Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Reggie Bush breakout season?

Reggie Bush 1st game as a Miami Dolphin:

13Att 38YDS 3.5AVG
9REC 56YDS 1TD

Last edited by 8BeastlyXOIAD : 09-13-2011 at 05:44 PM.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

he can't block for shit, and he's so scrawny he can't even break one arm tackles. i was watching him closely and he's in the right spots but he's like a gnat out there on contact. i do think he could still go off some weeks especially when the Oline opens up some big holes, and he definitely helps their offense in terms of check down for Henne out of the back, and/or as a decoy threat the defense is focusing on. i thought that part subtlely helped Miami get some bigger plays.

but all in all he's like a rag doll out there when he's getting tackled, and such a liability as a blocker, that i can't see this lasting. i commend them for trying tho. the idea sounded great, and who knows against a lesser defense, he could break a few
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
PowerGlove
By Any Means

bush is undervalued, NO just stopped using him after a while. i remember his rookie year they put him all over the field like what the eagles used to do with brian westbrook. Put him in the slot, motion him out the back field, across the field, you didnt know where he was going to be then the next couple years of random injuries, you most see he was just on the bench.

he would be super awesome on the pats.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
bush is undervalued, NO just stopped using him after a while. i remember his rookie year they put him all over the field like what the eagles used to do with brian westbrook. Put him in the slot, motion him out the back field, across the field, you didnt know where he was going to be then the next couple years of random injuries, you most see he was just on the bench.

he would be super awesome on the pats.
if he is an x, hes useful. as a rb, hes pretty underwhelming. we will see how they use him.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
if he is an x, hes useful. as a rb, hes pretty underwhelming. we will see how they use him.
I've been watching him this year and he is getting better. He has been running pretty well and was the reason why the Dolphins had the lead last week. He was gashing the Giants multiple times.He's getting more per carry than Arian Foster for goodness sakes.

They just have to get him and Marshall the damn ball.

Season Stats: 75 carries, 335 yards, 4.5 avg

21 rec, 114 yards, 1 td.

Last edited by PowerGlove : 11-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I've been watching him this year and he is getting better. He has been running pretty well and was the reason why the Dolphins had the lead last week. He was gashing the Giants multiple times.He's getting more per carry than Arian Foster for goodness sakes.

They just have to get him and Marshall the damn ball.

Season Stats: 75 carries, 335 yards, 4.5 avg

21 rec, 114 yards, 1 td.

he did look good against the Giants, but the Giants have let a lot of RB's look good. Bush looked horrible earlier in the season when he was being used a lot, but yeah i was surprised to see him even break some tackles last sunday

if u saw how ez he was to take down the first 3-4 games its shocking what he did. i'm passing it off as a fluke for right now tho.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #22
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
he did look good against the Giants, but the Giants have let a lot of RB's look good. Bush looked horrible earlier in the season when he was being used a lot, but yeah i was surprised to see him even break some tackles last sunday

if u saw how ez he was to take down the first 3-4 games its shocking what he did. i'm passing it off as a fluke for right now tho.

While not as good as he was against the Giants, Bush did pretty well against the Jets too. I dont understand why he doesnt see the ball more often.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
detroitkid816
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Remember Bush, Leinart, and Young were supposed to be the future 1st ballot HOFers in that draft class. And everybody was questioning Houston for selecting Williams. Crazy.
I remember saying that that draft would be like the 03 NBA draft class
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #24
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The dude doesnt have good vision with str8 up blocking. He needs alleys to succeed. He needs great zone blocking to succeed or a lot of counters traps type blocking. If his offensive line loses the one on one battle or stalemates he doesnt hit the whole hard enough.

I have changed my opinion on him he can be in a RBBC with the right blocking scheme. You are going to have to accept that he will have negative rushes because he cant move the pile if the Oline doesnt win.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

I might be the only one but I still have faith in the guy. I just wonder why the Dolphins are using him so rarely in their passing game. Its clear he is better in space but the coaches in Miami don't seem creative enough to really get the most out of him.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I might be the only one but I still have faith in the guy. I just wonder why the Dolphins are using him so rarely in their passing game. Its clear he is better in space but the coaches in Miami don't seem creative enough to really get the most out of him.

Why should a team's offense cater to one guy? Bush can't adapt to this league.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #27
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Why should a team's offense cater to one guy? Bush can't adapt to this league.
....you serious?

Their offense isnt good and this could be the spark. Him keeping the defense on their toes and giving them another threat to worry about could give marshall more room to do his thing.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
....you serious?

Their offense isnt good and this could be the spark. Him keeping the defense on their toes and giving them another threat to worry about could give marshall more room to do his thing.

Reggie Bush is not the answer for that team. He'll never amount to anything in this league. His only worth on the field is a quick screen pass with 250 blockers in front of him.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Reggie Bush is not the answer for that team. He'll never amount to anything in this league. His only worth on the field is a quick screen pass with 250 blockers in front of him.
You certainly sound objective.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #30
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
You certainly sound objective. He was already something with the Saints so how can you say he'll never amount to anything?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: