Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #1351
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Guys I'm sitting in favor of ALF (Alfred Morris) who gets a very juicy STL defense that allowed more points last year to RBs than any other team..Also mind you Kevin Smith just shredded them to the tune of 25 points.

Doug Martin
Shonn Greene
Michael Turner
Jamaal Charles
Demarco Murray

what do you think of morris as a long term prospect? really intrigued but i hate shanny RBs. he's liable to flip a switch and change his mind on them at any time.

what's this list? just guys you like this week?
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #1352
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
what do you think of morris as a long term prospect? really intrigued but i hate shanny RBs. he's liable to flip a switch and change his mind on them at any time.

what's this list? just guys you like this week?
these are guys that id bench in favor of ALF.

as far as ALF's long term outlook its really hard to look past this week. STL is a horrible run defense and ALF should run wild.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #1353
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can see benching all of those you cited, Marlo, with the exception of Demarco. While he is going against an underrated Seattle defense, their greatest strength is in their secondary. They can be run on and Murray looked as good as any back in the league in Week 1. And, really, he's been a monster in pretty much every game he's played in during his brief NFL career.

I'm all for gambling with matchups and Morris looks to be a solid RB2 for at least the first part of this season (we'll see how things go after Week 8), but I wouldn't sit a stud like Demarco for him.

We'll see.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #1354
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I can see benching all of those you cited, Marlo, with the exception of Demarco. While he is going against an underrated Seattle defense, their greatest strength is in their secondary. They can be run on and Murray looked as good as any back in the league in Week 1. And, really, he's been a monster in pretty much every game he's played in during his brief NFL career.

I'm all for gambling with matchups and Morris looks to be a solid RB2 for at least the first part of this season (we'll see how things go after Week 8), but I wouldn't sit a stud like Demarco for him.

We'll see.
Fair point, Demarco I just have a hard time trusting due to the Cowboys inability to ineffective run the ball in the redzone. Demarco did have a monster game vs Seattle last year so it would not shock me if he had another big day, after all, he only needs one run to have a great day.

I do think Alfred will receive somewhere in the 20-25 carries vs a putrid STL Rams defense that gives up major points to opposing RBs. I think Alfred is close to a lock for a TD as almost any RB this week. He is a 3 yard plodder but he's healthy, moves the chains, and hangs on to the ball. I could see him having a mike anderson broncos impact.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #1355
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

QB: Stafford
RB1: CJ0k
RB2: Benjarvus Green Ellis
Flex: CJ Spiller
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: AJ Green
TE: Antonio Gates

Bench: Michael Bush, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Nate Burleson, Mike Williams, Phillip Rivers

I got offered the trade: Chris Johnson for Brandon Lloyd and Steven Jackson.

I thought CJ was in for a bounce back year, but his 0.4 ypc in week 1 really scared me. I'm highly considering this. What do you think ISH?
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #1356
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
QB: Stafford
RB1: CJ0k
RB2: Benjarvus Green Ellis
Flex: CJ Spiller
WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: AJ Green
TE: Antonio Gates

Bench: Michael Bush, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Nate Burleson, Mike Williams, Phillip Rivers

I got offered the trade: Chris Johnson for Brandon Lloyd and Steven Jackson.

I thought CJ was in for a bounce back year, but his 0.4 ypc in week 1 really scared me. I'm highly considering this. What do you think ISH?

CJ's value really couldn't be lower but i do think he's going to end up being a bust. you can probably slide spiller into your RB1 slot for the next month. so if you do the trade, that'd allow you to move jackson or lloyd into your flex. then you can try to trade spiller right before f jax comes back. just something to think about.

better ceiling = CJ
better floor = lloyd/jackson by a good margin
overall = leaning towards lloyd/jackson

CJ might be hard to move after another lackluster week. he's got the chargers next and the chargers did a nice job of containing DMC on the ground

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #1357
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
CJ's value really couldn't be lower but i do think he's going to end up being a bust. you can probably slide spiller into your RB1 slot for the next month. so if you do the trade, that'd allow you to move jackson or lloyd into your flex. then you can try to trade spiller right before f jax comes back. just something to think about.

better ceiling = CJ
better floor = lloyd/jackson by a good margin
overall = leaning towards lloyd/jackson

CJ might be hard to move after another lackluster week. he's got the chargers next and the chargers did a nice job of containing DMC on the ground

This is pretty much my thinking exactly. Sjax worries me with how few td's he will get, but I still like the safety of having him over Chris Johnson.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #1358
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Got offered my Demaryius Thomas/Ben Tate for Steve Smith. Thoughts? I like Tate if Foster goes down, but that's not something I want to bank on especially if I'm given a chance at Smith.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #1359
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Got offered my Demaryius Thomas/Ben Tate for Steve Smith. Thoughts? I like Tate if Foster goes down, but that's not something I want to bank on especially if I'm given a chance at Smith.
Absolutely not. That is an insulting offer. Thomas has a lot of potential this year, so Smith isn't a huge step up and Tate is the most valuable handcuff in the league.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #1360
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Absolutely not. That is an insulting offer. Thomas has a lot of potential this year, so Smith isn't a huge step up and Tate is the most valuable handcuff in the league.

I don't know if I'd go so far as insulting

I guess I just have concerns about how consistent Thomas' production will be, most of what I have read has everyone marking down Decker as the favorite to get most targets. I can see Thomas being hit or miss each week depending on if he gets that one big play. I'll probably pass though because as you said Tate does have some value even if it may not necessarily pan out.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #1361
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I guess I just have concerns about how consistent Thomas' production will be, most of what I have read has everyone marking down Decker as the favorite to get most targets. I can see Thomas being hit or miss each week depending on if he gets that one big play. I'll probably pass though because as you said Tate does have some value even if it may not necessarily pan out.
I think Thomas will emerge as Peyton's number one guy. Right now he is a big play guy, but that bang or bust is going to turn into all bang pretty soon.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #1362
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:

I personally prefer the Steve Smith side. He's is a proven commodity and being slept on because he's well, been slept on his entire career. He finished as a top 6 WR last year and I see nothing to suggest he won't this year as well. While Thomas is a great talent and has an awesome QB throwing to him I still don't see him offering the consistency that Steve Smith does. Tate is worth more to the Tate owner then to anyone else. He's a nice flex vs soft match ups but that's where the buck stops.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #1363
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love Thomas this year (as evidenced by my owning him in every league) and I believe he will easily outperform Steve Smith over the course of the season.

If you don't want to be in on Thomas for the long haul, wait another few weeks when you will be able to do much better than Steve Smith.

Understand that he and Manning are still getting in sync with one another. And, Peyton is no dummy... He knows what kind of talent he has in Thomas. He will be constantly scanning the defense at the LOS to look for ways he can exploit that ridiculous athleticism by checking into advantageous situations (as he did on Sunday.

I like to sell guys high, but I believe Thomas' ceiling this year goes far beyond a one-week breakout.

Hold onto him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #1364
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

I got offered his Chris Johnson for my Ryan Mathews. I am pretty damn high on Mathews this year.
jazz873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #1365
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you guys think i'm better off keeping Spiller and trading Chris Johnson instead? Got Ryan Matthews on my bench as my current #3 RB also. Currently starting Stevan Ridley and Chris Johnson.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: