Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #1246
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Kevin Smith is banged up...he won't get many carries I don't think

Titus Young is the clear second option now...he had 6 TDs last year, ALL 6 came in the second half of the season...
Kevin Smith is not banged up. He practiced in full all week and isn't even listed on the injury report.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1247
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Kevin Smith is not banged up. He practiced in full all week and isn't even listed on the injury report.
I see it says he is clear to play but I'm not sure he is 100%
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #1248
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Based on what? He tweaked his ankle August 23rd and was back as a full participant in practice a few days later.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1249
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He is healthy right now. Don't expect him to last too long though.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #1250
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Based on what? He tweaked his ankle August 23rd and was back as a full participant in practice a few days later.
based on the fact he was a question until now...

They are super thin at RB, so I am sure they would be more than happy to play him at 50%...

I might be wrong, maybe he is better than he has ever been, but I bet he will be playing with a shot
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1251
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

He hasn't been the most durable guy in the past. Do I expect him to play 16? No.

On the other hand he has been very productive when he does play. Last year in the final 6 games he contributed low end RB1 numbers. The Lions offense is extremely RB friendly (you saw it with Best as well). Smith is also a very adept pass catcher and similar to the Eagles and Pats they use little dump offs/screens a lot.

As far as RBs available in that 60-75 ADP he offers as much value/upside as anyone. Only other guys I like as much are Ridley/Mcgahee (in that tier). He will have a big week vs a terrible Rams rush D..

Isnt this conversation about Garcon vs Titus
Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #1252
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

IF Foster is out, should I put in Tate as a starting RB ahead of Sproles? I'd put him flex, but I used it on Miles Austin and Murray is my other RB I played.

It is a .5 PPR league, but also .25 points per carry as well. Screwed up scoring I know.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #1253
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
IF Foster is out, should I put in Tate as a starting RB ahead of Sproles? I'd put him flex, but I used it on Miles Austin and Murray is my other RB I played.

It is a .5 PPR league, but also .25 points per carry as well. Screwed up scoring I know.
Strange .25 points per carry? Interesting.

It's a toss up, Sproles has the higher floor, Tate has the higher ceiling (if starting)..

Since Austin already did well for you, I'd probably roll out Sproles.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #1254
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Rams did make huge upgrades to their secondary though in Jenkins and Finnegan

that D might be a lot better than last year...
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #1255
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

For future reference, don't use an early player in the flex position. You want to keep that open as long as possible so you have multiple positions to choose a replacement from in case something goes wrong with one of your starters.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #1256
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Rams did make huge upgrades to their secondary though in Jenkins and Finnegan

that D might be a lot better than last year...
I agree their pass D will be much improved. Their run D will be putrid and losing arguably their best run defender (Brockers) won't help.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #1257
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hate to say it but I think McGahee has a really good game Sunday. Steelers rush d will not be as stout this year and Harrison being hurt means the Broncos will pick on Carter.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #1258
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Should i drop Keller for Cook?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #1259
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Should i drop Keller for Cook?

I don't trust anyone on the Jets O.

I would.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #1260
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I don't trust anyone on the Jets O.

I would.
On top of that hes hurt
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: