Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #1141
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

^ Thanks for the insight, i ended up picking Tampa's kicker ! (crosses fingers)
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #1142
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Just drafted for my $100 12 man non-ppr standard scoring work league thoughts?:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Doug Martin
RB: Peyton Hillis

WR: Julio Jones
WR: Brandon Lloyd

TE: Jermichael Finley

Flex: Percy Harvin

Def: GB/Det

Kicker: Dan Bailey

Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Ryan Williams
Bench: Roy Helu
Bench: Randall Cobb
Bench: Josh Freeman
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #1143
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

looks very good actually Vapid. Hillis is more of a flex option but he's your RB2 that's probably fine because Harvin is in your flex spot and he's a stud top 10 WR. Julio Jones has a shot to finish as a top 2 fantasy WR. Obviously Brees elite, Doug Martin is a top flight RB2, but might be a Rb1 he has that upside as the bell cow. Lloyd is on bust alert, Finley to some degree also but he should put up 800-8 finley. I think I would package Lloyd/Hillis for a sick RB slide Harvin into WR2 with Julio at WR1 and put Ingram at flex he should be a good flex in non-PPR as the goal-line back in NO.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #1144
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm higher on Hillis and Lloyd than bb4l. Looks like a really solid team with great upside imo.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #1145
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

This may have been asked, but there's search of this piece of shit forum and this thread is long...

Who do you like between Nicks and Cruz? Since generally they are selected in the same round from the mock drafts I have done.

Or avoid both?

I have Nicks on my keeper team and have had him since his rookie year, for some random information. Always been good to me. I'm mainly talking about a normal league, though.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #1146
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
This may have been asked, but there's search of this piece of shit forum and this thread is long...

Who do you like between Nicks and Cruz? Since generally they are selected in the same round from the mock drafts I have done.

Or avoid both?

I have Nicks on my keeper team and have had him since his rookie year, for some random information. Always been good to me. I'm mainly talking about a normal league, though.
I value Nicks slightly more than I value Cruz. It is pretty close but Nicks has been more productive for a longer period of time and he is a better redzone target than Cruz.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #1147
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

JBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Just drafted for my $100 12 man non-ppr standard scoring work league thoughts?:

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Doug Martin
RB: Peyton Hillis

WR: Julio Jones
WR: Brandon Lloyd

TE: Jermichael Finley

Flex: Percy Harvin

Def: GB/Det

Kicker: Dan Bailey

Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Ryan Williams
Bench: Roy Helu
Bench: Randall Cobb
Bench: Josh Freeman
Solid team. Your WR lineup is nice.
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #1148
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, guess I will post my final FF team. This is a money league... $100 entrance fee.

It is a 12-team league with full PPR. It is also six points per passing TD, which I don't like, but hey.... it won the vote.

Roster restrictions: 2QBs, 4RBs, 4WRs, 2TEs, 2Ks, 2DEFs

My lineup (in starting criteria):

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Fred Jackson
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Hakeem Nicks
TE - Fred Davis
Flex - Ahmad Bradshaw
K - Matt Prater
Def - Jets

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Mark Ingram
Malcolm Floyd
Greg Little
Jordan Cameron
Browns D
Mike Nugent

Thoughts?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #1149
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I value Nicks slightly more than I value Cruz. It is pretty close but Nicks has been more productive for a longer period of time and he is a better redzone target than Cruz.
I agree. And I can tell you, because I owned him last year, Nicks absolutely received the opponent's best corner every week. I believe in our championship round in the ISH Money League, I had Nicks and Eli and my opponent had Cruz. Revis matched against Nicks all game and Hakeem did very little, but Cruz had that 90+ yard TD catch.

If that trend changed and opponents began giving the toughest corner assignment to Cruz, people may see why Nicks is such a special player.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #1150
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Well, guess I will post my final FF team. This is a money league... $100 entrance fee.

It is a 12-team league with full PPR. It is also six points per passing TD, which I don't like, but hey.... it won the vote.

Roster restrictions: 2QBs, 4RBs, 4WRs, 2TEs, 2Ks, 2DEFs

My lineup (in starting criteria):

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Demarco Murray
RB - Fred Jackson
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Hakeem Nicks
TE - Fred Davis
Flex - Ahmad Bradshaw
K - Matt Prater
Def - Jets

Bench:
Joe Flacco
Mark Ingram
Malcolm Floyd
Greg Little
Jordan Cameron
Browns D
Mike Nugent

Thoughts?
Very well balanced team RBA, this is your most impressive yet IMO. Eli Manning great QB1 in that league. I love your WR duo, I have Jordy down for 1200-10 as a "floor". I think he'll go 1250 and 12 though. Nicks I think in 16 games you'll get similar but health has been an issue, but right now healthy so no need to worry. Bradshaw is a GREAT flex GREAT. 11 TDs in basically 11 games since one was cut short due to injury and 4 others fully missed. Basically he put up 1,000 total and 11 TD in 11 games, he will probably flirt with 1,500 total yards and go over 10 TD barring injury of course. Murray I'm not high on I see him as a RB2 but F-Jax is the best RB2 IMO so that makes up for that. Fred Davis I'm really down on but I guess you got him cheap? Overall team has zero holes as long as Freddy contributes like 800-6.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #1151
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I agree. And I can tell you, because I owned him last year, Nicks absolutely received the opponent's best corner every week. I believe in our championship round in the ISH Money League, I had Nicks and Eli and my opponent had Cruz. Revis matched against Nicks all game and Hakeem did very little, but Cruz had that 90+ yard TD catch.

If that trend changed and opponents began giving the toughest corner assignment to Cruz, people may see why Nicks is such a special player.
The Jets are the only team in the entire NFL that do a "glue" with a CB (Revis)

And even they don't do it all the time...

On every other team in the NFL, the CBs just play their side of the feild...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #1152
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
The Jets are the only team in the entire NFL that do a "glue" with a CB (Revis)

And even they don't do it all the time...

On every other team in the NFL, the CBs just play their side of the feild...
Well, that's just flatly untrue. I can tell you because Joe Haden is almost always matched against the opponent's No. 1 receiver. He followed AJ Green all over the field last year in both matchups against Cincy.

No, it isn't EVERY play. Sometimes a coverage scheme demands guys be in a certain spot, but I'm talking about when a team is in man... You generally want your best CB matched against the team's best WR.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #1153
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Very well balanced team RBA, this is your most impressive yet IMO. Eli Manning great QB1 in that league. I love your WR duo, I have Jordy down for 1200-10 as a "floor". I think he'll go 1250 and 12 though. Nicks I think in 16 games you'll get similar but health has been an issue, but right now healthy so no need to worry. Bradshaw is a GREAT flex GREAT. 11 TDs in basically 11 games since one was cut short due to injury and 4 others fully missed. Basically he put up 1,000 total and 11 TD in 11 games, he will probably flirt with 1,500 total yards and go over 10 TD barring injury of course. Murray I'm not high on I see him as a RB2 but F-Jax is the best RB2 IMO so that makes up for that. Fred Davis I'm really down on but I guess you got him cheap? Overall team has zero holes as long as Freddy contributes like 800-6.
Thanks for the write-up. Yeah, I like this team a lot. I still think my biggest big money league team is my favorite...

Eli Manning
Darren McFadden
Demarco Murray
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Greg Olsen
Demariyous Thomas
Kenny Britt

...although, that team up there has more depth and is a little more balanced. Love that DMC/Demarco combo... And Brandon Marshall/Jordy.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #1154
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'm higher on Hillis and Lloyd than bb4l. Looks like a really solid team with great upside imo.

ya, if you were high on lloyd before....the pot just sweetened with pats releasing deion branch. that can only mean they believe lloyd is a major factor in the offense going forward. remember, they don't have gaffney anymore either. lloyd reunites with mcdaniels and has averaged 1200/8 over the past two seasons with average QBs throwing to him. i'm really starting to get bullish on lloyd...with brady throwing to him and all the attention welker and the TEs draw, i can see him getting tons of targets. i can see his ceiling being around brandon marshall's for sure and a borderline WR1.

http://www.patriots.com/games-and-st...pth-chart.html

two first string WR's listed: welker, lloyd

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-01-2012 at 04:25 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 AM   #1155
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Thanks for the write-up. Yeah, I like this team a lot. I still think my biggest big money league team is my favorite...

Eli Manning
Darren McFadden
Demarco Murray
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Greg Olsen
Demariyous Thomas
Kenny Britt

...although, that team up there has more depth and is a little more balanced. Love that DMC/Demarco combo... And Brandon Marshall/Jordy.

definitely a stacked team as well. How much you got invested in fantasy this year? How many teams? I have 4 teams all for money, maybe around $500 invested, I hope to win A LEAGUE.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: