's good to go. I would worry about the Jags offense, their line has weakened and their best play maker aside from MJD is a guy called Mike Thomas. If anything that lowers his stock more then the injury concern, every player is an injury concern. I still see him with a floor of 1200 rushing yards, 8 TDs, 50 catches, 400 yards and 2 TDs. Tremendous value in the 2nd round as he can easily be a top 5 RB.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #82
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

The guys I like as sleepers aren't necessarily sleepers but more so guys who will exceed their ADP. Right off the bat I think Santonio Holmes is a tremendous WR2 especially if you take 2rbs/1wr or 1 qb/1rb/1wr in the first 3 rounds. He's a guy that I've been looking at in the 4th round of almost every draft. I think Ryan Grant is a pretty solid value pick. James Starks is a nice handcuff but he looks to be the guy in GB. Similar to Holmes, he's almost exactly what you want as your RB2.

I really don't want to get too much into it as their is the ISH $ League tomorrow, I'll share a lot of my goods in the coming days though. I have 5 money league drafts this week
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #83
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Assuming the following are gone by the time its your 12th pick in a 12 man league:

Arian Foster
AP
CJ
Aaron Rodgers
Vick
Mendenhall
Mike Turner
MJD
Jamaal Charles
Ray Rice
Andre Johnson

Would u take 12/13? Also based on hearsay, none of the qbs Romo or above will fall to you for ur 3rd pick.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #84
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^ Lesean McCoy
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #85
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Assuming the following are gone by the time its your 12th pick in a 12 man league:

Arian Foster
AP
CJ
Aaron Rodgers
Vick
Mendenhall
Mike Turner
MJD
Jamaal Charles
Ray Rice
Andre Johnson

Would u take 12/13? Also based on hearsay, none of the qbs Romo or above will fall to you for ur 3rd pick.
Depends on the format.

But I'd go RB/WR...something like Calvin Johnson/LeSean McCoy.

Other players I'd consider are Roddy White/Larry Fitzgerald/Mendenhall/McFadden.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #86
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Depends on the format.

But I'd go RB/WR...something like Calvin Johnson/LeSean McCoy.

Other players I'd consider are Roddy White/Larry Fitzgerald/Mendenhall/McFadden.
So Definitely not a QB? Why?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #87
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
So Definitely not a QB? Why?
Because I almost always advise against drafting a QB in the first round. Even Vick and Rodgers aren't great picks in the first round IMO. You really handicap yourself by taking a QB early. There is a very marginal discrepancy between a QB who goes in round 1 and a QB who might be available in round 5. Not to mention there are between 10-12 elite fantasy QBs in the NFL, with only 12 teams you'll almost undoubtedly be able to land one of the top ones. I touch on this very topic somewhere on the first page I think.

Another strategy that is kind of outside the box but very effective and has won me a lot of leagues is going WR/WR. Especially if I'm drafting towards the end of round 1. Not only have almost all of the top tier RBs been selected but you'll be able to assure yourself two top 5 WR's. In a .5 PPR or full PPR league, that is invaluable. Also WR's are safer generally then a RB.

What is the scoring format? Do you field 3 starting WRs?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #88
vapid
Paranoid Android

It's traditional, non ppr league. 2 wrs with a w/r flex.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #89
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My only team so far, Standard Yahoo League, 10 teams:

QBs: Phillip Rivers, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RBs: Ray Rice, Peyton Hillis, CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WRs: Roddy White, Chad Ochocinco, Donald Driver, Kenny Brit, Steve Smith (Car)
TEs: Jermichael Finley, Brandon Pettigrew
K: Nate Kaeding
Def: Baltimore

Had the 5th pick, missed draft (purpose), but liking the squad, probably need a WR upgrade
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #90
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Just crushed the ISH $ League with one of my best drafts to date (12 teams, .5 PPR):

QB - Matt Ryan/Matt Stafford
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Santonio Holmes
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Jamal Charles
RB - Matt Forte
TE - Vernon Davis
Flex (WR/RB/TE) - Danny Amendola (my favorite sleeper)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: