Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #1171
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Who should i drop for a kicker?

Mendenhall
Malcolm Floyd
Amendola
definitely not Floyd as Rivers top WR.

Mendenhall or Amendola depending on what your roster looks like
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1172
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
definitely not Floyd as Rivers top WR.

Mendenhall or Amendola depending on what your roster looks like
I agree with this. If your runningback situation is fine, you can get rid of Mendy, but if your receiver situation is fine, get rid of Amendola.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #1173
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

I need one more team at least to join a yahoo default league. We have 9 teams would prefer one more. Draft is in 30 mins.

It's not ultra competitive league, some are first timers, such as myself but should still be fun.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #1174
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would go Mendy over Amendola. As others have said, Floyd shouldn't even be in the discussion. He is a No. 1 receiver for a capable (albeit possibly injured) elite quarterback.

Mendy is a guy that was a late-1st early-2nd round pick last season and, while he maybe didn't live up to that billing, he did put up 1,000+ yards and 9 touchdowns. When the Steelers chose not to put him on the PUP list, he instantly became a guy I targeted in every one of my fantasy leagues.

To me, a possible solid RB2 is worth a 4-5 week stash. If he is still a better player than Redman upon his return (which I would say is relatively likely), you will rue the day that you went with Amendola over him.

Think long-term.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #1175
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

This is my team:

QB: Romo
RB: McFadden
RB: Mathews
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
Flex: Steven Jackson/Decker
TE: Dustin Keller
K: Match up
DEF: Match up

Bench:

Eric Decker
Ridley
Kenny Britt
Redman
Mendenhall
Malcolm Floyd
Danny Amedonla
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #1176
arkain
Local High School Star

Some advice on if I should pick up one of these from the waivers:

Cedric Benson
Michael Bush
Kenny Britt
Isaac Redman
Malcom Floyd
Mark Ingram
Rashard Mendenhall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My team - (9-team league, default Yahoo)

QB - Matt Stafford
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Demaryius Thomas
TE - Jacob Tamme
Flex - Darren Sproles

K - Dan Carpenter
D - Detroit

BN - Dez Bryant
BN - BenJarvus Green-Ellish
BN - Vincent Jackson
BN - Shonn Greene
BN - C.J. Spiller
BN - Robert Meachem

-------------------------------------------------

Do I need to upgrade somewhere?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1177
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I would go Mendy over Amendola. As others have said, Floyd shouldn't even be in the discussion. He is a No. 1 receiver for a capable (albeit possibly injured) elite quarterback.

Mendy is a guy that was a late-1st early-2nd round pick last season and, while he maybe didn't live up to that billing, he did put up 1,000+ yards and 9 touchdowns. When the Steelers chose not to put him on the PUP list, he instantly became a guy I targeted in every one of my fantasy leagues.

To me, a possible solid RB2 is worth a 4-5 week stash. If he is still a better player than Redman upon his return (which I would say is relatively likely), you will rue the day that you went with Amendola over him.

Think long-term.

I don't think Mendenhall is a good stash at all in your heavy restrictions leagues. If Week 5 is the optimistic return date, we're probably talking Week 7 before he can carry a full load, and that's if he gets one. Redman/Dwyer will have lots of times to shoehorn themselves into a committee. Mendenhall's no stud here, he was a slightly above average player at best before the injury. His fantasy value was purely based on volume which there's no guarantee of this year. For a normal league, fine, stash him and pray for RB2 value down the road.

But in your 4 RB only league, you're going to really hurt yourself passing on all the hot pickups to hold on to a zero for 5-7 weeks, and you're going to have byes and injuries on your team to deal with. No way I'd handicap myself like that unless the player in question was an elite RB1.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #1178
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I would drop Meachem for Britt. Even if Meachem hits his ceiling (unlikely) he's not going to be much more than replacement level in a 9 team league where you only start 2-3 WR's. Britt has top 10 potential. Also I like Tamme but not super sold on him as your lone TE. I'd look to see if Greg Olsen is on the wire.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #1179
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I don't think Mendenhall is a good stash at all in your heavy restrictions leagues. If Week 5 is the optimistic return date, we're probably talking Week 7 before he can carry a full load, and that's if he gets one. Redman/Dwyer will have lots of times to shoehorn themselves into a committee. Mendenhall's no stud here, he was a slightly above average player at best before the injury. His fantasy value was purely based on volume which there's no guarantee of this year. For a normal league, fine, stash him and pray for RB2 value down the road.

But in your 4 RB only league, you're going to really hurt yourself passing on all the hot pickups to hold on to a zero for 5-7 weeks, and you're going to have byes and injuries on your team to deal with. No way I'd handicap myself like that unless the player in question was an elite RB1.
So you are saying drop mendenhall instead of amendola?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #1180
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Since everyone else is doing it. Standard scoring in ESPN 12-man league.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Michael Turner
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Tony Gonzalez
D/ST: Blah blah blah
K: Alex Henery

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Rashard Mendenhall, Rashad Jennings
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Laurent Robinson

I kind of scared myself into taking Stafford early. I'm just a bit worried with all the young/rookie and mediocre QBs that it felt almost like a crapshoot to wait for a QB. I kind of regretted it right after making the pick, but I felt the pool of RBs and WRs was deep enough.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #1181
arkain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I would drop Meachem for Britt. Even if Meachem hits his ceiling (unlikely) he's not going to be much more than replacement level in a 9 team league where you only start 2-3 WR's. Britt has top 10 potential. Also I like Tamme but not super sold on him as your lone TE. I'd look to see if Greg Olsen is on the wire.

Thanks, will pick up Britt.

Is Benson worth adding? Not sure if he's better than any of my RBs?

I waited too long to draft a tight-end, there was always so much value available I didn't want to draft a TE and when I was about to like 3 went right before me. Is Tony Gonzalez an upgrade on Tamme? Olsen isn't available.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #1182
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Since everyone else is doing it. Standard scoring in ESPN 12-man league.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Michael Turner
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Tony Gonzalez
D/ST: Blah blah blah
K: Alex Henery

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Rashard Mendenhall, Rashad Jennings
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Laurent Robinson

I kind of scared myself into taking Stafford early. I'm just a bit worried with all the young/rookie and mediocre QBs that it felt almost like a crapshoot to wait for a QB. I kind of regretted it right after making the pick, but I felt the pool of RBs and WRs was deep enough.
Can't blame you for wanting to get a qb early as there is a huge drop off from the top four. Your runningbacks are pretty old, but you should get some decent production out of them. Although, I don't like your depth very much as DeAngelo is on a team with three solid rushers, Mendenhall is out five or six weeks, and Jennings will only see a good amount of carries the first couple of games. Your receivers, on the other hand are very good. Maclin, Wayne, and Robinson are great bench players and I think Maclin is due for a breakout year. Tony G should be decent enough at tight end as well.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #1183
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
So you are saying drop mendenhall instead of amendola?

I'd keep Amendola if it's a full PPR league. In half or standard, I'd stick with Mendenhall. I don't love it, but worth a stash if you have plenty of roster spots.

Quote:
Thanks, will pick up Britt.

Is Benson worth adding? Not sure if he's better than any of my RBs?

I waited too long to draft a tight-end, there was always so much value available I didn't want to draft a TE and when I was about to like 3 went right before me. Is Tony Gonzalez an upgrade on Tamme? Olsen isn't available.

Not really on Benson, think he could be an upgrade on Greene but I'd wait an see. I'd wait and see how Tamme does also, you can get a Tony G off the wire anytime in a 9 teamer. I think the verdict on how much Tamme will be used will come in pretty early and you'll be able to go from there.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #1184
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

Now, here's the part that you don't know and which I should have explained... If a player is ruled out for play, you can put him on an "IR" setting and pick up a temporary replacement.

So, while there are heavy restrictions, there are rules in place to help you deal with injuries to important players. In this instance, I sort of juked the system by picking a player that was already hurt, but the rule still applies. As long as Mendy is ruled out, I can fill his roster spot and still keep him.

Btw, I disagree in general about Mendy's ability. He has been running behind an awful offensive line for the last couple of years, but still producing. I was also present at the AFC Championship Game against the Jets a couple of years ago and he was the best player on the field.

He's run for 2,100+ yards and 22 touchdowns the last two years. Not too shabby for a slightly above average back.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-02-2012 at 11:51 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #1185
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Now, here the part that you don't know and which I should have explained... If a player is ruled out for play, you can put him on an "IR" setting and pick up a temporary replacement.

So, while there are heavy restrictions, there are rules in place to help you deal with injuries to important players. In this instance, I sort of juked the system by picking a player that was already hurt, but the rule still applies. As long as Mendy is ruled out, I can fill his roster spot and still keep him.

So you can keep him on IR, as long as he's inactive? In that case, I have to apologize as it's a pretty good move, since you basically get to stash a late round flier for free.

Quote:
Btw, I disagree in general about Mendy's ability. He has been running behind an awful offensive line for the last couple of years, but still producing. I was also present at the AFC Championship Game against the Jets a couple of years ago and he was the best player on the field.

He's run for 2,100+ yards and 22 touchdowns the last two years. Not too shabby for a slightly above average back.

I shouldn't have tossed out that ambiguous phrase. Just to clarify, I meant that he's a guy I'd never consider as a Top 10 NFL starter, but probably in the Top 15. A guy I'd be happy enough to have as a starter, but wouldn't rule out upgrading. And now he's coming off a major injury.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: