Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1321
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

The Torrey Smith era begins tonight.

Torrey Smith and Ridley were my two favorite players available after round 5 who have top 12 potential.

Ridley is off to a great start. I predict a monster game for Torrey, something like 5 for 120 and a TD.

If you can still get these guys cheap or their owners aren't fully clued in, run don't walk.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #1322
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
The Torrey Smith era begins tonight.

Torrey Smith and Ridley were my two favorite players available after round 5 who have top 12 potential.

Ridley is off to a great start. I predict a monster game for Torrey, something like 5 for 120 and a TD.

If you can still get these guys cheap or their owners aren't fully clued in, run don't walk.

Yeah, I have a feeling that McGahee trade is going to end up blowing up in my face but I had to get some kind of insurance in case Demarco gets hurt.

I've been saying Torrey is in line for around a 1200/10 season for a few weeks now tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #1323
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

was also a big fan of those guys. didn't get a chance to take ridley but i took smith at the top of the 7th round. i'm down 18 and he still has ravens D up so i'm probably gonna lose this week but hoping to see some stellar stuff from smith for the future
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #1324
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, I have a feeling that McGahee trade is going to end up blowing up in my face but I had to get some kind of insurance in case Demarco gets hurt.

I've been saying Torrey is in line for around a 1200/10 season for a few weeks now tho.
Well you were clued in before I was. I was late to the party on Torrey and showed even later on Ridley. In my last 6 drafts I own both Ridley and Torrey on every team and drafted them between rounds 5-7.

Now trading for Ridley is nearly impossible as you'll have to give up a kings ransom. Same will be said for Torrey after tonight.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #1325
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
was also a big fan of those guys. didn't get a chance to take ridley but i took smith at the top of the 7th round. i'm down 18 and he still has ravens D up so i'm probably gonna lose this week but hoping to see some stellar stuff from smith for the future
Bengals are downright atrocious offensively and their line is already decimated or you'd have a real shot. Torrey in like for a 18-25 point night.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #1326
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Also one thing I'd like to point out is Antonio Brown. While he's an excellent #2 WR in RL and will be very serviceable in fantasy circles he was being seriously overdrafted. I saw people taking him as early as the 3rd round and he quickly became a very sexy pick. While I still think he'll be good, the idea that he was going to come in and flirt with WR1 numbers is/was ridiculous. He's a possession WR that's mostly running intermediate routes and has no where near the upside of a lot of guys he was getting drafted over (Harvin, Nicks, Lloyd, Maclin, etc).

He's a guy I'd strongly consider selling (even though you're short selling) because he's still a sexy name and you can likely fetch a Ridley or a Torrey in return.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #1327
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Riding that CJ SPILLAH train.

I think he can take the job from F-Jax, he'll have a good 4 games to do it (5 counting the opener).
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #1328
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Spiller owners struck gold
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #1329
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I did decide to play Garcon over Titus btw

I'm being offered CJ Spiller for Garcon? Im pretty weak at RB. Should I do it?

PPR league
My team

Rivers | Locker
Foster | Ridley | Helu | Dwyer | Quiz
White | Green | Garcon | Titus | Collie (is he even worth hanging onto?)
Graham | Cook

I have waiver claims for Ogletree (Bess) and Morris (Thomas) but im #9 so I probably wont get either.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #1330
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BenJarvis Green or Ryan Matthews?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #1331
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
BenJarvis Green or Ryan Matthews?
trade?

Matthews easily.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1332
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
trade?

Matthews easily.

Yes trade and thanks thats what I thought.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #1333
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
I did decide to play Garcon over Titus btw

I'm being offered CJ Spiller for Garcon? Im pretty weak at RB. Should I do it?

PPR league
My team

Rivers | Locker
Foster | Ridley | Helu | Dwyer | Quiz
White | Green | Garcon | Titus | Collie (is he even worth hanging onto?)
Graham | Cook

I have waiver claims for Ogletree (Bess) and Morris (Thomas) but im #9 so I probably wont get either.

I would absolutely do that. Garcon's points this week came from an 80 yd touchdown. You cannot expect that at all every week. CJ Spiller should be really solid at least until Fjax is back (and maybe even after).
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #1334
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
I would absolutely do that. Garcon's points this week came from an 80 yd touchdown. You cannot expect that at all every week. CJ Spiller should be really solid at least until Fjax is back (and maybe even after).

Couldn't agree more. Spiller is a great PPR back. You won't regret this trade unless Spiller gets hurt.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #1335
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

disagree about the long TD part. garcon did that a few times last year and that was with a crappy o-line and orlovsky and painter being his main QB's. now he has a guy with a huge arm to deliver the ball.

garcon only played one quarter and had over 100 yards with a TD. RGIII targeted him four times in that quarter. i expect a fairly big year from him.

so i say it's closer. a PPR league makes me lean towards spiller. he's a borderline RB1 as long as f jax is out
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: