Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #1186
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Tell me what you think.

ESPN league, only difference is QB's get 6 pts for TD and -1 for a sack. Besides that, everything is standard. .5 PPR by the way. Had the 8th pick in a 10-team league.

QB- Eli
RB- MJD
RB- Greene
WR- Calvin
WR- Nicks
TE- Gates
FLEX- Stevie Johnson
DEF- PIT
K- Carpenter

BN- Cutler
BN- Beanie Wells
BN- Mendenhall
BN- R. Moss
BN- Holmes
BN- Wayne

I love my WR depth. If Calvin falls to the Madden curse (I might actually try to trade him lol) then I like that I have Nicks who is a main target that can be a WR1. I hate my RB situation. I took MJD in the 2nd and unfortunately my friend stole Jennings just out of spite. No other consistent options were there in Rounds 3 and 4 were there except Lynch and Richardson but I just didn't trust them enough. I think Eli will put up big numbers again and I took flyers on Moss and Mendy. Beanie I'm hoping will finally be healthy and get most of the reps. I also lost out on Pettigrew and Fred Davis as my backup TE's cuz I know Gates probably won't play every game.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #1187
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

So I was told the wrong time for my 16 team league. Standard non-ppr scoring. I entered the draft in the 4th round and said screw it any strategy I had going in was not going to happen (computer auto-drafted 2 WRs for my first two picks) so I let the computer auto-draft everything else. I'm stuck with:

QB: Big Ben/Russell Wilson
WR: Fitz/Jennings/Collie/Breaston/Benn
RB: Ingram/Benjarvus/Tate/Hardesty/Pead
TE: Fleener
DEF: Bears
K: Prater

Fitz and Jennings have the same bye so I'm already chalking up that week as an automatic loss. Can anyone figure out any possible moves I can try to make?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #1188
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

I am drafting in about 20 minutes i have first pick. Its a ten team league QB touchdowns are 6 and its PPR. Do i go Rodgers or Foster?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #1189
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I am drafting in about 20 minutes i have first pick. Its a ten team league QB touchdowns are 6 and its PPR. Do i go Rodgers or Foster?
Quarterback touchdowns being 6 would probably push me to take Rodgers. You can't really go wrong with Rodgers, Rice, or Foster.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #1190
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Quarterback touchdowns being 6 would probably push me to take Rodgers. You can't really go wrong with Rodgers, Rice, or Foster.
I am so stumped right now. You also get 3 points for 300+ passing and 100+ rushing.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #1191
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I am so stumped right now. You also get 3 points for 300+ passing and 100+ rushing.
Foster has been injured more than Rodgers in their careers, so statistically speaking Rodgers is safe in that regard. Also, if you don't get a quarterback early enough then you will miss out on one of the top four, and there is a fairly large gap from four to five. Up to you though.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #1192
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Who'd you go with?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1193
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

my team (not ecstatic about it but i think i got a couple steals in there). first off, yahoo disconnected me in the 3rd round for a few seconds. i was gonna go with AD (first 3 picks all RB but i didn't care). instead, damn autopick gave me romo. wtf...how is romo even that high?

QB - Romo
RB - Foster
RB - MJD
WR - Bryant
WR - Garcon
TE - Hernandez
FLEX - Torrey Smith
DEF - Cincy
K - Kaeding

BN - David Wilson
BN - Luck
BN - Meachem
BN - Britt
BN - Amendola
BN - Rudolph

biggest steal to me was britt. i jumped at the chance to grab him in the 11th round. obviously he's had issues in the past but i couldn't pass up on that potential that late. there's an outside chance garcon and smith both finish in the top 15 WR but i'll be keeping an eye out on little and young in that regard as well.

i also love wilson's potential if bradshaw gets hurt (likely). meachem has a chance to emerge as SD's #1 WR as he develops more chemistry. rudolph is a good backup TE. anyway, what do you guys think? it was quite the crap shoot and i missed on some sleepers but i think i did okay overall considering.

bess is still available. should i grab him?
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1194
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Who'd you go with?
Went with Foster im nervous. Here is my team so far

Romo
Foster
Julio
Andre Johnson
Jordy Nelson
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #1195
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Went with Foster im nervous. Here is my team so far

Romo
Foster
Julio
Andre Johnson
Jordy Nelson
Damn those receivers are dirty. If you can snag a solid second runningback, your team is going to be very good.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1196
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
my team (not ecstatic about it but i think i got a couple steals in there). first off, yahoo disconnected me in the 3rd round for a few seconds. i was gonna go with AD (first 3 picks all RB but i didn't care). instead, damn autopick gave me romo. wtf...how is romo even that high?

QB - Romo
RB - Foster
RB - MJD
WR - Bryant
WR - Garcon
TE - Hernandez
FLEX - Torrey Smith
DEF - Cincy
K - Kaeding

BN - David Wilson
BN - Luck
BN - Meachem
BN - Britt
BN - Amendola
BN - Rudolph

biggest steal to me was britt. i jumped at the chance to grab him in the 11th round. obviously he's had issues in the past but i couldn't pass up on that potential that late. there's an outside chance garcon and smith both finish in the top 15 WR but i'll be keeping an eye out on little and young in that regard as well.

i also love wilson's potential if bradshaw gets hurt (likely). meachem has a chance to emerge as SD's #1 WR as he develops more chemistry. rudolph is a good backup TE. anyway, what do you guys think? it was quite the crap shoot and i missed on some sleepers but i think i did okay overall considering.

bess is still available. should i grab him?
If you were to get Bess, you should drop Rudolph or Luck. Don't think it would help you too much, but it all depends on how much you like Bess.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #1197
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
If you were to get Bess, you should drop Rudolph or Luck. Don't think it would help you too much, but it all depends on how much you like Bess.

maybe rudolph. i like luck too much to drop him. he might even outplay romo eventually. man, i'm still salty over that romo pick though. he was probably going to be there two rounds later

anyway, i feel like this is a bit more of a high risk/high reward team, especially when it comes to the wideouts. garcon and smith have huge upside, but their hands are suspect. hopefully RGIII gives garcon some consistency and he can catch those long bombs. if he can do that, he's absolutely worth the pick there. i think it's obvious my top end WR depth is the biggest problem. mostly potential and not a lot of safe, proven picks. if it all comes together, i really like my chances to win and i think taking a couple chances outside the 'safe' picks is what wins championships. this is the first year where i really threw yahoo's rankings almost to the wayside. i guess we'll see how wise that is in a couple months, lol

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-04-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1198
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Damn those receivers are dirty. If you can snag a solid second runningback, your team is going to be very good.
Had to go with BGE who i kinda like this year
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #1199
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
maybe rudolph. i like luck too much to drop him. he might even outplay romo eventually. man, i'm still salty over that romo pick though. he was probably going to be there two rounds later

anyway, i feel like this is a bit more of a high risk/high reward team, especially when it comes to the wideouts
Yeah Romo getting autodrafted in the third was a big kick in the balls.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #1200
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Yeah Romo getting autodrafted in the third was a big kick in the balls.

it was definitely not one of my better drafts for that reason. coulda had AD, johnson, white, marshall, harvin, lloyd, jennings, f-jax, wallace at that spot. oh well....

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-04-2012 at 01:31 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: