Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #1426
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

i like leshoure for the simple fact i don't see k smith able to hold up. the guy has major durability issues. no doubt a talent but if he goes down, leshoure is the next guy up. in fantasy, next guy up is all that matters. even if he doesn't get the same carries as smith, lions will still have to lean on him to keep defenses honest. as far as handcuffs, he ranks up there. obviously behind guys like tate, spiller, kendall marshall but he's pretty much right there after that.

just keep an eye out for someone that can produce now and help you.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #1427
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i like leshoure for the simple fact i don't see k smith able to hold up. the guy has major durability issues. no doubt a talent but if he goes down, leshoure is the next guy up. in fantasy, next guy up is all that matters. even if he doesn't get the same carries as smith, lions will still have to lean on him to keep defenses honest. as far as handcuffs, he ranks up there. obviously behind guys like tate, spiller, kendall marshall but he's pretty much right there after that.

just keep an eye out for someone that can produce now and help you.
im with you but leshoure has yet to prove he can produce and in the limited work he got in the preseason averaged like 2 ypc and looked bad. a lot of thing might be rust but i still don't see him making a big impact with or without k smith.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #1428
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
im with you but leshoure has yet to prove he can produce and in the limited work he got in the preseason averaged like 2 ypc and looked bad. a lot of thing might be rust but i still don't see him making a big impact with or without k smith.

i'm pretty sure he had hammy issues in the preseason. i'm also not sure he's back full strength from his achilles. still, he has talent and as a starting RB, i don't think he can do worse than low end RB3. he's a guy that always moves the chains and he showed a lot of explosion coming out of college. but ya, maybe that achilles injury took too much out of him. that's always a major injury and it's even more damaging to RBs...

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-15-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #1429
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thinking of trading with Fred Jackson owner. I want his Hakeem Nicks.

I was thinking of offering Alfred Morris and Denarius Moore for Hakeem straight up. Is that too little?

I also have Steven Jackson, Trent Rich, Stevan Ridley(trade pending), Roy Helu, Malcom Floyd, Dexter McCluster, James, Jones.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #1430
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
Thinking of trading with Fred Jackson owner. I want his Hakeem Nicks.

I was thinking of offering Alfred Morris and Denarius Moore for Hakeem straight up. Is that too little?

I also have Steven Jackson, Trent Rich, Stevan Ridley(trade pending), Roy Helu, Malcom Floyd, Dexter McCluster, James, Jones.

you have a ton of RB depth but not necessarily anybody i'd really want to rely on. ppr league? mcculster is obviously more valuable there. james jones or james, jones?

anyway, it might be too little but it doesn't hurt to try. it's sometimes better to start low and work your way up. he'll be itching for a short-term RB solution and there aren't many better than alf. if that doesn't work, maybe offer up your best next WR. i'm saying this without seeing your roster so idk.

general rule of thumb...start a lowball. work your way from there and ask him if he'd like to counter. many owners aren't dumb but they're willing to work with you. just don't completely bs them. historically, i'd have to say most of the trade talks i make in my money leagues completely fall apart. they either get flat our rejected or we don't see eye to eye.

i do think that trade is very good for you if you make it happen. throw in f jax's age to your advantage. you can work other RB's into the convo too. i'm not that high on trent so if you can grab one of his other RB's along with nicks, that could help you. it might be hard for him to even reject a trent + bench player for nicks. don't know if you want to go there but there's that.

honestly? i've been waiting for fantasy football to add a 3 team trade feature. i guess that's too complex

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-15-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1431
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pick 2:

Dez Bryant @ SEA

Brandon Lloyd vs ARI

Antonio Brown vs NYJ (revis is confirmed out)
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #1432
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Pick 2:

Dez Bryant @ SEA

Brandon Lloyd vs ARI

Antonio Brown vs NYJ (revis is confirmed out)
Brown and Lloyd.

Seattle has some very large physical corners that really match up well with Dez.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #1433
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i'm pretty sure he had hammy issues in the preseason. i'm also not sure he's back full strength from his achilles. still, he has talent and as a starting RB, i don't think he can do worse than low end RB3. he's a guy that always moves the chains and he showed a lot of explosion coming out of college. but ya, maybe that achilles injury took too much out of him. that's always a major injury and it's even more damaging to RBs...
the achilles rupture was considered impossible to return from. you have to think it's going to be a while (if ever?) to regain pre injury explosiveness. kevin smith is tailor made for the lions offense. he pass protects well, he's an amazing receiver (often being staffords 2nd read), he does a good job of holding on to the ball, and he's really effective in the redzone (a lot stems from the lions offense). Long story short the only thing Leshoure might have an edge on him is running between the tackles which if he going to carve a niche out for himself it will in this area. in a best case scenario he has a mark ingram type role. obviously this would drastically change if kevin were to get hurt but while he's healthy leshoure will be fantasy irrelevant.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #1434
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best offer I've gotten on Chris Johnson in 2 days is Randy Moss & Santana Moss. Still waiting to hear back from a few other guys though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #1435
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Best offer I've gotten on Chris Johnson in 2 days is Randy Moss & Santana Moss. Still waiting to hear back from a few other guys though.
flipped him for gore in one league. stuck with him in another and not getting any bites. i'll take anything for him at this point really..

hes about to have a horrible game vs SD.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #1436
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
flipped him for gore in one league. stuck with him in another and not getting any bites. i'll take anything for him at this point really..

hes about to have a horrible game vs SD.
I know I won't get Gore off him, but the guy who has him has Stafford up for trade, so I thought of offering a CJ/Roethlisberger + maybe more trade for Stafford/Bowe. He's gone really cold on Stafford after his game last week and having the 49ers this week.

Last edited by El Kabong : 09-16-2012 at 05:23 AM.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #1437
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Non-PPR

Bowe @ Buf v. LaFell v NO
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #1438
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Non-PPR

Bowe @ Buf v. LaFell v NO

Tough choice. I like both but if I had to choose my gut says Lafell has the better day.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #1439
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bane has an OK reputation so far

Ok so I started Cobb and he only got me 4 points on Thursday. Really disappointing but there's still potential
My definite starters look like this:
Matt Ryan vs DEN
Ray Rice vs PHI
Doug Martin vs NYG
Victor Cruz vs TB
Rob Gronkowski vs ARZ
Patriots D vs ARZ
Matt Bryant vs DEN

Players I'm considering for FLEX are:
Jeremy Maclin vs Ravens
Kenny Britt vs Chargers
Kevin Ogletree vs Seahawks
Reggie Bush vs Raiders

Any insight?
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #1440
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Need help with my D/ST situation. PIT's banged up D vs NYJ or BUF vs KC?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: