Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #46
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

bonner is a good guy, glad to see he's going to a solid situation.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #47
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i really don't know y everyone likes bonner so much..or thinks hes a deadly shooter..hes really not that good..and is a liability on defence
i think its just because hes a red haired white dude..thats it

glad to see him go...
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #48
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miles 23
i really don't know y everyone likes bonner so much..or thinks hes a deadly shooter..hes really not that good..and is a liability on defence
i think its just because hes a red haired white dude..thats it

glad to see him go...

He was a fan favourite, he gave a tremendous effort every night in his rookie year, and in his sophmore year. Obviously, his appearence made it more comical, atleast to me. I just admired his work ethic the first year, and he was nailing open jump shots consistantly as a rookie, he was on fire. Last year, I think he expanded his game and got away from what he was good for a bit, and Sam Mitchell overplayed him exposing some of his weaknesses. He was still a good Toronto Raptor though.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #49
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
The Raps fortunately shed some dead wood also in E. Williams. Now if only we can find a taker for the other Williams.
i would want him to retire with the raps maybe this or next year
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #50
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
i would want him to retire with the raps maybe this or next year

You should want him to retire right away if that's the case then, his large contract is eating into our cap space right when we need it the most. Alvin Williams was a great Raptor, but he needs to look out for the team and step back, he was a good Raptor, but he needs to step out of the spotlight.

My Two Cents...
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #51
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I'm very underwhelmed by this trade. I know Eric Williams had to go, I liked Matt Bonner (he did play way too many minutes), but he was expendable, but Rasho (Steven A. Smith's favorite player lol!) is arguably one of the worse starting centers in the league. He's soft, and was often the whipping boy for Popovich. I don't like his game at all. I know he's better than Aruajo, and is currently the best center on our Roster, but he still sucks. I would of have been more pleased with Nazr Mohammed.

Last edited by Kujo : 06-22-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #52
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I can't see how some expect Nesterovic to be a backup. Last year he started half the games for one of the league's best teams, yet this year he won't get in the starting lineup of one of the league's worst teams? Doesn't seem likely. He looks like the clear top centre for a while at least.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #53
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

What a ****ty deal!

Rasho's contract is absolutely ridiculous. Eric Williams contract was an expirer so we could have kept him.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #54
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
What a ****ty deal!

Rasho's contract is absolutely ridiculous. Eric Williams contract was an expirer so we could have kept him.
Not a ****ty deal at all. We got rid of Eric, who we didn't use, and who didn't want to be here, and Bonner, who will be sorely missed by certain fans, but is definetly replaceable, and we got some help at a position where we need it the most.
I'm not 100% sure on this but I saw somebody say that Rasho's contract is only 800k more than Bonner and Eric combined, but we also got cash (3mil?) in the deal.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #55
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

the real reason bonner was traded was so that we could open up some playing time for andrea bargnani, he can back up bosh for 10 minutes a night, charlie v for 15 minutes a night and fill in 5 at centre, he should get a solid 30 minutes a night that way

ps. i still hate bargnani though
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #56
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
the real reason bonner was traded was so that we could open up some playing time for andrea bargnani, he can back up bosh for 10 minutes a night, charlie v for 15 minutes a night and fill in 5 at centre, he should get a solid 30 minutes a night that way

ps. i still hate bargnani though
Thats a good theory, the freeing time for Bargnani one, I never thought of it that way. And as far as hating him goes, I was with you about a week ago 100%, but I dunno.. I'm kinda liking him more and more every time I see his videos or a report on him. I'm becoming a fan slowly.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #57
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Thats a good theory, the freeing time for Bargnani one, I never thought of it that way. And as far as hating him goes, I was with you about a week ago 100%, but I dunno.. I'm kinda liking him more and more every time I see his videos or a report on him. I'm becoming a fan slowly.

your not becoming a fan, youre just excepting the inevitable like everyone else, were all in denile

i really think in a couple of years time were going to be saying, we coudl have had...

just like the 2004 draft
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #58
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

CB4isJC has an OK reputation so far

Which is better? Especially keeping in mind that the big man free agent market was full of people who are going to get overpaid.

1)
Bargnani-Aldridge/Pape
Chris/Humphries
Charlie/Joey
Mo
Roko/James*/Jose

2)
Rasho/Bargnani-Aldridge
Chris/Pape
Charlie/Humphries
Mo/Joey
Roko/James*/Jose

Colangelo didn't want to overpay a big man and I appreciate that. He got Rasho who gets a pretty standard pay for centres of his stature who will most likely start for the next two years (unless Bargnani is crazy), and then he'll be good trade bait.

Damn we need another shooting guard. A point would be nice too.

Peace out Matt. Come sign with us in a few years.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: