Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #91
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Fantasy News/Advice/Sitem-Startem/ETC.

Had two drafts tonight, one was an ISH draft so I won't post that one. Other one was 12 teamer with 6 point passing TDs being the main difference. QBs went early in this one. I ended up picking a couple guys who dropped that I couldn't pass up:

QB - Tony Romo
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Marshawn Lynch
WR1 - Miles Austin
WR2 - Dez Bryant (dropped to the [EDIT] 46th pick, couldn't pass that up)
WR3 - Santonio Holmes
TE - Vernon Davis
K - David Buehler (had to cut out slightly early so probably won't put all my eggs on the Cowboys this year, dump him for random kicker on the wire)
DEF - Detroit

Bench is pretty decent so I'll post as well:
Danny Amendola, Johnny Knox, James Starks, Ben Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Marion Barber

I'm relatively satisfied with it. Might need to move Miles for a different WR1 just for balance sake though.

Last edited by tian820 : 08-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #92
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Just crushed the ISH $ League with one of my best drafts to date (12 teams, .5 PPR):

QB - Matt Ryan/Matt Stafford
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Santonio Holmes
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Jamal Charles
RB - Matt Forte
TE - Vernon Davis
Flex (WR/RB/TE) - Danny Amendola (my favorite sleeper)
No, Matt Forte is your favorite sleeper. Why he doesn't go in the top 12 in PPR leagues... I don't get it.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #93
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Had two drafts tonight, one was an ISH draft so I won't post that one. Other one was 12 teamer with 6 point passing TDs being the main difference. QBs went early in this one. I ended up picking a couple guys who dropped that I couldn't pass up:

QB - Tony Romo
RB1 - Jamaal Charles
RB2 - Marshawn Lynch
WR1 - Miles Austin
WR2 - Dez Bryant (dropped to the 39th pick, couldn't pass that up)
WR3 - Santonio Holmes
TE - Vernon Davis
K - David Buehler (had to cut out slightly early so probably won't put all my eggs on the Cowboys this year, dump him for random kicker on the wire)
DEF - Detroit

Bench is pretty decent so I'll post as well:
Danny Amendola, Johnny Knox, James Starks, Ben Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Marion Barber

I'm relatively satisfied with it. Might need to move Miles for a different WR1 just for balance sake though.

^^^ Dallas offense is going to go off this year but you are screwed on thier bye week

hearing that Newman might not even be ready week 1...the secondary is going to be very weak

that means Dallas games are going to be huge air battles...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #94
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
^^^ Dallas offense is going to go off this year but you are screwed on thier bye week

hearing that Newman might not even be ready week 1...the secondary is going to be very weak

that means Dallas games are going to be huge air battles...
we doing sidebets in the ish $ league?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #95
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

QB-Rivers
QB-Freeman
RB-Charles
RB-Best
WR-Jennings
WR-Bowe
WR-Britt
TE-Witten
W/RB/TE-Hightower
K-Henerey
Def-Eagles

Bench-Mcnabb
Bench-Garcon
Bench-L.Moore
Bench-J.Starks

DB-Troy P
LB-D.Ware
DL-T.Cole

Really did no research on these whatsoever. Just winged it at the last minute when I joined.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #96
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
we doing sidebets in the ish $ league?
you still offering 2.5:1

?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #97
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
you still offering 2.5:1

?
im offering 2 to 1
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #98
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
im offering 2 to 1
I'm free to talk about this tonight

If we do this then yeah I am probably going to want to use league safe or something...getting up there lol

you got free time tonight?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #99
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
No, Matt Forte is your favorite sleeper. Why he doesn't go in the top 12 in PPR leagues... I don't get it.
First, it isn't a full PPR league. It is 0.5 per reception.

Second, let's not overrate Forte. He is a nice player and he will explode occasionally, but he isn't a first round caliber pick.

I had him last year in this very league. He was my RB2 and that was about where he belonged.

He can be wildly inconsistent and he'll go through stretches with virtually no production. You can't have that out of your top draft choice and expect to compete for the playoffs.

All of his receiving TDs were in the first two games last year and he spent the majority of the season getting 15 or less touches per game.

Again... Nice player and, in a weak class of RBs, he is an excellent RB2, but I wouldn't want to depend on him as anything more than that.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-24-2011 at 01:30 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #100
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'm free to talk about this tonight

If we do this then yeah I am probably going to want to use league safe or something...getting up there lol

you got free time tonight?
hm possibly late tonight if you are around?

yes we should use leaguesafe if it's possible.

or ill be around at 8pst until 10pst?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #101
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
First, it isn't a full PPR league. It is 0.5 per reception.

Second, let's not overrate Forte. He is a nice player and he will explode occasionally, but he isn't a first round caliber pick.

I had him last year in this very league. He was my RB2 and that was about where he belonged.

He can be wildly inconsistent and he'll go through stretches with virtually no production. You can't have that out of your top draft choice and expect to compete for the playoffs.

All of his receiving TDs were in the first two games last year and he spent the majority of the season getting 15 or less touches per game.

Again... Nice player and, in a week class of RBs, he is an excellent RB2, but I wouldn't want to depend on him as anything more than that.
I have to disagree I think he's extremely consistent but lacks major upside. If you look at his game log I think he only had two starts last year where he was under 8 points. I really love him as a value pick and towards the end of the year when they started to feed him the ball he really took advantage of the opportunity. I like him a lot this year to build on the success and I think he'll be an even bigger focal point of the offense.

I'd take him over guys like Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Steven Jackson, Deangelo Williams, Frank Gore.

I think he is a lower end RB1 in PPR formats, in standard leagues he's a high end RB2.

Im a little higher on him than you :)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #102
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have to disagree I think he's extremely consistent but lacks major upside. If you look at his game log I think he only had two starts last year where he was under 8 points. I really love him as a value pick and towards the end of the year when they started to feed him the ball he really took advantage of the opportunity. I like him a lot this year to build on the success and I think he'll be an even bigger focal point of the offense.

I'd take him over guys like Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Steven Jackson, Deangelo Williams, Frank Gore.

I think he is a lower end RB1 in PPR formats, in standard leagues he's a high end RB2.

Im a little higher on him than you :)
Well, maybe after his strong finish last year, this will be his 'real' breakout season. He drove me nuts for the first 3/4 of the season last year, though. Well, I shouldn't say that he drove me nuts... Martz drove me nuts.

He hates running the ball... Flat-out.

There were times when Chicago was on the verge of taking over a game with an old-school defense/pound the ball gameplan and he would inexplicably begin going to the air.

Also, he often used Chester Taylor as his goalline back, which also made me want to pull my hair out. This year, they have acquired Marion Barber for that very purpose, which would also scare me a bit.

Forte will get his points, but I'll be surprised if he meets your expectations as a fantasy player. Then again, I've been wrong before.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #103
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Forte over Turner

want to bet on that fantasy matchup alone Marlo?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #104
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Forte over Turner

want to bet on that fantasy matchup alone Marlo?
Full year avy bet that Forte> Turner in your league, barring injury?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #105
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Full year avy bet that Forte> Turner in your league, barring injury?
I want Marlo's money
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: