Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #1096
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I have the 3rd pick in 12 team standard scoring league in which everything is standard except for QB completions and incompletions.

You get half a point for a every completion, but lose half a point for every incompetion thrown by your QB. Every other scoring setting is standard.

First pick is most definitely going Rodgers. Second pick has been bouncing around from Brady, Brees, Foster, and Cam for the past couple of weeks. I don't know if he's fucking with everyone or if he really has no idea who he's going with.

Brady had ~470 fantasy points last year. He had 401 completions and 210 incompletions, which would have given him an extra 95.5 points for a grand total of 566 fantasy points.

Brees had 544 fantasy points last year. He had 468 completions and 189 incompletions, which would have given him and extra 139.5 points for a grand total of 683 fantasy points.

I had Brees last year and he was the main reason I won another 14 team league. This year though, due to all the weapons in NE and the uncertainty in the Big Easy, I have Brady ahead of Brees.

I'm definitely going QB with my first pick, as it would be foolish not to grab one of the elite QBs in a league like this. If #2 goes Brees, I'm going Brady. If #2 goes Brady, I'm going Brees.

My question is, on the off chance that both Brees and Brady are available at #3, who would you rather have the upcoming season?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1097
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Here's a question for my football bruddas: I have the third pick, assuming Arian Foster goes first so I'm targeting Rodgers since Rice will prolly be taken 2nd (I live near BAL). Is it best to go Rodgers over Brees fantasy wise? I think it is but I haven't played in a couple years.

Also, assuming #2 pick takes A Rod 12 (a$$hole) should I snag Rice, Brees or McCoy. I'm thinking Ray Rizzle
umm....what about McCoy??? There's only 3 elite RBs in this year's drafts if I had top 3 i'd get at least one of foster, rice, or mcoy hands down.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #1098
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Had my 3rd draft, 4th pick, and btw what I mean by 1st drat, 2nd draft, 3rd draft I mean those are the of the season not like my 1st or 2nd or 3rd ever, been playing fantasy since '07 so its of the season. But here's my team and already got a trade request:

Starters:
QB-Matt Schaub
RB-McCoy
RB-Gore
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Percy Harvin
TE-Tony Gonzalez
FLEX-C.J. Spiller
K-Patriots kicker
DST-Ravens

Bench:
QB-Josh Freeman
RB-Toby Gerhart
WR-Lestar Jean
WR-Davone Bess
WR-Rod Streater
TE-Coby Fleener

Got this trade proposal:

Gore, Julio, & Andre for Foster, Demeriyus Thomas, Boldin

should I do it? At first I said no, been saying no but then I thought about it, if I have foster and mccoy together I really don't need WRs idk tho.

Last edited by Raj Da Dodge : 08-24-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #1099
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

bump! need to know lol. really wanna do this trade donno if I should tho!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #1100
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
bump! need to know lol. really wanna do this trade donno if I should tho!
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. 2 of the top 3 running backs and Peytons number one option? Hell yeah.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #1101
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Coby Fleener @ Chi

or Pierre Thomas at home vs. Wash

or Boldin at home vs Cincy

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #1102
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
The Good:

- Best TE, especially considering the "elite" fantasy TE's only go about 5 deep
- I love Peyton too. Curious what round you reached though? Everyone in my money league is targeting Rodgers/Brees/Brady early, so I'm hoping I can stock up on other positions early and take Peyton or Stafford late.
- Best WR, obviously...what pick did you have?
- I like McGahee as a #2 RB in standard scoring

The Bad:

- Decker holds more value in a PPR league
- Charles/Hillis have split their carries pretty much 50/50 so far. Hillis will take away from his goal line carries and even receiving yards. Look to upgrade for a real #1, maybe using Charles/Bowe or McGahee/Bowe in trade.
- I love DeAngelo as a real life player, but he'll be inconsistent. HIGH in carries last year was 15 (twice), and low was 5. He had under 10 carries 7 times. He'll be frustrating in your flex.
Got CJ with #6, Rodgers went 5, after that there was a clear drop off so I got a nice spot. I took Peyton in I wanna say round 4, would have to look but I'm pretty sure, so pick 42 or so. It's not so much being displeased with having him, but Big Ben hung around until like late 6th, couple other guys I can't remember but solid #1 QBs. Just didn't get good value by taking him.

Ridley at least looked like a beast tonight so there is that, but we know how Belichick is with RBs.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #1103
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Coby Fleener @ Chi

or Pierre Thomas at home vs. Wash

or Boldin at home vs Cincy

Boldin.

PT23 has zero chance at a TD. Ingram would run in the red zone and Sproles pass catch there. Fleener a tough matchup and rookie I can't trust on week 1.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #1104
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fleener's had shaky hands in the preseason so far and in camp. He looked solid last week against Pitt but he sucked in week 1 against StL. Unless it's a 16 team league or something I don't think he's worth a roster spot.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #1105
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

InspiredLebowski u think I should go on w/my trade?
Old 08-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #1106
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
InspiredLebowski u think I should go on w/my trade?
Gore > Boldin
Julio < Foster
AJ > Demaryius

it's a tough one Foster is #1. Julio is top 15.

Gore is like around top 50 or 60, Boldin around top 100

AJ I would rank top 25, Demaryius top 80

you probably lose slightly on value, but you do get a duo of McCoy/Foster on your team and any time you have that impossible not to make playoffs so maybe do it.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #1107
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Words

Yo just got offered Donald Brown & Kenny Britt for Doug Martin in PPR. This is a league I have no WR3 or flex in so I'm tempted. Hesitating a bit since Doug Martin's value is probably going to rise and he's playing the awful Panthers run defense in week 1. Value wise it seems good though. Thoughts?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #1108
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Yo just got offered Donald Brown & Kenny Britt for Doug Martin in PPR. This is a league I have no WR3 or flex in so I'm tempted. Hesitating a bit since Doug Martin's value is probably going to rise and he's playing the awful Panthers run defense in week 1. Value wise it seems good though. Thoughts?
chatzy
Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #1109
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

2 Boston newspapers have now suggested Aaron Hernandez is Brady's #1 target. He had 3 more targets than any other player in NE's "dress rehearsal."
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #1110
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rate my team from my biggest money league ($200 buy-in).

Notes on the league:

*It is a full PPR league
*There are heavy roster restrictions. You have to have 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 DEFs. You can not exceed or go below those specific roster limitations.
*The other rules are standard.
*12 team league

I had the 11th pick in the draft.

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Demarco Murray
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Tony Gonzalez
Flex - Demaryius Thomas
K - Alex Henery
Def - Cowboys D