Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-01-2012, 04:37 AM   #1156
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
definitely a stacked team as well. How much you got invested in fantasy this year? How many teams? I have 4 teams all for money, maybe around $500 invested, I hope to win A LEAGUE.
I overdid it last year. I was in six leagues. It was too much. I couldn't keep track of everything that was happening.

This year, I just decided to focus on three leagues, all for money.

My big money league is a $200 buy-in. That is the one where I have DMC/Brandon Marshall/Jordy/etc. Then, the roster I posted above and our ISH league are both $100 buy-in leagues.

I'm done playing in leagues for no money. I lose interest in them very quickly and end up just focusing on my money leagues.

All together, three leagues, $400 invested. I, like you, hope to win a league... Any of them. Even a couple of runner-ups wouldn't be a bad finish.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #1157
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah well you definitely set yourself up with a great chance based on draft. Now if you can get a little luck like SP last year

STATEPROPERTY YEUHHHHHHHHHHHH
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #1158
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Well, that's just flatly untrue. I can tell you because Joe Haden is almost always matched against the opponent's No. 1 receiver. He followed AJ Green all over the field last year in both matchups against Cincy.

No, it isn't EVERY play. Sometimes a coverage scheme demands guys be in a certain spot, but I'm talking about when a team is in man... You generally want your best CB matched against the team's best WR.
It's not untrue, this has been pointed out about Revis and the Jets several times last year.

Dallas has never run a "glue" not even with Deion, he just played his side...the QB never looked at his side.

If the Browns did that with Haden it had to be a rare situation...def not something they did on a regular, CBs become accustomed to playing a side.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #1159
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Rate my teams:

TEAM 1: 12 team money league no ppr. I had the 11th pick and really love what I was able to do with it.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Matt Forte
RB/WR: Fred Jackson
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST: Eagles
K: Billy Cundiff

Kenny Britt
Robert Griffin III
Donald Brown
CJ Spiller
Rashad Jennings
Ed Dickson

TEAM 2: 8 team league. No money but its with my bestfriends and is really competitive. No PPR.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Vernon Davis
TE: Martellus Bennet
D/ST: Steelers
K: Matt Prater

Demarius Thomas
Percy Harvin
Isaac Redman
David Wilson
Cedric Benson

Considering trading Turner for Matthews and starting Harvin until Matthews is back.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #1160
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

QB: Drew Brees
RB:Marshawn Lynch
RB:Trent Richardson
WR:Larry Fitzgerald
WR:A.J Green
TE:Brent Celek
W/R:Eric Decker
K:Nate Kaeding
Def: Philly
Bench:
QB:Joe Flacco
RB:C.J Spiller
RB:Ben Tate
RB: Ryan Williams
WR: Greg Little
WR:Lance Moore
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #1161
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Shady Mccoy
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Aaron Hernandez
W/R: Doug Martin
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: San Francisco 49'ers

BN: Matt Schaub
BN: Titus Young
BN: Kendall Hunter
BN: Micheal Crabtree

4th place here I come!
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #1162
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

how many teams what settings Timmy D?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #1163
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
how many teams what settings Timmy D?

12 teams. Default Yahoo save for 5 for a passing TD, and negatives for missed FGs. 40 move limit.

A solid run game should carry me, but I have gambled on some unknowns. It didn't come out as I had hoped in the least.

But you know what they say, nothing ventured...
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #1164
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

major hole at QB but other than that looks like a very very good team. I think martin will have a better year than richardson but richardson will be one of the top flex plays. mccoy obv elite. all 3 WRs good, good TE. I'd have taken Locker instead of Schaub and started him over Cutler
Old 09-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1165
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My Team:

QB: Drew Brees(3)
WR: Marques Colston(46), V-Jackson(70), Denarius Moore(99)
RB: Steven Jackson(22), Trent Richardson(27)
TE: Vernon Davis(51)
WRT: Brandon Pettigrew(75)
DEF: Baltimore(123)

Bench: Cedric Benson(94), Greg Little(118), Jon Baldwin(142), Brandon Jacobs(147), LaMichael James(166)

First, how's my team looking? 12 Team Standard Scoring QB-favored league(+0.5 pts per completion, -0.5 pts per incompletion)

Also exploring trade options with a team who's looking for a TE.

His Team:

QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Sidney Rice
RB: Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles,
TE: Jared Cook
WRT: Donald Brown

Bench: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Amendola, Philip Rivers, Toby Gerhart, Isaiah Pead.

I was thinking of offering Brandon Pettigrew, Vincent Jackson, and Cedric Benson for his Jared Cook, Antonio Brown, and BenJarvus Green Ellis/Donald Brown(one or the other).

Should I send the trade request or wait until some football is actually played? If yes, should I go for Donald Brown or BJGE?
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #1166
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Rate my teams:

TEAM 1: 12 team money league no ppr. I had the 11th pick and really love what I was able to do with it.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Matt Forte
RB/WR: Fred Jackson
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST: Eagles
K: Billy Cundiff

Kenny Britt
Robert Griffin III
Donald Brown
CJ Spiller
Rashad Jennings
Ed Dickson

TEAM 2: 8 team league. No money but its with my bestfriends and is really competitive. No PPR.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Vernon Davis
TE: Martellus Bennet
D/ST: Steelers
K: Matt Prater

Demarius Thomas
Percy Harvin
Isaac Redman
David Wilson
Cedric Benson

Considering trading Turner for Matthews and starting Harvin until Matthews is back.
Team 1: You did a great job with running backs. Fred Jackson at your third is going to be really helpful down the road. With how well you did with your runningbacks, you were still able to snag some decent receivers. I like Bowe a lot and Lloyd should have a very solid year. Kenny Britt is a risky pick but he has a lot of potential and it can't hurt to have him on your bench. Matt Ryan is fine enough for a quarterback and RG3 could be Camesque this year. Smart play picking up Spiller because of Jacksons injury problems in the past and Jennings could get some points in the first couple of weeks. All in all a very good team for a 12 team league.

Team 2: Your receivers are very good. I like Thomas and Harvin a lot this year, so having those guys on your bench is solid. Obviously Brady is one of the elite quarterbacks so nothing to really say there. I can see you like McFadden this year . Liking him is not unwarranted as his potential is enormous if he can stay healthy. I would definitely consider doing that trade. Not a fan of Turner this year and I like Mathews a lot. Harvin is a very solid flex play so I don't think you will lose out too much in the short term.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #1167
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Shady Mccoy
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Wes Welker
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TE: Aaron Hernandez
W/R: Doug Martin
K: Rob Bironas
DEF: San Francisco 49'ers

BN: Matt Schaub
BN: Titus Young
BN: Kendall Hunter
BN: Micheal Crabtree

4th place here I come!
Your top two runningbacks are great and Martin should be a viable third option, but you don't have very much depth. During bye weeks you are going to be scrambling to try and fill those spots in. I really like your receivers. I am really high on Maclin this year and Welker is a consistently great fantasy option. Marshall is due for his breakout year statwise as well. Quarterback combo of Cutler and Schaub isn't great but it will get the job done. I also really really like Titus Young this year. Don't be surprised if you end up starting him for more than a few weeks.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1168
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerz
QB: Drew Brees
RB:Marshawn Lynch
RB:Trent Richardson
WR:Larry Fitzgerald
WR:A.J Green
TE:Brent Celek
W/R:Eric Decker
K:Nate Kaeding
Def: Philly
Bench:
QB:Joe Flacco
RB:C.J Spiller
RB:Ben Tate
RB: Ryan Williams
WR: Greg Little
WR:Lance Moore
I will base this analysis off a 12 team league standard scoring format. Great job with your runningback draft. Lynch and Richardson are workhorses and should be very good for fantasy this year. I like your bench even more than your starters, as all three have the possibility of being starting running backs (Fred Jackson has injury issues, Foster missed some games last year to injury, and Beanie Wells is made of glass). Receivers are pretty good as well. Fitzy and Green are going to provide a good 1-2 punch and I have a feeling Decker will become Peytons favorite target. With Drew Brees as your quarterback, you probably don't need to keep a quarteback on your bench and if you are going to do this, make it someone besides Joe Flacco.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #1169
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
My Team:

QB: Drew Brees(3)
WR: Marques Colston(46), V-Jackson(70), Denarius Moore(99)
RB: Steven Jackson(22), Trent Richardson(27)
TE: Vernon Davis(51)
WRT: Brandon Pettigrew(75)
DEF: Baltimore(123)

Bench: Cedric Benson(94), Greg Little(118), Jon Baldwin(142), Brandon Jacobs(147), LaMichael James(166)

First, how's my team looking? 12 Team Standard Scoring QB-favored league(+0.5 pts per completion, -0.5 pts per incompletion)

Also exploring trade options with a team who's looking for a TE.

His Team:

QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Sidney Rice
RB: Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles,
TE: Jared Cook
WRT: Donald Brown

Bench: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Amendola, Philip Rivers, Toby Gerhart, Isaiah Pead.

I was thinking of offering Brandon Pettigrew, Vincent Jackson, and Cedric Benson for his Jared Cook, Antonio Brown, and BenJarvus Green Ellis/Donald Brown(one or the other).

Should I send the trade request or wait until some football is actually played? If yes, should I go for Donald Brown or BJGE?
Your runningbacks should be solid in that they will get a lot of carries. The only thing that worries me is the lack of touchdowns that Steven Jackson gets and that the Cleveland Browns get. If those two guys can find the endzone, you'll be fine. I don't like your receivers very much. Colston and Jackson in theory should be very good, but I don't like how many options the Saints have and how much Brees trusts Graham. I also don't like the Bucs offense very much, but who knows they may surprise me this year. Your two tight ends are both solid.

I would do that trade. Go for BJGE over Brown. I like Antonio Brown a lot this year, especially with Mike Wallace's holdout. That will definitely upgrade you at receiver and I think BJGE is a slight upgrade over Benson as well.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1170
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Who should i drop for a kicker?

Mendenhall
Malcolm Floyd
Amendola
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: