Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #31
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Just to help save time. You'll see pretty much every argument in there.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...=asc&st art=0

68% in favor of Asomugha?
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TACO, Swagger would you label Aso as "untested" as a CB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602

68% in favor of Asomugha?

That topic has been posted numerous times on that forum. Its closer than that there, I just think people didnt care to vote on the thread being its a repeat #342. The traffic on that forum is large. Its like the football version of ISH.

Last edited by GOBB : 09-06-2011 at 04:38 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #33
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

How Asomugha lined up statistically in 3 preseason games
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
TACO, Swagger would you label Aso as "untested" as a CB?
Hmm....not sure.

Teams have absolutely avoided him since 2007, the season after he broke out and got 8 INTs. He has been flat out avoided since then. There is a possibility that he may have coasted in some plays since 2007. I am a big believer in habits and the quote "Excellence is not an act but a habit." I am not too sure if I would worry too much about Aso's habits of coasting though because I think he is smart enough to understand his role in Philly and how to adjust to the Philly Defense. It is just something to possibly look out for.

I do remember someone posted pictures on another site of Aso lining up against Marshall (when he was in Denver, 2009) all over the place, slot, right side, left side, but still, at least 80% of the time he is just lined up on one side. That's the Raiders defensive scheme for you.

They never show highlights of CBs anyways other than them getting burned which is why the CB position is the toughest to analyze.

I think this upcoming season will show how good Aso really is. Critics said the same about Asante Samuel, saying that he would get exposed in Philly after leaving New England. Asante ended up doing a pretty damn good job being a ball-hawk in Philly.....maybe the same thing will happen again in Philly with Aso.

I guess he is somewhat "untested" but now its time to be tested.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #35
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

To me? Its obvious why Nnamdi doesnt get thrown at... Its because when coaches look at the tape? Nnamdi's man is always covered so much so that teams gameplan around him...

also take into account that the raiders dont blitz so Nnamdi is covering for alot longer than he would be if the raiders did blitz...

calling him untested to me is making excuses for why a certain retarded fan refuses to give credit where it is due

if he was untested or there were some doubt about what coaches are seeing when they watch film? he would get more throws in his direction...

the good part is that this 'untested' bs can be put to rest this season because the Nnamdi will get a chance to show his stuff (unless NFC teams choose not to 'test' him again )
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Great posts above, not too much to add.

QBs avoid him not necessarily for the risk of a turnover, but more for the fact that the receiver simply isn't open or capable of making a catch due to the coverage and positioning. It's considered a wasted play. He's just too effective at disrupting routes from the start that it has people saying it's his only skill. I'd say it's probably his biggest strength, but he's definitely elite when he's shadowing and the ball's in the air as well.

Glad he's going to get his opportunity in the spotlight this year.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Great posts above, not too much to add.

QBs avoid him not necessarily for the risk of a turnover, but more for the fact that the receiver simply isn't open or capable of making a catch due to the coverage and positioning. It's considered a wasted play. He's just too effective at disrupting routes from the start that it has people saying it's his only skill. I'd say it's probably his biggest strength, but he's definitely elite when he's shadowing and the ball's in the air as well.

Glad he's going to get his opportunity in the spotlight this year.
did you know that Oakland has been in the bottom-5 in run defense for the past 5 years and also the least thrown on team in general for the past 5 years?

much of the reason no one tested Nnamdi in that time is for the simple fact that no one needed to throw the ball on against that team PERIOD
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it is really hard to rank Nnamdi as a CB, his highlight reel for the past 4 years is a blank tape

you can say he didn't get thrown at cause he is the GOAT and all that but in order for us to really know we need to see some balls thrown his direction...more than 1.5 a game

in all the CB metric stat sites you can find Nnamdi never even has enough targets to qualify for their lists...and if you do count his targets you will see that he gives up a high % actually for the little he gets targeted
Old 09-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #39
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Not even close? I swear some of you don't even watch football.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
Not even close? I swear some of you don't even watch football.
oh yeah you watched a lot of Nnamdi the past 4 years?

you must be a Raider season ticket holder then, cause that dude hasn't ever been on camera
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #41
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
oh yeah you watched a lot of Nnamdi the past 4 years?

you must be a Raider season ticket holder then, cause that dude hasn't ever been on camera

He'll be on camera plenty this year, and I'm sure there'll be several replays of him in coverage against guys like Fitzgerald, White, Miles/Dez, et al. If he is somehow "exposed" I'll be the first to admit it.

I'm sure Oakland's porous run defense certainly played a role in less targets. But, I can't fault him for being surrounded by garbage talent; I can't diminish the exceptional job I have seen him do albeit in a limited amount of facetime nor can I can ignore that coaches and peers (receivers) have said about him, what Darelle Revis has said... and he hasn't been one to put up a front since his '09 breakout party. This guy has been thrown at a mere 30 times per season over the last four years and it isn't simply because he hasn't been tested. I'm not going to hate on him because he's in an Eagles uniform. Hell, I hate the Cowboys and there probably isn't a defender I'd want on my team more than DeMarcus Ware. I won't sit here and call him overrated because he tore apart the Eagles backsups in Week 17 to take the sack title. He's just damn great, he's proven he's great, everyone considers him great and that is all. Objective.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #42
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
did you know that Oakland has been in the bottom-5 in run defense for the past 5 years and also the least thrown on team in general for the past 5 years?

much of the reason no one tested Nnamdi in that time is for the simple fact that no one needed to throw the ball on against that team PERIOD

^not true and you already know it... State Prop already broke you apart on this lame ass argument of yours...

try again
Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
He'll be on camera plenty this year, and I'm sure there'll be several replays of him in coverage against guys like Fitzgerald, White, Miles/Dez, et al. If he is somehow "exposed" I'll be the first to admit it.

I'm sure Oakland's porous run defense certainly played a role in less targets. But, I can't fault him for being surrounded by garbage talent; I can't diminish the exceptional job I have seen him do albeit in a limited amount of facetime nor can I can ignore that coaches and peers (receivers) have said about him, what Darelle Revis has said... and he hasn't been one to put up a front since his '09 breakout party. This guy has been thrown at a mere 30 times per season over the last four years and it isn't simply because he hasn't been tested. I'm not going to hate on him because he's in an Eagles uniform. Hell, I hate the Cowboys and there probably isn't a defender I'd want on my team more than DeMarcus Ware. I won't sit here and call him overrated because he tore apart the Eagles backsups in Week 17 to take the sack title. He's just damn great, he's proven he's great, everyone considers him great and that is all. Objective.
I'm not faulting him or blaming him either!!!

just saying it is very hard to judge where he is at right now due to the severe lack or targets...

like I said, most CB metric sites won't even list him for that reason, need at least 50 targets for most of them
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #44
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I think it is really hard to rank Nnamdi as a CB, his highlight reel for the past 4 years is a blank tape

you can say he didn't get thrown at cause he is the GOAT and all that but in order for us to really know we need to see some balls thrown his direction...more than 1.5 a game

in all the CB metric stat sites you can find Nnamdi never even has enough targets to qualify for their lists...and if you do count his targets you will see that he gives up a high % actually for the little he gets targeted

I guess he has his own island also then cause nobody wants to go there... Gilligan & Ginger and them are probably still lost there

teams obviously dont wanna throw his way... probably because his man is always covered

I already hear teams this year talk about how they can beat the eagles by NOT throwing at any of our corners... If teams wanna take away parts of their game and parts of the field? I think that works for us in the end....

there will probably be more teams not throwing at Nnamdi this year...

there is a reason why and it isnt because he isnt 'tested'
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
^not true and you already know it... State Prop already broke you apart on this lame ass argument of yours...

try again
wtf are you talking about?

jut get on NFL.com and look for yourself...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: