Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's Revis. It's not even close. It's not a diss, Asomugha is very very good. But the Jet defense is predicated on Revis playing one guy, that guy doing nothing ever, the entire game. And he is almost always succesful.
that
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #17
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Aso would be #1 if he went to the Cowboys.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far

Asomugha has allowed 1 TD in the last three seasons. It's very close.

I do give the edge to Revis as he tracks the opposing No. 1 WR all over the field, but I believe Nnamdi did the same for most of last season from what I saw. Both are Top 5 Defensive players in the league because truly elite CBs are absurdly difficult to come by.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602
Asomugha has allowed 1 TD in the last three seasons. It's very close.

I do give the edge to Revis as he tracks the opposing No. 1 WR all over the field, but I believe Nnamdi did the same for most of last season from what I saw. Both are Top 5 Defensive players in the league because truly elite CBs are absurdly difficult to come by.
Aso was someone that QBs did not target because he would stay on one side of the field and not really track one WR and take him out for the rest of the game like Revis would. It isn't Aso's fault, it is the coaching scheme's for making Aso just take away one side of the field rather than one WR. All teams have to do is make their best WR play on the opposite side of Aso and the teams would be fine. I don't expect that to happen in Philly though. I expect Aso to be used similar to the way Revis is currently used with the Jets.

Aso could easily be exposed as overrated this season.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Aso was someone that QBs did not target because he would stay on one side of the field and not really track one WR and take him out for the rest of the game like Revis would. It isn't Aso's fault, it is the coaching scheme's for making Aso just take away one side of the field rather than one WR. All teams have to do is make their best WR play on the opposite side of Aso and the teams would be fine. I don't expect that to happen in Philly though. I expect Aso to be used similar to the way Revis is currently used with the Jets.

Aso could easily be exposed as overrated this season.
he will be...I am pretty sure of it

I'm sure he will show to be good, probably get a few picks and nice deflections...but I am betting we are going to see Nnamdi get lit up a few times this year the way no one ever had to do while he was in Oakland...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he will be...I am pretty sure of it

I'm sure he will show to be good, probably get a few picks and nice deflections...but I am betting we are going to see Nnamdi get lit up a few times this year the way no one ever had to do while he was in Oakland...

^that is what you HOPE happens...

its not likely or probable though.... just hope
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Deion played one side of the field as well, and he's widely considered the greatest cover corner of all-time and rightfully so. Nobody has the speed he possessed either though to bait QBs into thinking guys were open. He could be both shutdown corner and playmaker at the same time. Champ Bailey as far as I've seen, has played one side of the field although I don't think he's as great in coverage as Revis and Asomugha, much less Primetime. This whole 'one side of the field' talk speaks more about the versatility of Revis than it does about any sort of weakness Asomugha has. Some teams (such as the Colts) can't just put their no. 1 on the otherside and call it a day due to their own schemes in addition to how the Raiders used Nnamdi. He faced No. 1 plenty and rarely if ever got burned for anything of significance.

You could just do so much worse than Asomugha, 99% of the league worse. He isn't going to be overwhelmed by any receiver's size; freakish long arms and reach make him the best at jamming at the line and throwing them off their routes. He doesn't have the greatest ball skills, but he's not letting it get into their hands.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602
Deion played one side of the field as well, and he's widely considered the greatest cover corner of all-time and rightfully so. Nobody has the speed he possessed either though to bait QBs into thinking guys were open. He could be both shutdown corner and playmaker at the same time. Champ Bailey as far as I've seen, has played one side of the field although I don't think he's as great in coverage as Revis and Asomugha, much less Primetime. This whole 'one side of the field' talk speaks more about the versatility of Revis than it does about any sort of weakness Asomugha has. Some teams (such as the Colts) can't just put their no. 1 on the otherside and call it a day due to their own schemes in addition to how the Raiders used Nnamdi. He faced No. 1 plenty and rarely if ever got burned for anything of significance.

You could just do so much worse than Asomugha, 99% of the league worse. He isn't going to be overwhelmed by any receiver's size; freakish long arms and reach make him the best at jamming at the line and throwing them off their routes. He doesn't have the greatest ball skills, but he's not letting it get into their hands.

Nice post, do you know how to write it in RETARD so primetime can comprehend it?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #24
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nice post, do you know how to write it in RETARD so primetime can comprehend it?

Unfortunately, no.

I can't wait to see the Eagles secondary though. They've really put something unique together with their CBs. You've got Asomugha, who is at worst the 2nd best man-to-man CB in the league. Samuel, who does have amazing ball skills and jumps routes like nobody else's business in recent years and DRC, who has great size and can keep up with any speed receiver in the league. I remember Babin talking about how many coverage sacks the Eagles are going to get this year and couldn't agree more. Not to mention, Cole is just a beast who has been doing it solo and under the radar IMO. Oh, then there's Cullen Jenkins too. A lot of people hope the Eagles can't build chemistry but so much of football is about winning your individual matchup, and they'll be fine if they do that. LB is weak, but I can't see them getting shredded on the ground as much as people believe with that defensive line up front. Don't expect anything out of DRC in the form of run support though. He has his strengths and value, but that isn't one of them.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

yeah I never said Nnamdi playing one side was a "weakness"

perhaps GOBB just reads in RETARD
Old 09-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #26
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
yeah I never said Nnamdi playing one side was a "weakness"

perhaps GOBB just reads in RETARD
I never said it was a weakness either so I don't know why he brought that part up. I just brought up the fact that Aso's stats and highlights aren't as good as Revis's because of that. Aso pretty much gets by with his reputation at this point. He does not get a lot of PDs nor does he get a lot of INTs like Revis does and I said that is because Aso in Oakland was not utilized to shut down one WR like Revis is. It would explain why he has only allowed 1 TD in the last three seasons....they don't even bother throwing it on his side. Less risk means less stats especially for defensive players.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
I never said it was a weakness either so I don't know why he brought that part up. I just brought up the fact that Aso's stats and highlights aren't as good as Revis's because of that. Aso pretty much gets by with his reputation at this point. He does not get a lot of PDs nor does he get a lot of INTs like Revis does and I said that is because Aso is not used to shut down one WR like Revis is. It would explain why he has only allowed 1 TD in the last three seasons....they don't even bother throwing it on his side. Less risk means less stats especially for defensive players.
Nice post, do you know how to write it in RETARD so GOBB can comprehend it?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nice post, do you know how to write it in RETARD so GOBB can comprehend it?

primetime is a RETARD thats why he gets called one so often
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #29
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Just to help save time. You'll see pretty much every argument in there.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...=asc&st art=0
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #30
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Wasnt implying anybody here was calling Aso lining up on one side of the field being a weakness - although it has in other discussions - just giving examples of other HOF caliber corner's who played much in the same way as far as how and who they lined up against. I even said I'd give the edge to Revis although I don't think Nnamdi is overrated nor will he be exposed. I have no idea how the Eagles plan to use him since I don't follow the pulse and beat of that team, but should he be used in the same manner as Revis, I don't see him getting blown up. Elite skills are Elite skills. I love watching both players personally because I think its sickening how far the NFL has gone in giving QBs and WRs an advantage at every turn. It's fun watching elite WRs get frustrated and owned. Its satisfying.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: