Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #46
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
wtf are you talking about?

jut get on NFL.com and look for yourself...

there already a whole thread on it with state Property clowning you over that specific lie you keep spouting out...

too late tiddy try again
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #47
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

I just can't see how Asomugha and Overrated get together.

Normally, overrated happens when you play in a big market, on a great team, get lots of media exposure and are surrounded by talented players. Asomugha has played on a terrible team, in a weak market, with preposterously low exposure, surrounded by trash. Yet somehow amongst this sea of shit, he's been recognized for several years now as one of the best players at his position despite having few if any plays that would make a highlight reel and was recognized as the biggest prize of free agency.

This happens one way: Undeniable Talent and Skill.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #48
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

primetime = skip bayless
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #49
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
primetime = skip bayless
This post made me think of this video with Nnamdi on 1st and 10 debating with Skip Baylesss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC5DqeteXdQ
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #50
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC602
I just can't see how Asomugha and Overrated get together.

Normally, overrated happens when you play in a big market, on a great team, get lots of media exposure and are surrounded by talented players. Asomugha has played on a terrible team, in a weak market, with preposterously low exposure, surrounded by trash. Yet somehow amongst this sea of shit, he's been recognized for several years now as one of the best players at his position despite having few if any plays that would make a highlight reel and was recognized as the biggest prize of free agency.

This happens one way: Undeniable Talent and Skill.
he could easily be overhyped I think...he has to show it first of course

WE both know he never gets thrown at, some of that is because of him and some of that is because of the shitty team he was on...no one ever needed to throw at him...

I hope he gets 80 targets or so on Philly, that would be nice, then there would be no debate we will know exactly what he is...

on Oakland he was able to coast on his rep...he can't do that with Asante and DRC on the feild...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #51
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
oh yeah you watched a lot of Nnamdi the past 4 years?

you must be a Raider season ticket holder then, cause that dude hasn't ever been on camera
No but u did. Judging his whole career on one game in Dallas where he was supposedly giving up tds left and right. You're a joke
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #52
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
This post made me think of this video with Nnamdi on 1st and 10 debating with Skip Baylesss...

he is talking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fRiaQOaho

when Colt burned Nnamdi and exposed him...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Skip sounds like primetime, a total idiot. Hilarious.

Aso "07 Me or Champ, 08 Me or Champ, 09 Me or Revis. If I'm in the discussion every year Skip than I'm doing something right."

Also note 4 NFL All Pro selections to support what Aso said to the idiot primetime, errr Skip Bayless. Untested CB that is overrated must be doing something right.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #54
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
he is talking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fRiaQOaho

when Colt burned Nnamdi and exposed him...

Revis has been burned too. It happens.

And this is coming from a Jets fan that thinks Revis is one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Last edited by Heavincent : 09-06-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #55
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

And this is coming from a Jets fan that thinks Revis one of the best defensive players in the NFL.
Yeah the most embarrassing one was last year when Randy Moss caught that one-handed TD over him and then Revis sat out for like two weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM10IfH8wkQ

He was actually burned pretty frequently last year.....at least compared to 09 when it seemed like no one had a prayer against him.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #56
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Quote:

And this is coming from a Jets fan that thinks Revis one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Revis will be one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history if he sustains his level of play, whether people like it or not. I don't see anything overrated about his game, absolutely nothing. He had a rough start to 2010 with the hamstring issue, but looked right back in 2009 form by the second half of the season. He obliterated Calvin Johnson and kicked the Megatron hype train down several notches. I think he covered him on every snap. His ability to shutdown these freakish receivers who run roughshod over DBs is impeccable.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #57
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Revis will be one of the greatest defensive players in NFL history if he sustains his level of play, whether people like it or not. I don't see anything overrated about his game, absolutely nothing. He had a rough start to 2010 with the hamstring issue, but looked right back in 2009 form by the second half of the season. He obliterated Calvin Johnson and kicked the Megatron hype train down several notches. I think he covered him on every snap. His ability to shutdown these freakish receivers who run roughshod over DBs is impeccable.

He destroyed Reggie Wayne in the Wild Card round too.

Reggie Wayne's stats: 1 reception for 1 yard

Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #58
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Yeah the most embarrassing one was last year when Randy Moss caught that one-handed TD over him and then Revis sat out for like two weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM10IfH8wkQ

He was actually burned pretty frequently last year.....at least compared to 09 when it seemed like no one had a prayer against him.

He wasn't 100% healthy until about week 6 or 7 last year.

And he did get burned once in 09. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU

He's still the best CB in the league though. He makes elite receivers look like fourth graders.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #59
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

Quote:
He destroyed Reggie Wayne in the Wild Card round too.

Reggie Wayne's stats: 1 reception for 1 yard

Revis has been pretty phenomenal in all of his playoff game appearances. I remember Ochocinco doing nothing for the entirety of the game until he caught 2 balls with the game over and the Jets playing prevent. Then splitting time between Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, getting thrown at no more than a few times and coming down with that critical pick. Then he shut Wayne down in the AFC Championship Game as well, although Peyton eventually picked apart the rest of the Jets secondary in the 2nd half.

That's something Nnamdi will have to prove in January. I don't doubt he can, but he hasn't gotten the opportunity. I've seen him do work against a lot of big names as well, holding Andre Johnson to 2 for 19 yards (this was his line for the game), handling Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, et al.

Fact of the matter is, the NFC has four of the top five receivers in the league at this point (Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings) and the possibility of facing the latter two in the post-season is quite great. Hell, it's even conceivable the Lions can get in this year and that the Cardinals can win the NFC West. He could potentially elevate himself to legendary status with that type of opportunity... or not.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #60
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Revis has been pretty phenomenal in all of his playoff game appearances. I remember Ochocinco doing nothing for the entirety of the game until he caught 2 balls with the game over and the Jets playing prevent. Then splitting time between Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, getting thrown at no more than a few times and coming down with that critical pick. Then he shut Wayne down in the AFC Championship Game as well, although Peyton eventually picked apart the rest of the Jets secondary in the 2nd half.

Those two interceptions he had in the 09 playoffs were absolutely disgusting (in a good way of course).

I'm really looking forward to watching Revis this season since he's actually starting the season with a full training camp under his belt. Hopefully he doesn't get injured. That would be some old school Jet luck ().

Last edited by Heavincent : 09-07-2011 at 01:16 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: