Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #1261
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

flex spot:
donald brown @ CHI or
rashad jennings @ MIN or
justin blackmon @ MIN?

Im leaning toward Brown over Jennings since he's not gonna really split any carries..
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #1262
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
flex spot:
donald brown @ CHI or
rashad jennings @ MIN or
justin blackmon @ MIN?

Im leaning toward Brown over Jennings since he's not gonna really split any carries..

I'm starting Blackmon this week as a flex. He's been switched from questionable to probable on my FF site so I'm on board for what he's going to bring to the Jags. Vikings had one of the worst secondaries last year and I don't know how set I'd be with Brown at Soldier Field. Could get rough for them.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #1263
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

PPR full point

Start 2

Tate
McGahee
Harvin

(if foster is out. I'm playing vs. Foster and have Tate so that would be HUGE)
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #1264
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
PPR full point

Start 2

Tate
McGahee
Harvin

(if foster is out. I'm playing vs. Foster and have Tate so that would be HUGE)

Harvin and Tate if Foster is out. McGahee should have a good game too but Tate has a more favorable matchup. I think Percy should basically be locked in as a starter every week this year in all formats.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #1265
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
flex spot:
donald brown @ CHI or
rashad jennings @ MIN or
justin blackmon @ MIN?

Is it a standard format? If so I'd definitely roll out Jennings. MJD is not going to play a lot of snaps week 1. As far as Brown is concerned he's not that good to begin with, playing a good defense, and his value comes in PPR where he's a fluid receiver and will likely catch a handful of passes.

In PPR Blackmon is a good bet for 5-7 catches and he is the play.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #1266
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Flex - Hillis or Spiller?
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #1267
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Flex - Hillis or Spiller?
standard? hillis..

ppr still hillis but spiller is better in that format
Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1268
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marlo - who would you start between Hillis/BJGE/Mike Bush this week?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1269
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
standard? hillis..

ppr still hillis but spiller is better in that format

Sorry yeah, it's PPR. I was leaning towards Hillis as well. Thanks.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1270
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Well Hillis is playing the Falcons, right? The Falcons were one of the best teams in the NFL at stopping the run last season if I remember correctly.

The Jets have a great defense too but their rush defense is not on par with their secondary. I think its worth noting Spiller has the better match-up.

The next aspect to take in to consideration would probably be # of attempts which I think Hillis will get more of than Spiller. I think it will also be a significant amount more too.

Finally we have the ability part. At the best part of both of their careers Hillis is the choice no brainer but he's been banged up recently and hasn't been his old self.

Spiller on the other hand started to come on strong when Jackson went down last season and started to prove his worth.

It's a tough choice but at the end of the day I'd go with Hillis because the Chiefs seem to have the better offensive line.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #1271
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Marlo - who would you start between Hillis/BJGE/Mike Bush this week?
I like hillis and bush the most . I think theres a great chance Bush scores vs a putrid Indy rush defense. Hillis should have a shot at scoring as well but i could see KC playing catch up and possibly abandoning the run. Its really a toss up as Hillis should see more work but Bush's match up is tasty. Id lean Bush but Hillis has more upside.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #1272
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Also a lot comes down to how you view your flex. For instance if I have lots of favorable match ups and my opponent has more difficult match ups, I'll often go the safer route in this case Bush. In the event I expect it to be close or my opponent is the favorite on paper, I'm more inclined to roll the dice with Hillis.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #1273
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Also a lot comes down to how you view your flex. For instance if I have lots of favorable match ups and my opponent has more difficult match ups, I'll often go the safer route in this case Bush. In the event I expect it to be close or my opponent is the favorite on paper, I'm more inclined to roll the dice with Hillis.

Good point. I might end up just making it a coin toss and letting fate decide lol.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #1274
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Should i drop Keller for Cook?
bump
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #1275
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
bump

I def would drop Keller for Cook.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: