Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Fans of the Resident Evil series....

Did anyone else know that an HD remake of Resident Evil 4 is going to be released on XBox Live and PSN next week on September 20th??

Resident Evil 5 was a disappointment for me, and I never played RE:4 the first time around.... so I'm pretty excited.

Its gonna cost around $20 on Live, not sure about PSN
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Fans of the Resident Evil series....

Damn you're crazy. I'm a huge RE fan and loved part 5 . Thanks for info though.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Damn you're crazy. I'm a huge RE fan and loved part 5 . Thanks for info though.

I may have overstated the level of disappointment.... I say it was disappointing because for the most part it completely abandoned the puzzle-solving from the earlier games.

To me, that was one of the most important elements of the original games, because it set them apart from every other first- and third-person shooter.... which is what RE:5 turned into.

Don't get me wrong, I bought it and played it heavily... but it wasn't anywhere near the experience that other had been.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I may have overstated the level of disappointment.... I say it was disappointing because for the most part it completely abandoned the puzzle-solving from the earlier games.

To me, that was one of the most important elements of the original games, because it set them apart from every other first- and third-person shooter.... which is what RE:5 turned into.

Don't get me wrong, I bought it and played it heavily... but it wasn't anywhere near the experience that other had been.

I agree the puzzle solving got much easier if not nonexistent. A part of me liked it though. It had a more modern feel to it. I mean the puzzles wouldn't fit into the new age action style of the games. Why would you have to solve complex puzzles in a modern zombie game?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree the puzzle solving got much easier if not nonexistent. A part of me liked it though. It had a more modern feel to it. I mean the puzzles wouldn't fit into the new age action style of the games. Why would you have to solve complex puzzles in a modern zombie game?

To me, thats what made Resident Evil such an awesome game.... the fact that it WASN'T just another action-style game. It wasn't just another zombie-shooter game, but something more complex.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never liked RE4, no zombies? GTFO
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

RE4 was the mutt's nuts. some all time greatness imo

i think the wii version will always be the definitive version though. controls were spot on. you could line you're shot up with the pointer while you're moving, stop walking to raise your weapon, and pull off the headshot every time.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot

I completely agree with this. I'm a huge RE fan. It's sort of the game that got me from a kid who gamed to an adult who gamed. And I was waiting for the new gen game in great anticipation, pre ordered, the whole collectors edition thing, the whole nine yards.

And I won't say I didn't enjoy it, or that it wasn't well done, because it was on both accounts. It just didn't feel like an RE. The puzzling was part of it. But I really felt like the mapping was a big part of it too. Way too much leveling. The leveling aspect of the games has steadily increased since the first game, but this one was almost straight level to level. It didn't have the unflolding and opening up of a single map that was always such a definitive part of the series to me.

The fourth one was sort of a rebirth to the whole thing. No more pre-rendered backgrounds with the cinematic angles, which made the controls a little goofy, and sometimes put you in awkward alignments, but I still liked them. It did work, but it also seemed to tip that delicate balance of adventure/shooter more toward the shooter side. It always felt every bit as much adventure to me early on, the heavy story, the more intricate puzzling, and mostly the exploratory aspect of it, where you had choices in direction.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Clippersfan86
Banned

You guys can thank all the lame FPS players who play Modern Warfare etc for changing the direction of great franchises like Mass Effect and Resident Evil. Unfortunately in the gaming economy right now it's all about online play, co op and action games. The shooting games outsell RPG's about 5 to 1 usually. Of course eventually businesses are going to crack. It's why Mass Effect is moving closer and closer to a pure action game than an RPG... and Resident Evil is doing the same. The removal of puzzles basically makes Resident Evil a 3rd person shooter.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

BTW I don't mean to disrespect the MW and other FPS shooters on ISH but I feel like the gaming world is being over run by tards who only care about shooting people up online. Growing up for me video games meant a lot more than that. It meant having fun and playing with friends... and having a deep story or plot twists. These guys buy the game and never touch campaign mode. They just play online and talk a bunch of sh**. I refuse to play FPS's online on console games because of this.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You aren't going to regret that purchase.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
Hollowman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hollowman has an OK reputation so far

I'd be happy if they just released the gamecube version of Resi 1. That was my all time fave.
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

TROLL_HUNTER is starting to rub some people the wrong way

the gamecube version of RE1 would be absolutely awesome and to me it feels like the scariest one in the series. As for RE4 is also an amazing game and I agree with the poster as I liked this one much better than RE5. very bland title this one
TROLL_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RE4 was the last one in the series I played and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Might have to check that out.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ALSO ....

I just stumbled on this the other day, which shocks me that this hasn't really gotten any coverage. But apparently there's another RE due out 1st Quarter 2012.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

And it's of all things, a tactical shooter, in the vain of Socom from what I understand. You play as a team of mercenaries working for Umbrella, who's job it is to cover up all evidence of the original Raccoon City Outbreak.

I'm not sure how I feel about this at all. I'm not a huge fan of Tactical Shooters, but the notion of returning to Raccoon City and the original outbreak fascinates me. Especially doing it from another angle, from the Umbrella perspective.

I fear that it's being thrown together on the cheap, which would explain it's lack of coverage, whereas RE5 was being pumped for 6 months. Capcom must have thrown a huge budget toward that ad campaign, while this seems to be just floating along.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: