Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
ps3
<-- 360

you're lucky I'd kill you...and I would torch Nnamdi in the process
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #17
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I got an xbox when my ps3 broke but I'd played ps my whole life and my brain couldn't adjust to the controls. Like when I'd see "Y" running wide open my thumb wouldn't react to the right button. So I sold it and bought a new ps3.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Love the new Madden commercials lol.

I got my copy this morning before work. The past 3 years, I was at the midnight release. But work's been busy since football and volleyball are in full swing. So I picked it up this morning before heading to work.

Had it sitting on my desk all day, teasing me lol. I just got home, am eating lunch and about to play Madden for the next 6 hours lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I got it. Havent dived into it much yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
About to go buy it now. I'm someone who doesn't care if the changes are minimal, I'll get that shit just for the rookies and new rosters.

Many are like this which is one reason why EA never improves Madden significantly.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Many are like this which is one reason why EA never improves Madden significantly.

I'm ready for their exclusive-rights contract (or whatever it's called) with the NFL to be over. This year's Madden is ok (Only played 2 games), but there is a LOT that could be improved. And having competition would improve the games.

For example, I didn't hear Gus Johnson say Blount's name once. It'd be "He hands off to number 27" every time. Then one time, the opponent was called for holding and Johnson yelled "NUMBER 77!!!! called for holding." Like, there was no reason to scream number 77. Lol. The play by play and that area needs a lot of work.

And maybe it's just me, but the default game speed is much too fast. I think it needs to be slowed down.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm ready for their exclusive-rights contract (or whatever it's called) with the NFL to be over. This year's Madden is ok (Only played 2 games), but there is a LOT that could be improved. And having competition would improve the games.

For example, I didn't hear Gus Johnson say Blount's name once. It'd be "He hands off to number 27" every time. Then one time, the opponent was called for holding and Johnson yelled "NUMBER 77!!!! called for holding." Like, there was no reason to scream number 77. Lol. The play by play and that area needs a lot of work.

And maybe it's just me, but the default game speed is much too fast. I think it needs to be slowed down.
I have learned over the past couple years that Madden really shouldn't be judged until about month into it...or the first patch anyway, it always has annoying glitches that need to be fixed why it is first released...one year dev time means this game was rushed out the door...

it being too fast for you is a very good sign though I think...means you have work to do in order to catch up...it being too slow is much much worse if you plan on playing down the road.

I agree that the anouncing seems bad this year though...not up to par with 10 which did flow really good I think

11 wasn't the greatest either in that department...but the actual game play is what is really important to me
Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

Yeah and sometimes for me the announcing is delayed. Like the play will be over and I'll be at the menu to select plays and he'll scream what just happened.

And yeah I hope they lose the exclusive rights because competition will drive them to put out a much better game. Just look at the NBA Live and 2k series. NBA Live used to be the game of choice for the most part then the 2k series jumped in the mix. I havent played an NBA Live game in years. But I will say NBA Live 10 was just as good as NBA2k10. Why? They stepped up their product. Something Madden needs to do if it had serious competition where gamers jumped ship.

By it being the only pro football game out? It can just add just enough each year and collect $60 a pop.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

What exactly is Ultimate team? Is it free? How do you earn coins?

I've never touched this game mode. I remember it being on Madden 10 but I never messed around with it so I'm totally clueless to what its actually about.

Explain it to me like a 3rd grader.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
What exactly is Ultimate team? Is it free? How do you earn coins?

I've never touched this game mode. I remember it being on Madden 10 but I never messed around with it so I'm totally clueless to what its actually about.

Explain it to me like a 3rd grader.
you collect player cards and create a dream team roster with them, similiar to collecting sports cards as a child only you can play with the cards...rare cards are earned different ways...you can trade and auction the cards too...it's extremely addictive

they release new cards throughout the year...so there are always new players to look forward to...

you win coins by winning games or by selling cards or different ways, those coins are used to buy cards...

it is pretty in depth...but that is the simple explaination...you start off with shitty cards to make a team and try to build your way up to a dream team

and this year is the first year they bought the rights to a bunch of retired HOFers...and they are going to keep doing that from what I understand...
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #25
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I like the "cutting" players part of franchise mode during the preseason. Probably won't see what the offseason is like for a while since I'm playing most games.

For me, the roughing the passer penalties have been very life-like.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you collect player cards and create a dream team roster with them, similiar to collecting sports cards as a child only you can play with the cards...rare cards are earned different ways...you can trade and auction the cards too...it's extremely addictive

they release new cards throughout the year...so there are always new players to look forward to...

you win coins by winning games or by selling cards or different ways, those coins are used to buy cards...

it is pretty in depth...but that is the simple explaination...you start off with shitty cards to make a team and try to build your way up to a dream team

and this year is the first year they bought the rights to a bunch of retired HOFers...and they are going to keep doing that from what I understand...

This is all free correct? So when I go to Ultimate Team mode there is an option where I'm opening up a pack of cards and seeing the players I have. So I have to play people with the cards I'm dealt and win games to earn coins to buy new packs of cards to see if I get lucky. And say I do get lucky I can put some good players up for Auction to gain more coins?

Guess I'll just have to try it out.

A primetime moment right now is me asking is all this stuff free? Or do you pay at any time? I'm guessing this is the Fantasy Football version of collecting cards. Collecting cards, the video game version so to speak. Sounds interesting.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
This is all free correct? So when I go to Ultimate Team mode there is an option where I'm opening up a pack of cards and seeing the players I have. So I have to play people with the cards I'm dealt and win games to earn coins to buy new packs of cards to see if I get lucky. And say I do get lucky I can put some good players up for Auction to gain more coins?

Guess I'll just have to try it out.

A primetime moment right now is me asking is all this stuff free? Or do you pay at any time? I'm guessing this is the Fantasy Football version of collecting cards. Collecting cards, the video game version so to speak. Sounds interesting.
yeah it is like fantasy football mixed with card collecting in a way, that is correct

and yes it is completely free although EA does try to trick you into paying more...and many people do, you can buy coins with money...people sell rare cards via pay pall...etc

do not fall for it because down the road what costs $50 now will be near worthless in a few months...

but you should understand that some people willing to bust out thier credit card will have an advantage on you...

in MUT 10 I spent nothing at all and was able to hang with the best of them...

MUT 11 I did actually get sucked into paying like $20 a couple times...

this year I will spend NOTHING
Old 08-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #28
irondarts

So the Draft Classes for NCAA 12 are broken. This really pisses me off, I'm trying to get around the problem but this is ridiculous. Only EA could make such a huge **** up on something people seriously care about. **** Madden.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #29
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
So the Draft Classes for NCAA 12 are broken. This really pisses me off, I'm trying to get around the problem but this is ridiculous. Only EA could make such a huge **** up on something people seriously care about. **** Madden.
Reading about this online, people are absolutely livid about this. There is a way to fix it, but people who have sold or traded in NCAA are screwed. It's amazing how professional game developers can **** something like this up, which is such a simple feature and piss the whole Madden Fan base off, ****ing retarded.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Reading about this online, people are absolutely livid about this. There is a way to fix it, but people who have sold or traded in NCAA are screwed. It's amazing how professional game developers can **** something like this up, which is such a simple feature and piss the whole Madden Fan base off, ****ing retarded.

It's EA sports. Something like that isn't that surprising they often do ridiculous things.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: