Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #1126
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

You would have been better off just waiting on Cutler in the 9th as your QB and taking a WR in the 6th. Easy to say that in hindsight tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #1127
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
You would have been better off just waiting on Cutler in the 9th as your QB and taking a WR in the 6th. Easy to say that in hindsight tho.
Yea, I was in two minds about taking Roethlisberger. I was thinking maybe to try and wait and see if I could get Matt Schaub in the 8th or 9th round, but didn't want to take a chance on missing out on him or someone else who was good as 6 guys (including me) hadn't drafted QB's by the 6th round, so I took Roethlisberger. Then by the time the 9th came around only two of those teams picked QB's and they were the two big rookies, leaving Cutler and Schaub on the board, but not a whole lot of WR's to get excited about. So I figured i'd stash Cutler in the hopes that Luck or RG3 have some issues and one of them gets desperate for a QB and then I could hopefully trade him, or Roethlisberger if Cutler plays better.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #1128
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Only second year doing NFL, so I may not have made the best decisions drafting, but here's my team in the 12 team league i'm in with pick 6 in the draft.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger (6th round pick)
RB - Chris Johnson (1st round pick)
RB - Ryan Mathews (2nd round pick)
WR - A.J. Green (3rd round pick)
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey (8th round pick)
WR - Brandon Marshall (4th round pick)
TE - Aaron Hernandez (5th round pick
DST - Texans (10th round pick)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (11th round pick)

Bench
QB - Jay Cutler (9th round pick)
RB - Stevan Ridley (7th round pick)
RB - C.J. Spiller (14th round pick)
WR - Laurent Robinson (13th round pick)
TE - Greg Olsen (12th round pick)

I'm thinking I may need another WR as i'm unsure of Heyward-Bey and Robinson. Was going to get Santana Moss in the 9th, but he was taken two picks before me.
I like the AJ Green/Brandon Marshall combo as your Nos. 1/2 receivers. Not crazy about Heyward-Bey as someone you are going to have to rely on going forward and Robinson isn't much of an upgrade. Is Titus Young available on your waiver wire? Randall Cobb? Or even Brandon LaFell? I like either of those guys better than either of your 3/4 receivers. Hit the waivers... There's got to be someone out there to help you out. If you can sort out that 3rd spot, WR will be your obvious strength.

As for your RBs, I'm not crazy about Mathews. He just has such difficulty staying healthy. That said, I love Stevan Ridley's upside and I think he will be your RB2 and may do a good job there. I do think CJ2K will have a nice year, so you are OK in this area. Spiller is a good RB4.

I like your TE situation. Gronk is going to be receiving a ton of the defensive attention and that should help open things up for Hernandez, who was actually the guy considered the higher upside receiving option when both of those guys were drafted. Hernandez is super athletic and a big target. He should do well. I also love Greg Olsen as a TE2 and have him myself in that very position in my biggest money league. With Shockey apparently out in Carolina, he will get the bulk of the TE targets from Cam Newton, a position that he loves to take advantage of. Last year, those targets were virtually split down the middle between Olsen and Shockey. This year, it should be 80/20 in favor of Olsen.

Your QBs are fine. I'd say Cutler has the higher FF ceiling with the Bears acquiring Brandon Marshall in the offseason. Then again, Ben is really clicking with Antonio Brown and it looks like Wallace will be reporting back to camp soon.

All in all, pretty strong team. There are some things you need to sort out, mainly your receivers after Marshall/Green, but other than that, this looks like a potential playoff team to me in any 12-team format.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #1129
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Only second year doing NFL, so I may not have made the best decisions drafting, but here's my team in the 12 team league i'm in with pick 6 in the draft.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger (6th round pick)
RB - Chris Johnson (1st round pick)
RB - Ryan Mathews (2nd round pick)
WR - A.J. Green (3rd round pick)
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey (8th round pick)
WR - Brandon Marshall (4th round pick)
TE - Aaron Hernandez (5th round pick
DST - Texans (10th round pick)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (11th round pick)

Bench
QB - Jay Cutler (9th round pick)
RB - Stevan Ridley (7th round pick)
RB - C.J. Spiller (14th round pick)
WR - Laurent Robinson (13th round pick)
TE - Greg Olsen (12th round pick)

I'm thinking I may need another WR as i'm unsure of Heyward-Bey and Robinson. Was going to get Santana Moss in the 9th, but he was taken two picks before me.
you did well.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #1130
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I like the AJ Green/Brandon Marshall combo as your Nos. 1/2 receivers. Not crazy about Heyward-Bey as someone you are going to have to rely on going forward and Robinson isn't much of an upgrade. Is Titus Young available on your waiver wire? Randall Cobb? Or even Brandon LaFell? I like either of those guys better than either of your 3/4 receivers. Hit the waivers... There's got to be someone out there to help you out. If you can sort out that 3rd spot, WR will be your obvious strength.

As for your RBs, I'm not crazy about Mathews. He just has such difficulty staying healthy. That said, I love Stevan Ridley's upside and I think he will be your RB2 and may do a good job there. I do think CJ2K will have a nice year, so you are OK in this area. Spiller is a good RB4.

I like your TE situation. Gronk is going to be receiving a ton of the defensive attention and that should help open things up for Hernandez, who was actually the guy considered the higher upside receiving option when both of those guys were drafted. Hernandez is super athletic and a big target. He should do well. I also love Greg Olsen as a TE2 and have him myself in that very position in my biggest money league. With Shockey apparently out in Carolina, he will get the bulk of the TE targets from Cam Newton, a position that he loves to take advantage of. Last year, those targets were virtually split down the middle between Olsen and Shockey. This year, it should be 80/20 in favor of Olsen.

Your QBs are fine. I'd say Cutler has the higher FF ceiling with the Bears acquiring Brandon Marshall in the offseason. Then again, Ben is really clicking with Antonio Brown and it looks like Wallace will be reporting back to camp soon.

All in all, pretty strong team. There are some things you need to sort out, mainly your receivers after Marshall/Green, but other than that, this looks like a potential playoff team to me in any 12-team format.
Young and LaFell were already picked, so I dropped Robinson for Cobb.

After the draft finished I was pretty sure having Heyward-Bey as my #3 WR was a small mistake draft day mistake as I had him on my team last year for awhile and he was very much a hit or miss player fantasy wise. Was hoping I'd manage to find a good replacement a few weeks in on the waiver wire. Then towards the end of the draft I got kinda desperate and drafted Robinson cause he played well last year, even though most people say we won't come close to that again this year. But I guess that can all come down to a general lack of knowledge on my part.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #1131
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Still a while away, but I don't know who I want at QB during week 1.

RG3 @ N.O. - Rookie QB, feel weird playing him the very first week. But he's going up against a patchwork Saints' D and is projected to get more fantasy points.

Big Ben @ Denver. More of a sure thing, but Denver's secondary is one of the better ones in the league and who knows what kind of shape Mike Wallace'll be in?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #1132
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
Still a while away, but I don't know who I want at QB during week 1.

RG3 @ N.O. - Rookie QB, feel weird playing him the very first week. But he's going up against a patchwork Saints' D and is projected to get more fantasy points.

Big Ben @ Denver. More of a sure thing, but Denver's secondary is one of the better ones in the league and who knows what kind of shape Mike Wallace'll be in?
I could never start RG3 over Big Ben week 1 but thats just me. Its a huge risk
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #1133
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I could never start RG3 over Big Ben week 1 but thats just me. Its a huge risk
Agree. You have to see how a guy is going to translate when the lights turn up and the real season starts before pulling that trigger, imo. Luck is the most NFL-ready rookie QB I have ever seen in my life and I wouldn't even feel comfortable starting him Week 1 regardless of the opponent.

You just never know how long it is going to take a young player to find his groove. Even for the best of the best, it can take a while. Ben isn't the greatest FF QB out there and his worth in FF doesn't come close to his actual worth on the football field, but he is still a very reliable start.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #1134
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just drafted for my $100 work league. 12 teams, standard scoring (non ppr). I had 11th overall pick

QB: Eli Manning
WR: Cruz
WR: Antonio Brown
RB: Forte
RB: D. Murray
Flex: Trent Richardson
TE: Fred Davis

Some bench:

J. Blackmon
G. Little
R. Turbin
R. Cobb
RGIII

What do you guys think?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #1135
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

^ very solid, well balanced team. i think your biggest strength will be your RB's if they stay healthy. both murray and forte have the ability to finish in the top 10. t-rich shouldn't be too far behind.

davis is my fav TE not named graham/gronk this year. cooley is out of the picture so davis should see all the snaps he can handle. i like little off your bench, he has tons of potential. blackmon make sense as well.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-29-2012 at 09:04 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #1136
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

10 team league default scoring besides passing touchdowns are 6.

QB: Romo
RB: McFadden
RB: Mathews
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
Flex: Steven Jackson/Decker
TE: Dustin Keller
K: Match up
DEF: Match up

Bench:

Eric Decker
Ridley
Kenny Britt
Redman
Mendenhall
Malcolm Floyd
Danny Amedonla
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #1137
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

I need to pick a starting kicker off FA for my 12 man money league. Which of the following would be the best option:

-Connor Barth TB
-Ryan Succop KC
-Shaun Suisham PIT
-Ryan Lindell BUF
-Josh Scobee JAX

Help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know jack about kickers lol
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #1138
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
10 team league default scoring besides passing touchdowns are 6.

QB: Romo
RB: McFadden
RB: Mathews
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
Flex: Steven Jackson/Decker
TE: Dustin Keller
K: Match up
DEF: Match up

Bench:

Eric Decker
Ridley
Kenny Britt
Redman
Mendenhall
Malcolm Floyd
Danny Amedonla
I actually like your team a lot. Good work.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1139
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
I need to pick a starting kicker off FA for my 12 man money league. Which of the following would be the best option:

-Connor Barth TB
-Ryan Succop KC
-Shaun Suisham PIT
-Ryan Lindell BUF
-Josh Scobee JAX

Kickers are tough to gauge. Getting points from kickers is often times based off luck of the draw. I like the Bills offense this year and playing against the jets in week one should net you some decent points from Lindell. Try and play matchups with kickers and you should be ok.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #1140
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS

-Connor Barth TB
-Ryan Succop KC
-Shaun Suisham PIT
-Ryan Lindell BUF
-Josh Scobee JAX

Kickers vary so much week to week its really a crapshoot. I'd say Scobee is the best kicker on that list but Jax's offense will probably be pretty limited. Lindell and Suisham both play in pretty difficult stadiums for kickers so I'd steer clear of them.

Go with either Barth or Succop. Do you believe in Freeman and the Bucs more or Cassell and the Chiefs? Go with that kicker.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: