Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #31
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJDWADE63
Well Spain raped lithuania so bad. Lithuania is just not good enough to advance.
Then spain is not good enough to advance either because they lost to Turkey, your logic is just stupid, Spain had good day. Now gtfo of the thread because u don't have any kind of clue about international basketbal whatsoever.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #32
LBJDWADE63
Banned

LBJDWADE63 has not been impressing people
Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Then spain is not good enough to advance either because they lost to Turkey, your logic is just stupid, Spain had good day. Now gtfo of the thread because u don't have any kind of clue about international basketbal whatsoever.

Stfu son.

All im saying is Germany and Lithanuania won't advance. Too bad your country is not good enough to advance. I know it makes you sad but there is nothing you can do son.
LBJDWADE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #33
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

ISH, what's your take on who's going to score more points - Dirk or Pau? I'm leaning towards Dirk. Need it answer it for a little competition.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #34
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Spain-France-Turkey-Serbia

And Sakkreth is a pretentious **** btw

we all know that you are from Turkey, so it could be a homer pick :)

Between Lithuania, Turkey and Germany i give them 50%, 40% and 10% chances to advance
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #35
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
ISH, what's your take on who's going to score more points - Dirk or Pau? I'm leaning towards Dirk. Need it answer it for a little competition.

Pau. Dirk will be double teammed a lot.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #36
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Well in fairness Spain did rest Pau.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #37
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
First 4 of each group go to the quarter-finals.
1E vs. 4F
2E vs. 3F
3E vs. 2F
4E vs. 1F

Thanks for that

Wasnt sure how the system worked.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #38
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
you're claiming for a team which last year was top 3 in the world to not make past second stage. I would see your point if you said the team has equal chance as spain and turkey. But now you're being... Brave, I guess

To be fair, Lithuania played a bit over their heads last summer (of course they could have had an even better result if not for the refs rigging their game against the USA). And then this summer they have no Klieza, who seemed to have become their new leader last summer, and really I don't think adding back in Kaukenas and Saras was the smartest thing to do.

However, it is still Lithuania, with many very experienced Euroleague players and they are playing at home. So yeah, saying they have no chance to advance is nuts. Lithuania is capable of winning the whole tournament.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-07-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 AM   #39
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Well in fairness Spain did rest Pau.

He had injury... And Spain didn't rest anyone, they needed that win, because it does count in second group stage.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #40
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
To be fair, Lithuania played a bit over their heads last summer (of course they could have had an even better result if not for the refs rigging their game against the USA). And then this summer they have no Klieza, who seemed to have become their new leader last summer, and really I don't think adding back in Kaukenas and Saras was the smartest thing to do.

However, it is still Lithuania, with many very experienced Euroleague players and they are playing at home. So yeah, saying they have no chance to advance is nuts. Lithuania is capable of winning the whole tournament.

Kaukenas playing really great, he's shooting 85% in the tournament averaging most points in the team, it can't be bad
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #41
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague

this current lithuanian NT is still a mystery to me - so far our veteran guards are hitting their shots and helping us to prevail, but I'm not sure how long this hot shooting is gonna last. And if it stops, we are screwed against any team in this group. Our bigs, apart from Valanciunas, can't be difference makers and are just role players at best. Our defense is stil as miserable as ever. I'll wait for the Serbia game to make any profound predictions
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #42
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Kaukenas playing really great, he's shooting 85% in the tournament averaging most points in the team, it can't be bad

I know and they needed a better guard than Delininikaitis. But somehow, it just seems to me that Kaukenas and Saras are just too old and they are going to be totally worn down.

Saras especially is really well beyond his limits athletically.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-07-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #43
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
this current lithuanian NT is still a mystery to me - so far our veteran guards are hitting their shots and helping us to prevail, but I'm not sure how long this hot shooting is gonna last. And if it stops, we are screwed against any team in this group. Our bigs, apart from Valanciunas, can't be difference makers and are just role players at best. Our defense is stil as miserable as ever. I'll wait for the Serbia game to make any profound predictions

Well, you have Lavrinovic, Saras, Valanciunas (too young physically for heavy centers), even at this age Kaukenas also (gotten slow laterally), that are not able to guard much.

Jankunas, Jasaitis, Songaila...........it's not exactly scaring teams with their defense either.

Not having someone like Maciulis is really bad for them. Kalnietis, Pocius, Maciulis, ....., Javtokas can give a pretty good defense lineup. Throw Kleiza in there (not great at D, but very good at rebounding) and it is much different from,

Jasikevicius, Kaukenas, Jasaitis, Songaila, Valanciunas type lineups. Although as you say, the guards are obviously going to be much better shooters.

If this was like 3 years ago, I think Saras and Kaukenas could really work with this team, but now, especially for Saras this is tough. I mean, Saras is used to basically playing about 10 minutes a game the last few years.

One thing I really see is that Lithuania desperately needs to develop a good natural point guard that can shoot. It seems like that is missing from their team every time.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Spain is garbage.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

F*cking Kaman (and Hamann, but that's so much of a given that I don't single him out anymore) cost us the game... How many dumb turnovers can you make? How many easy shots under the basket can you brick?
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: