Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
mr beast
BEAST

Default How to find a legit team for people over 20

hey all,

been trying to find a legit team that has a coach and do regular practices but it aint that easy for an adult team.

most of the adult leagues are just teams made up of friends that never practices, or most teams only have 8 players because everyone wants playing time. it makes it impossible to practice unless you have at least 10 players if you want to run any offensive and defensive sets.
i kind of want to get back into practicing as a team and playing under a coach scenario.

do they have any AAU teams but for oldies? lol

anyone know what's the best way to do that , enlighten me please
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: How to find a legit team for people over 20

Is there a state league where you are? maybe you could tryout for the development squad on a team in that?
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBucketz
Is there a state league where you are? maybe you could tryout for the development squad on a team in that?

hmm any websites for more information? not aware if there's a state league

i doubt i'll make the team though hahaha
Old 08-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I have no idea when it comes to the basketball system in the states where i assume you are. Over here(Australia) we have the SBL(State Basketball league) and about 10-12 associations have teams that compete and have a full development squad for the senior side and a development league for ages U/12-U20 and then D-League which is for players that aren't starters on the Associations SBL team.

This is the only thing i could think would offer training for anyone 20+ unless you made a team with mates and got together to train and just entered a local rec league.
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
mr beast
BEAST

Quote:
I have no idea when it comes to the basketball system in the states where i assume you are. Over here(Australia) we have the SBL(State Basketball league) and about 10-12 associations have teams that compete and have a full development squad for the senior side and a development league for ages U/12-U20 and then D-League which is for players that aren't starters on the Associations SBL team.

yea not aware of any thing like that in the states, maybe there is but you probably need to be top prospect in your state

Quote:
This is the only thing i could think would offer training for anyone 20+ unless you made a team with mates and got together to train and just entered a local rec league.

already doing this, but it's nearly impossible to make a team with 10~12 players because you to pay to play in a rec league, no one wants to pay and not get enough minutes on the court, so most teams stick with 8 players to get everyone minutes
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: