Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #226
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I may do that too. Just try to smash every chick on the ship. If I weren't saving myself for Ashley I would definitely smash Diana.

Speaking of which, the stuff with Joker and EDI had me crying out of laughter. Joker is probably my favorite character now.


The dating questions/drama? Cracked me up too. In general 3 is the most humorous game in my opinion. So many great 1 liners. Unfortunately they toned down how dickish Renegade is. I miss being a bully lol.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #227
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edge of Despair
Posts: 11,720
Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Yeah the whole situation with those two in Purgatory had me

You're right though. ME3 DEFINITELY delivers in the humor department. I like how Bioware included some references from internet fandom as well. You know they're reading the forums.

And actually, I kind of like the less dickish Renegade, at least when it's toward the crewmates. I used to hate having a crewmate spill their feelings out to me and then I answer with a "Who cares?" or "F*ck off." type of response.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #228
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Yeah the whole situation with those two in Purgatory had me

You're right though. ME3 DEFINITELY delivers in the humor department. I like how Bioware included some references from internet fandom as well. You know they're reading the forums.

And actually, I kind of like the less dickish Renegade, at least when it's toward the crewmates. I used to hate having a crewmate spill their feelings out to me and then I answer with a "Who cares?" or "F*ck off." type of response.


Lmfao. I agree better for squad not as fun against enemies. Either get by my side or get crushed by my heel! But you will not stand in my way!

That shit cracks me up every time.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #229
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up
 
Bucket_Nakedz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,746
Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

i bought me3 on thursday, and didn't get to try until today. as soon as i was done on mars, i immediately stopped the game and bought mass effect on xbox live.

skipped the first one and started on me2 (favorite game on 360). even though i imported my me2 shepard, the story still felt incomplete during my first little sample on me3.

just started mass effect and boy does the combat suck (compared to the latter), but the story and characters are effin awesome as usual! just left the citadel to find and meet liara for the first time.

even though ive been hearing how bad me3 endings are, i think im going to just enjoy the journey from the beginning. mass effect is the king of sci-fi; fukk star wars!
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #230
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,948
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Haha this time im going to bang Samantha Traynor the helmswoman too. Gonna be a renegade manwhore. Liara is my main bit#h though. I'm trying adept or Engineer. Though Vangaurd was fun as shit. The turrets are powerful as shit. Most likely gonna go engineer.

Just FYI Traynor is a lesbian so you make sure you play as fem shepard if that is your goal for the game.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #231
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Just FYI Traynor is a lesbian so you make sure you play as fem shepard if that is your goal for the game.


She tried to seduce my male so she's obviously bi.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #232
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
i bought me3 on thursday, and didn't get to try until today. as soon as i was done on mars, i immediately stopped the game and bought mass effect on xbox live.

skipped the first one and started on me2 (favorite game on 360). even though i imported my me2 shepard, the story still felt incomplete during my first little sample on me3.

just started mass effect and boy does the combat suck (compared to the latter), but the story and characters are effin awesome as usual! just left the citadel to find and meet liara for the first time.

even though ive been hearing how bad me3 endings are, i think im going to just enjoy the journey from the beginning. mass effect is the king of sci-fi; fukk star wars!


3 is best overall game by far but part 1 is my second fav. So much story.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #233
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,771
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
She tried to seduce my male so she's obviously bi.

No she's not. If you took that route you would probably hit a "don't swing that way" wall. There it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-8BiN7S2f4 (SPOILER)


Traynor looks pretty much exactly like my Shepard. To the point where it looks weird when they talk to each other.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #234
shadow
Laker fan here
 
shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 2,948
shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
She tried to seduce my male so she's obviously bi.

I fell for that too :x
I just finished the damn game and boy am I pissed. They managed to equal a feat only previously accomplished by George Lucas. Take something epic and reduce it to trash. In Lucas' defense it took him 3 movies to do it. Bioware did it in 5 minutes.

Still one hell of a ride to get there though I wish they took a cue from ME2 and let you bring your entire party to the final mission. ME2's end game run was simply awesome...and the ending was better too.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #235
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I fell for that too :x
I just finished the damn game and boy am I pissed. They managed to equal a feat only previously accomplished by George Lucas. Take something epic and reduce it to trash. In Lucas' defense it took him 3 movies to do it. Bioware did it in 5 minutes.

Still one hell of a ride to get there though I wish they took a cue from ME2 and let you bring your entire party to the final mission. ME2's end game run was simply awesome...and the ending was better too.

I agree... that the ending wasn't happy or amazing. It was logical though considering the circumstances man. I kind of like that Bioware wasn't afraid to go that route.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #236
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
No she's not. If you took that route you would probably hit a "don't swing that way" wall. There it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-8BiN7S2f4 (SPOILER)


Traynor looks pretty much exactly like my Shepard. To the point where it looks weird when they talk to each other.

Damn! How about Diana Allers? Only flirt?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #237
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!
 
rhythmic †hesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: manhattan, ny
Posts: 2,419
rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree... that the ending wasn't happy or amazing. It was logical though considering the circumstances man. I kind of like that Bioware wasn't afraid to go that route.

These type of games use DLC routinely; I would be shocked if a DLC isn't released down the line with a completely alternative ending (and where you decisions throughout the trilogy actually matter in the end).

Mass Effect 3 to me is by far the best game and I loved ME2.
I actually liked the ending, I always said:You learn more from movies with a bad ending, then from a good one. (same applies to video games since we get attached to the characters involved)
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #238
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,023
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Damn that reporter is pissin me of, i took her hot ass in the ship and now she just stands there doing nothing, no dialogue opens up, no matter how many missions i do i get back and then u see her just standing there like a mannequin teasing meeee..... aarrrggghhhh...

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #239
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
These type of games use DLC routinely; I would be shocked if a DLC isn't released down the line with a completely alternative ending (and where you decisions throughout the trilogy actually matter in the end).

Mass Effect 3 to me is by far the best game and I loved ME2.
I actually liked the ending, I always said:You learn more from movies with a bad ending, then from a good one. (same applies to video games since we get attached to the characters involved)

Yup I agree. See we are back on the same page for now . What I find funny is on Metacritic Mass Effect 3 is like a 94 or w/e..... but from fans it's a 4. All due to the Bioware fanboys bit*hing about the "bad" ending etc. I thought I'd hate it too based on what I heard... and yes it was sad... but all the moments in the game that lead up to it REALLY touched me.

I teared up a couple times and that hasn't happened to me in a game. I feel like even now 2 days after beating it.. like I miss Garrus, Mordin, Wrex and the crew.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #240
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edge of Despair
Posts: 11,720
Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

So I guess there's no way to [SPOILER]keep Miranda alive on Horizon[/SPOILER]...
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy