Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #1051
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Standard.

Finley did burn CHI for 3 TDs last time they played, and the Bears are likely to employ the same type of defense this time around. They will go all out to limit the WRs, and that will leave the middle of the field open for Finley.

Same goes for Celek. Celek had a great game last time they met, when the Cowboys where focused on stopping the receivers.

The only reason I'm giving Celek a slight edge is because PHI desperately needs this win, whereas GB might just rest their starters depending on the outcome of the 49ers game.
Yep you hit on the head. Finley has the higher potential but Celek is the safer play. 49ers can lose to the Hawks and who knows what McCarthy will do with the starters. i don't know if you can risk playing Finley especially if its the championship.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #1052
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Yep you hit on the head. Finley has the higher potential but Celek is the safer play. 49ers can lose to the Hawks and who knows what McCarthy will do with the starters. i don't know if you can risk playing Finley especially if its the championship.

Thanks.

What about playing Kahlil Bell over Steven Jackson?

I'm expecting S-Jax to be heavily involved in the game plan, especially as a receiver. I'm going out on a limb by saying he gets 20 carries, 100+ all purpose yards, and has a 60% chance to score.

Kahlil Bell is starting for CHI, and he plays eerilysimilar to Forte. The guy has all the tools to be a great back in this league, and with a good matchup against GB, I'm giving him the nod over Jackson.

What you think?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #1053
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Miles Austin or AJ Green?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #1054
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Thanks.

What about playing Kahlil Bell over Steven Jackson?

I'm expecting S-Jax to be heavily involved in the game plan, especially as a receiver. I'm going out on a limb by saying he gets 20 carries, 100+ all purpose yards, and has a 60% chance to score.

Kahlil Bell is starting for CHI, and he plays eerilysimilar to Forte. The guy has all the tools to be a great back in this league, and with a good matchup against GB, I'm giving him the nod over Jackson.

What you think?
I am in the same situation. I have been debating starting Bell at the flex and have Moss and Megatron go instead of starting Torrey Smith.

The screen and check downs to backs is the Packers achilles heel. And i would be assuming with McCown starting that we will see a lot of that. But if i was in your situation i don't think i could get myself to start Bell over Jackson this deep into the playoffs. Especially since your league isn't PPR and that is where id believe Bell would get most of his points. With Ben out you'd hope the Steelers offense will sputter allowing the Rams to run the ball more.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #1055
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Miles Austin or AJ Green?

Green easily.

Austin has to compete for targets with Witten, Bryant, and Robinson. Not to mention Philly has an above average secondary.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #1056
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm pulling my hair out over whether I should start V-Jax or not. Right now I have Maclin and Colston as my WR's but I'm leaning towards starting Malcolm Floyd if Jackson is out.

Also trying to decide between three of four: C.J. Spiller, Kevin Smith, Khalil Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #1057
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I am in the same situation. I have been debating starting Bell at the flex and have Moss and Megatron go instead of starting Torrey Smith.

The screen and check downs to backs is the Packers achilles heel. And i would be assuming with McCown starting that we will see a lot of that. But if i was in your situation i don't think i could get myself to start Bell over Jackson this deep into the playoffs. Especially since your league isn't PPR and that is where id believe Bell would get most of his points. With Ben out you'd hope the Steelers offense will sputter allowing the Rams to run the ball more.

Completely forgot about Big Ben being out.

Would you play Bell over Sproles in that case? Sproles got 2.20 points last time he faced ATL, but he has been much more involved in recent weeks.

I should just leave Kahlil on the bench, huh?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #1058
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Green easily.

Austin has to compete for targets with Witten, Bryant, and Robinson. Not to mention Philly has an above average secondary.
Yeah, Greens been great for me lately, but he's got an injury, though he's still playing.

Miles Austin or Fitzgerald?

I know this seems like a no brainer, but Fitz hasn't been very good in Fantasy all year, and I really would like to win this week..
Old 12-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #1059
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I'm pulling my hair out over whether I should start V-Jax or not. Right now I have Maclin and Colston as my WR's but I'm leaning towards starting Malcolm Floyd if Jackson is out.

Also trying to decide between three of four: C.J. Spiller, Kevin Smith, Khalil Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw.

I would sit Bradshaw.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #1060
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Yeah, Greens been great for me lately, but he's got an injury, though he's still playing.

Miles Austin or Fitzgerald?

I know this seems like a no brainer, but Fitz hasn't been very good in Fantasy all year, and I really would like to win this week..

Wouldn't we all.

I know first hand from the years I've owned him, that you can't sit Fitz. As soon as you put him on the bench he will explode.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #1061
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Completely forgot about Big Ben being out.

Would you play Bell over Sproles in that case? Sproles got 2.20 points last time he faced ATL, but he has been much more involved in recent weeks.

I should just leave Kahlil on the bench, huh?
Yeah there is no way you can sit sproles
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #1062
irondarts

Quote:
Wouldn't we all.

I know first hand from the years I've owned him, that you can't sit Fitz. As soon as you put him on the bench he will explode.
That's why I haven't sat him at all this year, I keep thinking once I sit him he will have a huge game, I guess I'll play him today and sit Austin.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #1063
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
That's why I haven't sat him at all this year, I keep thinking once I sit him he will have a huge game, I guess I'll play him today and sit Austin.

Who would you rather go with?

Steven Jackson or Kahlil Bell?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #1064
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Quote:
Who would you rather go with?

Steven Jackson or Kahlil Bell?

I couldn't handle it anymore.

I decided to go old school and flip a coin.

First time, I got Kahlil Bell. I called it a fluke since it hit the roof.

One more time I flipped the coin, Kahlil Bell. After about 2 minutes of pacing from one side of the room to the other I told myself, "Hold on, best 3 out of 5."

Two times, I got Steven Jackson. 2-2

It's up to destiny now. First flip of the coin, had it not hit the roof, could have been S-Jax.

Final flip, Kahlil Bell.

That's my decision.

Fantasy Finals baby, all or nothing. Going with the upside.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #1065
jazz873
College star

Quote:
I couldn't handle it anymore.

I decided to go old school and flip a coin.

First time, I got Kahlil Bell. I called it a fluke since it hit the roof.

One more time I flipped the coin, Kahlil Bell. After about 2 minutes of pacing from one side of the room to the other I told myself, "Hold on, best 3 out of 5."

Two times, I got Steven Jackson. 2-2

It's up to destiny now. First flip of the coin, had it not hit the roof, could have been S-Jax.

Final flip, Kahlil Bell.

That's my decision.

Fantasy Finals baby, all or nothing. Going with the upside.

Thatta boy i hope it pays off for ya
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: