Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #31
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Predict your team's regular season record

49ers:
1 vs. Sea W
2 vs. Dal L
3 @ Cin W
4 @ Phi L
5 vs. TB L
6 @ Det W
7 Bye Week
8 vs. Cle W
9 @ Was W
10 vs. NYG L
11 vs. Ari W
12 @ Bal L
13 vs. StL L
14 @ Ari W
15 vs. Pit L
16 @ Sea L
17 @ Stl W

8-8
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #32
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You have the Bears LOSING to Oakland on the road. Yet you're so confident as hell the Bears will win on the road vs the Eagles. Makes perfect sense. This is one of those, Bears go on the road and when its a good team play their best football but when its a bad team let their guard down. Thats gonna be your argument correct? I could be wrong, I'll let you explain the reasoning here.

Sidenote: You have the Bears LOSING to the Detroit Lions...on the wait for it, wait for it...ROAD

Why dont you grab your fellow Bears fan ballinhun08 and you two sit there and feed me reasoning for this. Should be good.

Keep in mind the Eagles secondary has added new faces like Aso, DRC that werent there when Cutler threw 4 TD passes.

Everybody knows that in the NFL teams lose to teams they shouldn't. Like the Browns over the Pats last year. The Lions play the Bears tough,especially in that Dome and I see them letting their guards down against the Raiders (it happens).

I ain't saying that the Eagles will be some easy walk, but I don't see the birds pulling it off.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #33
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Steelers ... 12-4
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #34
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
If the Browns had a better WR core, then I'd say they could win 9 or 10 games. Holmgren is really doing good things in Cleveland.

I believe we can go just above .500, 9-7. Greg Little will impress you.
Our ridiculous TE duo will get a lot catches too, and it's not like our offense is based on deep balls. But I do agree we could use a real deep threat/playmaker.

Anyway:

vs. Bengals
@ Colts
vs. Dolphins
vs. Titans
@ Raiders
vs. Seahawks
@ 49ers
@ Texans
vs. Rams
vs. Jags
@ Bengals
vs. Ravens
@ Steelers
@ Cards
@ Ravens
vs. Steelers

Yes, we will start 6-1.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
If the Browns had a better WR core, then I'd say they could win 9 or 10 games. Holmgren is really doing good things in Cleveland.
I hear ya...

The NFL is all about the QB position. If McCoy continues his progress and stays healthy, I think we could really shock some people this year.

Switching to the 4-3 this year was absolutely key. We didn't have the personnel to run the 3-4. D'Qwell Jackson has looked like a complete beast as a MLB in this alignment. He didn't fit in the 3-4. We have a nice interior with Rubin/Taylor. Sheard has looked incredibly good in this preseason in getting pressure on the QB. We have a very nice young secondary with Joe Haden and TJ Ward, along with a solid vet in Sheldon Brown.

The defense is there. It won't be dominant, but it also isn't going to lose games for the team like in the past.

If McCoy learns this WCO scheme, I do think we have the receivers to run it. You don't need total beasts to succeed in the WCO (Greg Little has looked REALLY good thus far, though)... Just interchangeable guys that can find the soft spots.

The running game could be really good... Our line is one of the best in the league with Thomas/Steinbach/Mack and we have Hillis, Montario Hardesty (if he can stay healthy) and Brandon Jackson.

If everyone can stay healthy, that is a pretty nice threesome. Brandon Jackson may not have worked in GB as a feature back, but as a third back behind Hillis and Hardesty, he could be good.

Then, we have Josh Cribbs flying around and doing the intangibles...

I don't know... I'm excited about this season.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #36
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I believe we can go just above .500, 9-7. Greg Little will impress you.
Our ridiculous TE duo will get a lot catches too, and it's not like our offense is based on deep balls. But I do agree we could use a real deep threat/playmaker.

Anyway:

vs. Bengals
@ Colts
vs. Dolphins
vs. Titans
@ Raiders
vs. Seahawks
@ 49ers
@ Texans
vs. Rams
vs. Jags
@ Bengals
vs. Ravens
@ Steelers
@ Cards
@ Ravens
vs. Steelers

Yes, we will start 6-1.
Man... Could you imagine the excitement if we go to Pittsburgh in Week 13 with an 8-4 record? This city would be on fire.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #37
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Yeah. Ya'll do have a lot to be optimistic about. Haven't been able to say that for a while regarding the Browns. But ya'll are definitely on the way up.

Another solid draft, added with a key free agent acquisition or two, and the playoffs are right at the Browns' doorstep.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #38
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

I know this sounds crazy but as you guys know I only call it like I see it, Colt has a lot of Drew Brees in him.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I know this sounds crazy but as you guys know I only call it like I see it, Colt has a lot of Drew Brees in him.
he sure as hell didn't in college

I've been shocked by his preseason, but would be 10x more shocked if that guy ever became a probowl elite in this league...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #40
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
did Asante play against the Bears?

Nah.. he didn't. I remember the game thinking if Asante wasn't injured there's no way Cutler is throwing on us like this.

Cannot WAIT to see that game with DRC, Asante, and Nnamdi all on the field at once. Will be in for some good laughs..
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #41
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Eagles:

@ Rams W
@ Falcons L
Giants W
49ers W
@ Bills W
@Redskins W
BYE
Cowboys L
Bears W
Cardinals W
@ Giants W
Patriots L
@ Seahawks W
@ Dolphins W
Jets L
@ Cowboys W
Redskins W

12-4
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #42
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Jets - Somewhere around 11-5. I hope I'm wrong though, because that won't be enough to win the division. They'll need at least 13 wins to win the division.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #43
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he sure as hell didn't in college

I've been shocked by his preseason, but would be 10x more shocked if that guy ever became a probowl elite in this league...
Wasn't he, like, the winningest quarterback in University of Texas history? How bad could he have been?

To be completely honest, I never thought a whole lot of him in college, either. I thought we still got a pretty good bargain on him late in the third round. Even though I wasn't that high on him, it was worth the risk at that point.

After watching him for 3/4 a season and for this preseason, I'm blown away. He is so poised... A true, natural born leader. Also, the guy is a film room rat. From what I understand, he devotes his entire life to understanding the game.

Yes, Drew Brees seems like an apt comparison, at least in so far as early in their respective careers. He still needs to do a ton of work to get where Brees is, but after what I've seen in the last year and the incredible strides that he has made from last year to this year, nothing would shock me about Colt anymore.

He is legit.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #44
Jall
What?

Jall has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
@ Cards

You're the only person in this thread to predict a loss vs the Cardinals.

Thanks for the respect

- From one shit franchise to another.
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #45
Jall
What?

Jall has an OK reputation so far

No one is giving any analysis or reason why they will win or lose a game, and I'm bored so...

Carolina - I cannot be happier with any game to begin the season than with Carolina at home. If this isn't a win then we have a huge red flag.
WIN 1-0

@Washington - The Redskins have beaten us 7 times in a row . Even though Darnell Docket absolutely hates them, and will surely get the team fired up, they always play us tough. Fortunately, they're quarterback situation is almost as bad as ours was last year. (lol yea right, nothings as bad as what we had last year.) I think we're due for a win against them, and if Kolb is anything near the hype, he needs to win these first 2 games.
WIN 2-0

@Seattle - This is tough, I don't know how good Seattle will be this year, but their quarterbacks look like shit. Regardless, I think starting 3-0 is a lot to hope for after last season.
LOSS 2-1

New York - The Giants are undefeated in University of Phoenix Stadium (2-0, one in the Superbowl) plus they're kind of good, so I'll give them this one.
LOSS 2-2

@Minnesota - Does anyone have any real idea how good the Vikings are going to be this year? Well, this is my opinion and I think they're going to suck with McSoup (who I wanted after Warner retire - I'm ashamed)
WIN 3-2

Pittsburgh - I want to win this one bad, but ergahdnn fuuuuu.
LOSS 3-3 I hope I'm wrong.

@Baltimore - I only see 3 really hard games on our schedule @Baltimore, Pittsburgh and @Philly. Needless to say, I want to win these games because we have ties to all 3 teams, but realistically, I only see us winning 1 at most.
LOSS 3-4

St Louis - IMO, it's between us and the Rams to take the division this year, so for the sake of not wasting my own time and over thinking this, I'll split our games. I'm lazy.
WIN 4-4

@Philadelphia - THIS GAME SHOULD BE ON ****ING PRIMETIME! Any Eagles fans agree with me or should I go hide in a box somewhere... . This could be like Lebron returning to Cleveland, only instead of LeBron, we got Kevin Kolb, and instead of getting him for free, we gave up the farm...where's my box...
LOSS 4-5

@San Fran - They didn't really improve much did they? They got a couple of nice draft pieces, but... they always play us tough. I hate the 49'ers.
LOSS 4-6

@St Louis - I swear this last stretch of games could end up being a huge road block on our season.
LOSS 4-7

Dallas - The last two times we played them it was here, and we beat them in some of the best games from those seasons. Hopefully, it will be another great game, but I have no reason to believe we'll lose this time until proven wrong.
WIN 5-7

San Fran - They very well might sweep us again, but I can't predict that can I?
WIN 6-7

Cleveland - Just showing some love. This city deserves more.
LOSS 6-8

Cincinnati - I think Cinci will be the worst team in the league. I'm not trying to be asshole. That's just the way I feel. Sorry mlh.
WIN 7-8

Seattle - Seattle at home to finish the season. It might decide the division, it might not. I already said I don't like the quarterbacks they have, and it's in our house.
WIN 8-8

I think 8-8 is fair. Kevin Kolb will basically decide how good or bad our season is and nobody can really predict how he will do off his short body of work. I won't hold my breath for a good season, but can the Cardinals really get any worse than last year when we managed 5 wins?
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: