Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #1306
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Dropping Jon Baldwin in one league, is McCluster a legit pickup? Him and Stephen Hill are the best available considering week one play.

Also followed Marlo's advice and picked up Zuerlein for yesterday's games. Worked out pretty nicely.
McCluster is a flier in PPR leagues where you start 3 WRs.

Hill is a nice flier but should be very inconsistent.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #1307
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
If you havent picked up alfred morris. do so now
Trust me don't get excited with Shanaham. Next week it not shock me of Morris had two carries.

About Spiller, the guy has played like a low end RB1-high end RB2 when Fred is out. I would lol at that Sidney rice offer. I would also start him over that bum Chris Johnson
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #1308
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who would you rather have on your roster Kevin Ogletree or Stephen Hill?

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #1309
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Ogletree. He looks better, he has a better QB throwing to him, he doesn't have a coach who would stop passing if he could or the threat of Tebow becoming his QB, and the two receivers ahead of him are a headcase and injury prone respectively.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1310
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

So in one league I have Matt Ryan as my starting QB and absolutely love him as my starter for this season.

But I snagged RGIII in the later rounds as a possible trade chip if he worked out.

Well RGIII worked out and I am sorely lacking a WR. (Lloyd and Bowe)

Should I hold onto to RGIII hoping someones QB gets hurt and try and maximize trade value if RGIII contiues doing well or go for a trade right away?

One guy in my league has Andrew Luck and Roethlesberger. I'm thinking I could offer him RGIII and get some WRs in return.

His WRs are Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Santonio Homes, Danny Amendola and Randy Moss.

I was thinking of trying to get both Wayne and Welker. What should I offer?

My team is

Matt Ryan
McFadden
Forte
Spiller
Lloyd
Bowe
Pettigrew
Cundiff
Eagles

F. Jackson
Britt
Donald Brown
R. Jennings
RGIII
Ed Dickson

So obviously RGIII is a apart of the deal. Who else could I add to make him accept a trade for Welker and Wayne without giving up too much value?
Bano114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #1311
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Trust me don't get excited with Shanaham. Next week it not shock me of Morris had two carries.

About Spiller, the guy has played like a low end RB1-high end RB2 when Fred is out. I would lol at that Sidney rice offer. I would also start him over that bum Chris Johnson

Shanahan backs has always kinda well in his protection schemes but the reason is that he is not injured as much as Helu and Royster. Thats the reason why you should pick him up if you havent.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #1312
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Shanahan backs has always kinda well in his protection schemes but the reason is that he is not injured as much as Helu and Royster. Thats the reason why you should pick him up if you havent.
If he was a free agent in my league I would. I'm just saying owners should not be surprised if he disappears by week 5.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #1313
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

How is Roddy White projected to do the rest of the season? I think its pretty clear that Julio is going to be the go-to receiver, but Roddy still only had 1 less target. Think he'll be able to put up WR1 numbers? Looking back at the draft results of my money league I'm feeling pretty dumb for taking him ahead of Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Nicks, etc.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #1314
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Quote:
How is Roddy White projected to do the rest of the season? I think its pretty clear that Julio is going to be the go-to receiver, but Roddy still only had 1 less target. Think he'll be able to put up WR1 numbers? Looking back at the draft results of my money league I'm feeling pretty dumb for taking him ahead of Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Nicks, etc.
I think he could put up low-end WR1 numbers. I think Matt Ryan will have his best year this year so I could see Roddy still producing even though he is behind Julio. Of the three mentioned above, I would only take Marshall over him
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #1315
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Ogletree has a much better QB and the health of Miles/Dez makes him that much more intriguing.

Hill is definitely a nice young talent but Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow will struggle to get him the ball consistently. Also the Bills D was downright atrocious yesterday.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #1316
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Roddy White was/is definitely overrated coming into the past 2 fantasy seasons. I've outlined this in other threads but one important metric you want to look at is yards per target. The last two years he has been ranked outside of the top 30. What that tells us that a lot of his production stems from a high volume of targets. With the emergence of Julio and the offense being catered to him he will take a backseat in targets. He'll mostly operate in the middle of the field and run lots of intermediate routes. He's still something of a safety blanket for Ryan and one excellent possession receiver but is not the dynamic player he once was considered. He'll see a decrease in targets therefore his numbers will drop but should still place him as a high end WR2 or low end WR1 but I don't see him as a top 12 option, especially in standard leagues. He is far more valuable in the PPR format.

As for Andre and B-Marsh both guys are a near lock to finish top 6 barring health.

Edit: In fairness to Roddy he's extremely durable and much safer than a Nicks/Andre. He's always good for 5 for 60 and rarely ever throws up duds.

Last edited by Playmakers Dad : 09-10-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #1317
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Agreed^^^ only reason I said I'd take Roddy over Andre was health issues. If you told me Andre would play every game? I'd take Andre. Not a fan of Nicks though.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #1318
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
So in one league I have Matt Ryan as my starting QB and absolutely love him as my starter for this season.

But I snagged RGIII in the later rounds as a possible trade chip if he worked out.

Well RGIII worked out and I am sorely lacking a WR. (Lloyd and Bowe)

Should I hold onto to RGIII hoping someones QB gets hurt and try and maximize trade value if RGIII contiues doing well or go for a trade right away?

One guy in my league has Andrew Luck and Roethlesberger. I'm thinking I could offer him RGIII and get some WRs in return.

His WRs are Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Santonio Homes, Danny Amendola and Randy Moss.

I was thinking of trying to get both Wayne and Welker. What should I offer?

My team is

Matt Ryan
McFadden
Forte
Spiller
Lloyd
Bowe
Pettigrew
Cundiff
Eagles

F. Jackson
Britt
Donald Brown
R. Jennings
RGIII
Ed Dickson

So obviously RGIII is a apart of the deal. Who else could I add to make him accept a trade for Welker and Wayne without giving up too much value?
Welker will be a dud so I'd avoid acquiring him. Reggie Wayne is a near lock for 100 catches and 1200 yards so I'd definitely target him before he has another big game and his price tag is that much higher.

Try RG3 for Wayne straight up, that sounds like a reasonable deal at this point in time.

If not, I'd consider adding Donald Brown. It's also a double edged sword because although RG3 looked great, he was playing against a very shaky defense that clearly wasn't prepared for a duel threat QB (props to Shanahan) and he played so recklessly that I'd be shocked if he played 16 games and remained healthy throughout the season.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #1319
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Agreed^^^ only reason I said I'd take Roddy over Andre was health issues. If you told me Andre would play every game? I'd take Andre. Not a fan of Nicks though.
I'm with you, those are legitimate concerns. Even B-Marsh who never get hurts is one slip up away from a lengthy suspension.

On a slightly unrelated note looks like Andre Johnson is poised for a big year, wish I hadn't slept on him..The writing was on the wall, every year he's struggled with injury he's usually put in close to a full season the next year. Of course he can still get hurt but the odds are definitely in favor of him playing 14 games and having a top 5 season.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #1320
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

Yea I remember early in the preseason Andrw tweaked or pulled his groin and I thought, here we go again and that scared me away. But he looked great week 1.

In other news Joe Haden got suspended four games which is a big blow to Cleveland. The next four games they play the Bengals, Bills, Ravens, and G-Men. All the number ones should do better than previously expected
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: