Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Gabuyaux
Decent playground baller

Gabuyaux has an OK reputation so far
Default Which half of the decade do you choose?

First half of the decade team:
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'neal

Second half of the decade team:
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

Assume each player is as good as his Peak/Prime/Best Season or whatever within the half decade. I'll probably get flack for my choices, but oh well. Which team you got?
Gabuyaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
purplch0de
Banned

purplch0de has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which half of the decade do you choose?

1st one fgt
purplch0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

The first one beats the second one so badly...
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

First half without much hesitation.

Prime Kidd > Prime CP3
Prime Kobe > Prime Wade
Prime T-Mac = Lebron
Prime Duncan > Prime Dirk
Prime Shaq > Prime Howard

Plus I feel like the first half team would mesh a lot better as an overall unit.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

is this a joke?
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

First easily.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

Prime Kidd > Prime CP3
Prime Kobe > Prime Wade
Prime T-Mac = Lebron

Plus I feel like the first half team would mesh a lot better as an overall unit.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Prime Kidd > Prime CP3
Prime T-Mac = Lebron
I flat out hate LeBron, but....

CP3 was also better than Kidd ever was.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Ill take prime Tmac>> Prime Lebron. Tmac was the truth

and CP3> Kidd
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
I flat out hate LeBron, but....

T-Mac in 2002-03 is as good as LeBron in any season but 2008-09...Maybe not when I think about defense. Still if T-Mac had played to his full potential and stayed healthy he would have been even better than LBJ IMO.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:

Nah, Kidd is a masterful PG. Unbelievable passer, fantastic defender, decent shooter, and no PG today runs an offense better than Kidd did in his prime.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #12
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

Quote:
Nah, Kidd is a masterful PG. Unbelievable passer, fantastic defender, decent shooter, and no PG today runs an offense better than Kidd did in his prime.
CP3 has been better man. He's pretty ****ing great. That said, team 1 still wins because prime Shaq and TD=
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
T-Mac in 2002-03 is as good as LeBron in any season but 2008-09...Maybe not when I think about defense. Still if T-Mac had played to his full potential and stayed healthy he would have been even better than LBJ IMO.
So in other words Tmac wasn't as good as LeBron was in his prime.....thanks for proving my point.

LeBron doesn't have intangibles....at least anymore. I never questioned his intangibles back in 2009 and in the earlier years but I have started to question it from 2010 when he quit against the Celtics to present day. But it doesn't matter because Tmac never had any intangibles either. What separates Kobe from Tmac is the intangibles just like what separates Wade from LeBron.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

Quote:
So in other words Tmac wasn't as good as LeBron was in his prime.....thanks for proving my point.

LeBron doesn't have intangibles....at least anymore. I never questioned his intangibles back in 2009 and in the earlier years but I have started to question it from 2010 when he quit against the Celtics to present day. But it doesn't matter because Tmac never had any intangibles either. What separates Kobe from Tmac is the intangibles just like what separates Wade from LeBron.
I don't feel like arguing with you anymore, stop trying to start shit.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Prime Kidd > Prime CP3
Prime Kobe > Prime Wade
Prime T-Mac = Lebron

I'd take the first half team too, but lol @ the bolded.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: