Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #106
raid09
Local High School Star

Default Re: Fantasy News/Advice/Sitem-Startem/ETC.

I have my first round RBs ranked:
1-5. Peterson, Foster, Rice, Charles, Johnson (in some order depending on CJs status at draft)
6. McCoy
7. Mendenhall
8. McFadden
9. Jones-Drew
10. Turner

Where would you guys take Andre Johnson? I'm thinking definitely before Turner and possibly MJD, not so sure about McFadden.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #107
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

why are you so down on Turner?

That guy still has a lot of milage to burn and he is a f*ckin Tank that forces tons of TDs...

I could see MJD being placed ahead of him if you aren't worried about his injury, but not McFadden...he hasn't proved to be as sure as Turner

go look at Turner's numbers again...think you need to be refreshed

Turner is also on an offense that sees the goaline a lot...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #108
raid09
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
why are you so down on Turner?

That guy still has a lot of milage to burn and he is a f*ckin Tank that forces tons of TDs...

I could see MJD being placed ahead of him if you aren't worried about his injury, but not McFadden...he hasn't proved to be as sure as Turner

go look at Turner's numbers again...think you need to be refreshed

Turner is also on an offense that sees the goaline a lot...

Seen his numbers plenty.

.5 PPR factors in a little. But, Turner is turning 30 next season, the same age LT hit a sharp decline. Also, he struggled to put up numbers even with the carries for the last three games of last season.

Check the location, of course I'm a little bias towards McFadden. It's not like Turner doesn't have some red flags though.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #109
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I want Marlo's money
COME AND GET IT

lets chatzy u have the link?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #110
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Seen his numbers plenty.

.5 PPR factors in a little. But, Turner is turning 30 next season, the same age LT hit a sharp decline. Also, he struggled to put up numbers even with the carries for the last three games of last season.

Check the location, of course I'm a little bias towards McFadden. It's not like Turner doesn't have some red flags though.
Turner doesn't have the mileage that LT had a 30
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #111
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I'm going to start posting my teams that I have drafted now that our ISH Money League has completed its draft. I didn't want to completely give away some of my gameplans, so I figured I would wait... (unfortunately, picking at No. 10 pretty much killed any chance of getting some of these targets).

Here is the money league ($200 buy-in) that I drafted on Sunday. I had the No. 6 overall pick.

QB: Josh Freeman
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Steve Johnson
Flex: Fred Jackson
TE: Jason Witten
K: Neil Rackers
DEF: Saints

BN: Kevin Kolb
BN: Plaxico Burrress
BN: Mike Sims-Walker
BN: LaDanian Tomlinson
BN: Ben Tate
BN: Rob Gronkowski
BN: Rams D
BN: Jason Hanson

This is a 12-man full PPR league. There are roster restrictions... Each team MUST have 2 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 DEFs (total of 20 roster spots).

There are also bonus points given for 100+ yards receiving/rushing, 300+ yards passing, etc.

Thoughts?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #112
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
I have my first round RBs ranked:
1-5. Peterson, Foster, Rice, Charles, Johnson (in some order depending on CJs status at draft)
6. McCoy
7. Mendenhall
8. McFadden
9. Jones-Drew
10. Turner

Where would you guys take Andre Johnson? I'm thinking definitely before Turner and possibly MJD, not so sure about McFadden.
When I was picking at No. 10 last night, DMC was my No. 1 target in the first round... Ahead of Turner and MJD. I think he is completely capable of being the best back in the NFL. Yeah, I said it.

If the Raiders had a threat of a passing game, he would be a sure-fire Top 5 pick.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #113
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

LOL you're delusional if you rate Michael Turner above someone like Darren McFadden, especially in PPR leagues. Michael Turner is a sexy name but hardly a fantasy stud at this point in his career. He offers zero production in the way of pass catching. That alone puts him at a huge disadvantage. His ypc last year was 4.1 that is not going to magically improve as he gets older, he's on the wrong side of 30. Check his game log from last year he was almost ineffective by stout run defenses. He's still a good bet for double digit touchdowns but best case scenario (and an unlikely one) he replicates last seasons numbers. The guy has literally zero upside and anyone clued in is avoiding him.

I literally would rather have close to 12-14 RBs over him:

CJ2k, AD, Rice, Foster, Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Forte, Mendenhall, SJAX, Gore, McFadden, MJD, Felix Jones, Blount... maybe even more.

But I don't know anything about Fantasy Football right PT?

He finished top 10 in a PPR league once and that was 4 years ago.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #114
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

No offense Primetime but thinking Turner was a steal at 6 and 8 is laughable.

He literally offers NOTHING in the way of pass catching. Even guys like AD who don't catch a ton of balls still manage like 40-50 by years end. Turner will be lucky to catch more then 10 balls.

The only way he will prove to be a steal is A) if he is a top 5 RB (since you took him as the 7th RB), if he finishes as the 7th RB that means you got what you draft and doesn't qualify as a steal.

Do I need to remind you he's finished top ten in PPR leagues one time and is 30 years old. And aside from a few decent games really struggled last year and put up a career low YPC.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #115
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
When I was picking at No. 10 last night, DMC was my No. 1 target in the first round... Ahead of Turner and MJD. I think he is completely capable of being the best back in the NFL. Yeah, I said it.

If the Raiders had a threat of a passing game, he would be a sure-fire Top 5 pick.

He seems a bit too risky for me. Maybe it's just because I don't trust players on the Raiders.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 AM   #116
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad

He literally offers NOTHING in the way of pass catching. Even guys like AD who don't catch a ton of balls still manage like 40-50 by years end. Turner will be lucky to catch more then 10 balls.

The only way he will prove to be a steal is A) if he is a top 5 RB (since you took him as the 7th RB), if he finishes as the 7th RB that means you got what you draft and doesn't qualify as a steal.

Do I need to remind you he's finished top ten in PPR leagues one time and is 30 years old. And aside from a few decent games really struggled last year and put up a career low YPC.

definitely agree about turner. if the money league was not .5 ppr i might have taken mendy but the 6th best back is mccoy easily and turner is 8th-9th at the very best.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #117
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

I'm with you on Turner. The only thing I disagree with everything you've written is the pick thing. Just because a guy doesn't finish where you pick him doesn't mean he didn't fulfill his value at the draft position especially in football.

Everything else is basically spot on though. Turner anywhere in the top 10-12 isn't really much of a steal. This dude has put on a ton of tough mileage the past few seasons. He doesn't play any role in the passing game (in a full PPR league, I'd even say he's barely a top 20 RB). He is a TD machine, but can you really predict any players to score 20x, or even 15x, in a particular season anymore?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #118
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I'm with you on Turner. The only thing I disagree with everything you've written is the pick thing. Just because a guy doesn't finish where you pick him doesn't mean he didn't fulfill his value at the draft position especially in football.

Everything else is basically spot on though. Turner anywhere in the top 10-12 isn't really much of a steal. This dude has put on a ton of tough mileage the past few seasons. He doesn't play any role in the passing game (in a full PPR league, I'd even say he's barely a top 20 RB). He is a TD machine, but can you really predict any players to score 20x, or even 15x, in a particular season anymore?
Primetime claimed he was a steal @ pick 8, I was attempting to illustrate how a player is actually deemed a steal based on where he is taken. In order for him to be a steal he'd have to outplay his draft position.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #119
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Primetime claimed he was a steal @ pick 8, I was attempting to illustrate how a player is actually deemed a steal based on where he is taken. In order for him to be a steal he'd have to outplay his draft position.

I agreed with that part of it. I disagreed with the general statement that Turner needs to be at least the 7th best RB at the end of the year to match his value being picked at that spot.

Can you chatzy?

Last edited by tian820 : 08-25-2011 at 05:59 AM.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #120
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm going to start posting my teams that I have drafted now that our ISH Money League has completed its draft. I didn't want to completely give away some of my gameplans, so I figured I would wait... (unfortunately, picking at No. 10 pretty much killed any chance of getting some of these targets).

Here is the money league ($200 buy-in) that I drafted on Sunday. I had the No. 6 overall pick.

QB: Josh Freeman
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Steve Johnson
Flex: Fred Jackson
TE: Jason Witten
K: Neil Rackers
DEF: Saints

BN: Kevin Kolb
BN: Plaxico Burrress
BN: Mike Sims-Walker
BN: LaDanian Tomlinson
BN: Ben Tate
BN: Rob Gronkowski
BN: Rams D
BN: Jason Hanson

This is a 12-man full PPR league. There are roster restrictions... Each team MUST have 2 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 DEFs (total of 20 roster spots).

There are also bonus points given for 100+ yards receiving/rushing, 300+ yards passing, etc.

Thoughts?

I would definitely started Gronk over Witten as good as Witten is. Gronk has been without a doubt the best player in our camp and we all know how much Brady LOVES to throw to tight ends. Expect a huge year for him.

First time I've ever heard any NE coach describe a player during camp as being a "beast". They just do not say shit like that ever. For anyone.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: