Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #1111
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Rate my team from my biggest money league ($200 buy-in).

Notes on the league:

*It is a full PPR league
*There are heavy roster restrictions. You have to have 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 DEFs. You can not exceed or go below those specific roster limitations.
*The other rules are standard.
*12 team league

I had the 11th pick in the draft.

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Demarco Murray
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Tony Gonzalez
Flex - Demaryius Thomas
K - Alex Henery
Def - Cowboys D

Bench:
Andrew Luck
CJ Spiller
Rashard Mendenhall
Kenny Britt
Greg Olsen
Mike Nugent
Titans D

Thoughts?
Interesting team, very risky at RB but high upside... I have a gut feeling DMC will play 14+ games this year he's due. Marshall and Jordy is a great combo... Marshall might top 110 receptions. Interesting that you have Olsen on bench over Tony G. I think Olsen will definitely be better. You seem to like Demeryius eh? Need to see more of Peyton throwing deep for me to buy into Thomas a ton. I'd say this is a playoff contender, could go deep in playoffs with proper roster moves and health from DMC and Murray.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #1112
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Interesting team, very risky at RB but high upside... I have a gut feeling DMC will play 14+ games this year he's due. Marshall and Jordy is a great combo... Marshall might top 110 receptions. Interesting that you have Olsen on bench over Tony G. I think Olsen will definitely be better. You seem to like Demeryius eh? Need to see more of Peyton throwing deep for me to buy into Thomas a ton. I'd say this is a playoff contender, could go deep in playoffs with proper roster moves and health from DMC and Murray.
I feel much more comfortable with Demeryius as a WR3 as opposed to a WR2 like I currently have him in our ISH Money League. Then again, I have Antonio Brown as my WR3 in our league and he is looking like a potential WR1, so Thomas may end up being my WR3 there, as well (that was confusing to write).

It's funny, I didn't come into these drafts "loving" Demeryius, but in both drafts there came a point where I thought he was the best option with the most upside left on the board. I agree that Manning's arm strength and neck issues are looking like a serious problem, but they are still going to be airing it out and Thomas can fly. We'll see. He is certainly one of the more interesting fantasy players this year.

I've seen him go as high as early 3rd round in some drafts and as late as the 6th round in others... Which is where I snagged him in this league. I mean, 6th round? Feel he is definitely worth the risk there.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Olsen. I have those guys sort of grouped in the same tier, so we'll see. Olsen could end up being my starter.

Oh, and I wanted badly to take Locker as my backup QB and he was actually there when I took Luck, but both he and Eli had the same bye week. Maybe still should have taken him for trade bait if nothing else.

Sort of regretting that.

All things considered, I like this team. There are some injury concerns at running back with DMC, Demarco and Mendenhall all on the same roster, but the upside of those three (specifically DMC and Demarco) are through the roof.

Also, I'm sort of surprised Mendenhall is falling so far in these drafts. I think I got him in the 12th round. I know he is coming off of a serious injury, but the Steelers -- I thought -- made sort of a telling move by not putting him on the PUP list. That means that they expect him to play somewhere in the first 5-6 games.

This was a guy that was going late-1st early-2nd last year... And, while he maybe didn't live up to that lofty draft position, he still put up 1,000+ yards and 9 TDs.

Not exactly a complete disappointment. Certainly worth stashing, I think.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-26-2012 at 04:59 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #1113
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Just came back from my fantasy draft. I had the 7th pick out of 14 in a PPR league. And yes, Shady fell to #7 in my league.

QBs: Ben Roethlisberger, RG3
RB: LeSean McCoy, Trent Richardson, LaMichael James, Ronnie Brown
WR: Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Reggie Wayne, Nate Washington, Sidney Rice
TE: Dallas Clark, Owen Daniels
K: Neil Rackers
D/ST: PIT
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #1114
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Just came back from my fantasy draft. I had the 7th pick out of 14 in a PPR league. And yes, Shady fell to #7 in my league.

QBs: Ben Roethlisberger, RG3
RB: LeSean McCoy, Trent Richardson, LaMichael James, Ronnie Brown
WR: Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Reggie Wayne, Nate Washington, Sidney Rice
TE: Dallas Clark, Owen Daniels
K: Neil Rackers
D/ST: PIT
Outside of Shady, you running backs are really really weak. Definitely try and pick up a decent rb2, maybe by shipping out some of your depth at receiver.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #1115
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Outside of Shady, you running backs are really really weak. Definitely try and pick up a decent rb2, maybe by shipping out some of your depth at receiver.

I know, I'm really banking on Richardson this year. If he can put up the numbers projected for him, I'll be looking decent at least.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #1116
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I know, I'm really banking on Richardson this year. If he can put up the numbers projected for him, I'll be looking decent at least.
I am never a big fan on rookie running backs for fantasy, but if he puts up numbers your team should be solid. What is the format? How many players at each position? PPR?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #1117
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I am never a big fan on rookie running backs for fantasy, but if he puts up numbers your team should be solid. What is the format? How many players at each position? PPR?

QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, K, DEF and .5 PPR.

I have to admit, i made a huge mistake on RG3. Way too much liquor, way too much green being passed around. I thought Eli Manning was already taken and took Griffin over him like an idiot. 3rd freakin round too. Good value in finding Roethlisberger in round 10, hope his OL can keep him upright. I have a feeling I'll be playing QB by committee this year.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #1118
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Yeah Mendenhall definitely worth a stash RBA. I think you will make the playoffs on that team for sure, I see DMC playing 14+ games and if he does that he'll be top 4 fantasy RB. Peyton looked good today but seemed fixed in on Decker rather than Thomas, but again as a WR3 not that big of an issue. You are right about Antonio Brown to RBA, he looks like a WR2 atleast.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #1119
sunsfan1357
Word.

Can anyone rate my team for me? Kinda of a screwy scoring system, .25 points per completion, 6 points for passing TD, .5 PPR, .25 points per carry. Had the 3rd pick, not feeling too good about the team though. It's a 12 team league.

QB: Brees
RB: Sproles
RB: DeMarco Murray
WR: Roddy White
WR: D. Thomas
TE: Jermichael Finley
Flex: Miles Austin
BN: Ben Tate, Mendenhall, Shaub, Greg Olsen, Nate Washington, Jon Baldwin.
DEF: Detroit

A lot of players I was eyeing got snagged a pick or two before me so that kind of sucked.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #1120
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

listening to ESPN radio some guy called in and said he took Jacob Tamme in the 3rd round

Quote:
Can anyone rate my team for me? Kinda of a screwy scoring system, .25 points per completion, 6 points for passing TD, .5 PPR, .25 points per carry. Had the 3rd pick, not feeling too good about the team though. It's a 12 team league.

QB: Brees
RB: Sproles
RB: DeMarco Murray
WR: Roddy White
WR: D. Thomas
TE: Jermichael Finley
Flex: Miles Austin
BN: Ben Tate, Mendenhall, Shaub, Greg Olsen, Nate Washington, Jon Baldwin.
DEF: Detroit

A lot of players I was eyeing got snagged a pick or two before me so that kind of sucked.
don't think anyone can judge that with such a crazy scoring system. I guess Brees is huge if it's 6 points for passing TD and you get points for QB completions.

Last edited by StateProperty : 08-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #1121
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I drafted in a league where this guy took Matt Forte 1st, Jay Cutler in the 2nd, and CHI defense before he even selected a 3rd receiver. Homer much?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #1122
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I drafted in a league where this guy took Matt Forte 1st, Jay Cutler in the 2nd, and CHI defense before he even selected a 3rd receiver. Homer much?
I love playing against those guys
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #1123
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I love playing against those guys
Yeah, my starting RB's are Rice/MJD. I didn't even bother drafting a backup QB because they kept leaving so much talent at other positions. I'll just wait til mine has a bye and pick someone up then.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1124
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

We're in the same league!!!???

Haha kidding
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #1125
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Only second year doing NFL, so I may not have made the best decisions drafting, but here's my team in the 12 team league i'm in with pick 6 in the draft.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger (6th round pick)
RB - Chris Johnson (1st round pick)
RB - Ryan Mathews (2nd round pick)
WR - A.J. Green (3rd round pick)
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey (8th round pick)
WR - Brandon Marshall (4th round pick)
TE - Aaron Hernandez (5th round pick
DST - Texans (10th round pick)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (11th round pick)

Bench
QB - Jay Cutler (9th round pick)
RB - Stevan Ridley (7th round pick)
RB - C.J. Spiller (14th round pick)
WR - Laurent Robinson (13th round pick)
TE - Greg Olsen (12th round pick)

I'm thinking I may need another WR as i'm unsure of Heyward-Bey and Robinson. Was going to get Santana Moss in the 9th, but he was taken two picks before me.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: