Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #256
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Not

I personally think it's gonna be Russia and Spain in the final...but that's just me, a non-patriotic bastard speaking
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #257
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Spain - France final would be awesome

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I think the 4 strongest teams are Spain, France, Russia, and Lithuania because of the home crowd.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #258
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Anyone watching flash interview with Dirk? I don't understand shit about german, but i think he announced his never going to play for Germany right?
I just re-watched the interview, and no, he did not announce his retirement, but you could sense that Dirk has somehow closed the chapter ("I will always look back at those great memories with the German team" etc.). He also blamed himself for the lack of success at this tournament and remarked that his condition was just not good enough.

Last edited by creepingdeath : 09-11-2011 at 05:28 PM.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #259
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
I just re-watched the interview, and no, he did not announce his retirement, but you could sense that Dirk has somehow closed the chapter ("I will always look back at those great memories with the German team" etc.). He also blamed himself for the lack of success at this tournament and remarked that his condition was just not good enough.

You could tell Dirk was not game ready throughout the tournament. I guess he just felt obligated to play because they obviously had no chance without him.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #260
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

that "highlight thing" and his facil expressions lead me to believe in that, but well you know the language .. so thank you for the resume.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #261
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that "highlight thing" and his facil expressions lead me to believe in that, but well you know the language .. so thank you for the resume.
Yeah I mean his whole demeanor pointed to that.. I think he has already decided to retire.. but again, he would play another tournament if Germany gets to stage it.

@DMAVs: Pretty much..
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #262
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
Spain and France will advance.

Turkey will not, they're the weakest in the group IMO.

For the rest it's not that easy to tell. Serbia is really good, but they tend to lose silly games from time to time so you never know. And Lithuania, with home court advantage, should have an advantage. While Germany has a chance, they're at a disadvantage so it'll be hard.

So I'll say Spain/France/Serbia/Lithuania.

(yeah I know everyone made the same prediction...)

I think France should beat Greece fairly easily. Hope we can get a France Serbia, this should be very interesting and a real trap for France after last game...
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #263
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yea, that was my line of thought too ..

btw, lithuanian coach just read my post in ISH and put Kalnietis and Jasi playing at same time today. I'm proud of him

What a hell of a final quarter by me... er... by Jasi!
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #264
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
What a hell of a final quarter by me... er... by Jasi!

Bauerman sid that in Germany coaches for their kids shows videos of Saras pick & rolls to teach them how to perform it well.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #265
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Bauerman sid that in Germany coaches for their kids shows videos of Saras pick & rolls to teach them how to perform it well.

Heīs so good even a coach like Bauermann, who (for five years) started a PG that canīt shoot, canīt drive, canīt pass and has an AST/TO-ratio below 1.0, can see it.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #266
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Heīs so good even a coach like Bauermann, who (for five years) started a PG that canīt shoot, canīt drive, canīt pass and has an AST/TO-ratio below 1.0, can see it.
Well, who is he supposed to play? Consider this: a large portion of the German team's roster doesn't even start, much less compete internationally with their club.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #267
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Well, who is he supposed to play? Consider this: a large portion of the German team's roster doesn't even start, much less compete internationally with their club.

Bauermann should have had Schaffartzik as his starting PG after the 2nd game at the latest. It has become painfully obvious that Hamann cannot contribute on that level in any way. He can't shoot and is too slow, both physically and mentally. Not a factor defensively anymore. Does not play with confidence and effort. Heck, he had 1 rebound, 1 TO and 1 foul in 24 minutes of action last night. Nothing else.
Schaffartzik at least has the balls and the gut to perform each game against superior players and is a threat to score.

Bauermann has always been blind towards Hamann. He should have gone with a lineup of Kaman/Nowitzki/Benzing/Schaffartzik and Schwethelm/Herber from the get go. Yet he still clung to Hamann to the very end, and this cost them at least one game.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #268
Semi
Great young streetballer

Semi has decent reputationSemi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Bauermann has always been blind towards Hamann. He should have gone with a lineup of Kaman/Nowitzki/Benzing/Schaffartzik and Schwethelm/Herber from the get go. Yet he still clung to Hamann to the very end, and this cost them at least one game.

Yeah that's true but there were more problems. He absolutly destroyed Jaglas confidence while playing him almost zero minutes in the first games and when he put him out there after he destroyed his confidence he played like a little scared kid. Also Olbrecht didn't see any minutes after the first two games or so despite contribuiting with hustle and rebounding and then Bauermann brings out Pleiß who is absolutly not ready for this level. I do not understand which team with any competent scout could draft him on a nba-roster. I mean, this kid while never ever be able to play there. To stiff, to slow, to soft. I'm sorry, it's my national team but Bauermann absolutly ****ed everything up.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #269
Laimbeer_Rodman
Decent playground baller

Laimbeer_Rodman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You should consider bringing Michael Koch back
Laimbeer_Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #270
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Bauermann should have had Schaffartzik as his starting PG after the 2nd game at the latest. It has become painfully obvious that Hamann cannot contribute on that level in any way. He can't shoot and is too slow, both physically and mentally. Not a factor defensively anymore. Does not play with confidence and effort. Heck, he had 1 rebound, 1 TO and 1 foul in 24 minutes of action last night. Nothing else.
Schaffartzik at least has the balls and the gut to perform each game against superior players and is a threat to score.

Oh I agree with that, I'm just saying that the problems go much deeper than the starting PG spot or the starting 5 in general.

It's a shame that Pascal Roller retired.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: