Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: Turtle beaches headphones

I don't think $250 headphones are reserved for big money players. The amount of time any one of us spends on a game MORE than makes up for the amount of money you spend on your gaming system or the peripherals. Having a really good and expensive pair of headphones WILL help you. I know I can hear things that others can't when I'm playing an FPS. Footsteps and bullets are heard from farther away, and the sound is very well balanced and is easily pin-pointed. It works great when you get an asshole who all he wants to do is sneak up behind people and knife them. I can hear him coming and drop his ass.

$250 headphones, 500+ hours on a game, seems well worth it to me.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I don't think $250 headphones are reserved for big money players. The amount of time any one of us spends on a game MORE than makes up for the amount of money you spend on your gaming system or the peripherals. Having a really good and expensive pair of headphones WILL help you. I know I can hear things that others can't when I'm playing an FPS. Footsteps and bullets are heard from farther away, and the sound is very well balanced and is easily pin-pointed. It works great when you get an asshole who all he wants to do is sneak up behind people and knife them. I can hear him coming and drop his ass.

$250 headphones, 500+ hours on a game, seems well worth it to me.

How much did you pay for your headphones?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Sennheiser PC350's

Retail for $229 but I got them on sale for $179

I would have paid full price for them, but I just happened to be building my gaming rig at the perfect time and got it on sale.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Sennheiser PC350's

I would have paid full price for them, but I just happened to be building my gaming rig at the perfect time and got it on sale.

Sheesh. But you build/built your own gaming system so I'd lump others like yourself in the pile of hardcore gamers who play competively where buying headphones that price isnt a big deal. You guys get your moneys worth out of them.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #20
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Sheesh. But you build/built your own gaming system so I'd lump others like yourself in the pile of hardcore gamers who play competively where buying headphones that price isnt a big deal. You guys get your moneys worth out of them.

You play COD pretty hardcore tho right? I'm sure you've got a couple hundred hours on it at least. I mean if you're satisfied with low end headphones, by all means, but I highly recommend spending the cash if you have it. I don't have to tell you how important hearing is in an FPS game.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:

Sennheiser PC350's

Senheiser is a pretty good brand, my hd555's have held up for a while now. Are those strictly for gaming, or do you use them for other things?

Last edited by Kungfro : 08-31-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #22
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeD
yeah man i have some they work great for me, i thought about getting some tritons or astros but honestly the x11s are a decent price and work very good. I dont plan on being a MLG pro so i am good with these. Whats up Kung and GOBB havent talked to you guys in a while, im getting another xbox in a few days so i will be back on.

Cool, I haven't really been playing much COD lately but if I see you online I'd be down for it.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #23
DatDudeD
In DUKE mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Cool, I haven't really been playing much COD lately but if I see you online I'd be down for it.
yeah i know the few times i have signed on not too many people were playing i think people are kind of bored with it at this point, oh well on to MW3...lol. Honestly spending over 200 bucks on a headset it cool it thats what you want. Personally the x11s are good for me, i do agree that getting a quality headset is worth the money though
DatDudeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Senheiser is a pretty good brand, my hd555's have held up for a while now. Are those strictly for gaming, or do you use them for other things?

Strictly for gaming. They have very little bass, a lot of high end. I use them every so often for music, but I'll mostly just play stuff through my speakers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: