Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reggie Bush breakout season?

Bush breakout season? No such thing. The guy is such a p*ssy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #32
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
You certainly sound objective. He was already something with the Saints so how can you say he'll never amount to anything?

I meant anything more. He is never going to 'break out'. He is what he is.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I meant anything more. He is never going to 'break out'. He is what he is.
He can break out by simply flourishing in his role. The dolphins arent giving him enough touches no matter what he does. Last week was the perfect example. The Giants couldnt stop him no matter how hard they tried and the Dolphins just went away from him. Dude was killing them and would have put the fins in firm control of the game after a while they just stopped running plays for him. I dont get it.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #34
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He can break out by simply flourishing in his role. The dolphins arent giving him enough touches no matter what he does. Last week was the perfect example. The Giants couldnt stop him no matter how hard they tried and the Dolphins just went away from him. Dude was killing them and would have put the fins in firm control of the game after a while they just stopped running plays for him. I dont get it.

But that was only one game. He has a 2-3 great games a season where he overachieves and then he falls back into place. I understand wanting to give the guy more touches, but where does it end? Is a flash of greatness really worth a larger workload on a team that can't afford to waste touches? When does the hoping end and the realization begin?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #35
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

u really need to watch their first 4~ games or so where he was basically getting every touch. he had to have been 80% of their offense where Sparano seemed to think what u did, but their offense went nowhere and Bush was getting yanked down with 1 arm regularly. it was pitiful at times. some of the sorriest RB shit i've ever seen, and i was hoping he would do good since i got that scrub on my fantasy team

i get what ure saying about the Miami game, and even a lil bit in the Jets game, but those are the exceptions not the norm. he's so soft and feeble that him breaking tackles and running on Miami HAD to have been a fluke.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #36
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
u really need to watch their first 4~ games or so where he was basically getting every touch. he had to have been 80% of their offense where Sparano seemed to think what u did, but their offense went nowhere and Bush was getting yanked down with 1 arm regularly. it was pitiful at times. some of the sorriest RB shit i've ever seen, and i was hoping he would do good since i got that scrub on my fantasy team

i get what ure saying about the Miami game, and even a lil bit in the Jets game, but those are the exceptions not the norm. he's so soft and feeble that him breaking tackles and running on Miami HAD to have been a fluke.

Bush vs NE: 11 carries, 9 receptions
Bush vs HOU: 6 carries, 1 reception
Bush vs CLE: 10 carries, 1 reception( he was running really weak in this game)
Bush vs SD: 13 carries, 2 receptions
Bush vs NYJ: 10 carries, 2 receptions
Bush vs Den: 10 carries, 2 receptions
Bush vs NYG: 15 carries, 4 receptions

He is their best running back and its not like they are stacked at reciever either...he should be getting more touches.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #37
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
But that was only one game. He has a 2-3 great games a season where he overachieves and then he falls back into place. I understand wanting to give the guy more touches, but where does it end? Is a flash of greatness really worth a larger workload on a team that can't afford to waste touches? When does the hoping end and the realization begin?
Its not like he is sharing a backfield with AP or Mccoy, I'm being a realist. He's on a garbage team with few weapons, it makes zero sense for him not to be getting touches. Miami has horrible recievers, how many times have we seen a dolphin WR drop a pass?

Like I said before, you put Bush on the pats and not only would you love him, he would produce huge numbers.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Miami has Marshall and Bess, far from horrible. Their QB situation on the other hand is bottom of the league.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Miami has Marshall and Bess, far from horrible. Their QB situation on the other hand is bottom of the league.
Two recievers.....great depth and even those two arent playing well.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #40
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Its not like he is sharing a backfield with AP or Mccoy, I'm being a realist. He's on a garbage team with few weapons, it makes zero sense for him not to be getting touches. Miami has horrible recievers, how many times have we seen a dolphin WR drop a pass?

Like I said before, you put Bush on the pats and not only would you love him, he would produce huge numbers.

You're out of your f*cking mind.

Really? Danny Woodhead is the same exact type of player and he's not doing shit this season.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #41
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
You're out of your f*cking mind.

Really? Danny Woodhead is the same exact type of player and he's not doing shit this season.

Danny Woodhead????

Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #42
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Did I stutter?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Bush should get more touches argument is about as weak as Bush is between the tackles. I think fans are victim to his hype and really overrate or value his actual talents. He's more of a threat as a reciever because he can do his damage in open space. He's not consistent enough as a rusher to be fed carries. You'd think N.O and Miami would have an idea if they arent using him how fans think he should be used. N.O went out and drafted a RB, signed another RB (who has done pretty much what Bush has and then some) while Miami keeps throwing out a rookie in front of Bush and if not for injuries he would be getting fed the pigskin more (D.Thomas). You got to ask yourself why no one has as much confidence in Bush as the fans who defend him?

He'll have those flash in the pan games where he rushes for a nice amount of yards. Even I was surprised what he did vs NYG. But he'll go right back to the non productive ball carrier who gets nowhere, goes down easily with the slightest touch. Using him as a reciever out the backfield is his game and will always be. You can keep hope alive. You can keep thinking if he just got a chance, oppurtunities. Thats cool, but I was the same way until 2 seasons ago before I realize he is what he is.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #44
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The Bush should get more touches argument is about as weak as Bush is between the tackles. I think fans are victim to his hype and really overrate or value his actual talents. He's more of a threat as a reciever because he can do his damage in open space. He's not consistent enough as a rusher to be fed carries. You'd think N.O and Miami would have an idea if they arent using him how fans think he should be used. N.O went out and drafted a RB, signed another RB (who has done pretty much what Bush has and then some) while Miami keeps throwing out a rookie in front of Bush and if not for injuries he would be getting fed the pigskin more (D.Thomas). You got to ask yourself why no one has as much confidence in Bush as the fans who defend him?

He'll have those flash in the pan games where he rushes for a nice amount of yards. Even I was surprised what he did vs NYG. But he'll go right back to the non productive ball carrier who gets nowhere, goes down easily with the slightest touch. Using him as a reciever out the backfield is his game and will always be. You can keep hope alive. You can keep thinking if he just got a chance, oppurtunities. Thats cool, but I was the same way until 2 seasons ago before I realize he is what he is.

Dude has always been a productive runner....

He gets less attempts per game than a rookie even though he does more with the ball than he gets it. He gets you the same yards each run as a Michael Turner. He's had bad games but he's also been very good and got the plug pulled on him each time. He's been the best RB on his team 4 out of the 7 games yet he gets less attempts than the other guy even though that guy really doesnt make big plays.

Last edited by PowerGlove : 11-02-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #45
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Danny Woodhead????

Woodhead > Bush
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: