Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #1336
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

This is amazing. I got Torrey Smith and my opponent has got Boldin.
Both the last guys playing on our teams, and right now I'm 0.06 points in front. That last 4 yard reception got me back in the lead, wow.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #1337
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

hawkins leads bengals in receiving yards. law firm has more fantasy points than green and torrey smith. reason #2353 why people hate fantasy football.

but hey, if anything gave me pause around green it was his surrounding pieces. it's not uncommon for a QB to have a sophomore slump. that o-line is also faulty and bengals badly need to get a good WR2 to play next to their stud in green

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #1338
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Should I keep faith in Trent Richardson or try to trade him now before he becomes completely worthless? I mean, someone on that Browns team has to score points, right?... He and my TEs (Keller and Gresham) are the only positions I'm worried about right now.

I have some decent WR depth (Dez, Harvin, Wayne, Britt, Cobb) so I might be able to pair one + Richardson if needed.

Yah, not doing so great in the runningback area. I still have some hope for Ryan Williams no matter what piece of shit game he had in week 1. I think he breaks away from Wells and takes over the position in Arizona.

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 09-10-2012 at 09:54 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #1339
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
hawkins leads bengals in receiving yards. law firm has more fantasy points than green and torrey smith. reason #2353 why people hate fantasy football.

but hey, if anything gave me pause around green it was his surrounding pieces. it's not uncommon for a QB to have a sophomore slump. that o-line is also faulty and bengals badly need to get a good WR2 to play next to their stud in green
haha who hates fantasy football?

i agree bengals going to sputter a lot. aj green is andre johnson but in a worse offense and he's going to be seeing lots of attention.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #1340
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
haha who hates fantasy football?

i agree bengals going to sputter a lot. aj green is andre johnson but in a worse offense and he's going to be seeing lots of attention.

i sort of say it in jest. every year, fantasy football does things to piss me off...i say i'll take a break for a year. then i end up jumping back in
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #1341
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Should I keep faith in Trent Richardson or try to trade him now before he becomes completely worthless? I mean, someone on that Browns team has to score points, right?... He and my TEs (Keller and Gresham) are the only positions I'm worried about right now.

I have some decent WR depth (Dez, Harvin, Wayne, Britt, Cobb) so I might be able to pair one + Richardson if needed.

Yah, not doing so great in the runningback area. I still have some hope for Ryan Williams no matter what piece of shit game he had in week 1. I think he breaks away from Wells and takes over the position in Arizona.

I'm not a fan of Trent. See what you can get for him. His QB (and really the whole team) sucks. I watched the whole Brown-Eagle game and that O-Line couldn't open up shit for Trent. He has a brutal schedule as well
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #1342
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I'm not a fan of Trent. See what you can get for him. His QB (and really the whole team) sucks. I watched the whole Brown-Eagle game and that O-Line couldn't open up shit for Trent. He has a brutal schedule as well

agreed. i like trent as a player but he's just in a bad situation. kind of the same thing with luck really (though by season's end i think luck is really going to hit his stride).

IGACS, if you can somehow flip trent for doug martin, i'd do it. i'd go after ridley too but after such a monster week 1, the owner probably won't feel that. just don't trade him away for garbage...he's still a trade asset for you and he could end up surprising folks. get back a RB1 if you do trade him. maybe trade him for an unsuspecting MJD owner who doesn't realize his carries were limited in week 1? no idea, just trying to think of some buy low targets for you. a healthy forte/MJD duo would be flat out nasty with your WR corp

i agree with you on ryan williams. your team's a bit like mine...really thin at RB. just keep an eye out for em on the WW.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-11-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #1343
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bane has an OK reputation so far

Picking up Ogletree and Spiller if no one else claims them by the end of the day.
Also trying to trade away Fred Jackson. One is Jackson for Crabtree and the other is Jackson for Harvin. If any of them go through I should feel good right? I doubt they will happen though.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #1344
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
Picking up Ogletree and Spiller if no one else claims them by the end of the day.
Also trying to trade away Fred Jackson. One is Jackson for Crabtree and the other is Jackson for Harvin. If any of them go through I should feel good right? I doubt they will happen though.
Spiller went undrafted
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #1345
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Spiller went undrafted
No he was drafted but someone dropped him for Michael Bush
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #1346
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
General rule of thumb..Never sell low.

FJAX's value won't be any lower then it is right now. Why sell him for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not like you're getting much in return for him anyway.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #1347
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Also the timetable that is being circulated pertaining to FJAX's injury is bogus. It's total speculation and quite honestly irresponsible reporting. The Bills don't know how long Fred will be on the shelf for, this could be something that he comes back from in 1-2 weeks or potentially longer. At this point it's anyone's, so the smart thing to do is to wait, sit back, take a xanax, cry a few tears if you didn't handcuff Spiller but DO NOT trade him, unless you want pennies on the dollar.

He could be back in 2 games and become the rb1 that you thought you drafted and in return you're 3rd WR is Michael Crabtree. Think about it.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #1348
Bane

Thanks. That's some good advice, I did draft FJ thinking he would have a good season but I had some weird feeling about him ever since I set my line up. (Was thinking about starting Doug Martin over Jackson) and next thing you know he gets hurt and nobody knows how bad it is and with the way Spiller is playing if he keeps it up Fred might not get that many carries once he gets back. Tough one here.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #1349
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Thanks. That's some good advice, I did draft FJ thinking he would have a good season but I had some weird feeling about him ever since I set my line up. (Was thinking about starting Doug Martin over Jackson) and next thing you know he gets hurt and nobody knows how bad it is and with the way Spiller is playing if he keeps it up Fred might not get that many carries once he gets back. Tough one here.
I've learned that sometimes you have to listen to those weird feelings, they're right more than they're wrong.

I will tell you that if Fred does make it back (which I'm optimistic he will) he will still see a ton of work. He just got a huge contract and the Bills don't view Spiller as a guy who can handle a full workload. Plus in a perfect world they'd like to give both a high volume of touches and use Spiller a lot as a WR.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #1350
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Guys I'm sitting in favor of ALF (Alfred Morris) who gets a very juicy STL defense that allowed more points last year to RBs than any other team..Also mind you Kevin Smith just shredded them to the tune of 25 points.

Doug Martin
Shonn Greene
Michael Turner
Jamaal Charles
Demarco Murray
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: