Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Default Limbo

I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere, but I can't find it, so I just wanted to say that I just started Limbo that I picked up for 15 bucks on PSN, and it's awesome.

Good level design, clever puzzles, enough against the clock timing type stuff, and a spectacular art design, platformer.

And I sort of knew this going in, but now I can confirm it.

That is all.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Default Re: Limbo

Limbo was great, really interesting looking game. Also if you liked that you should give Braid a try (although maybe you already have, it has been out for a while).
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

I have heard good stuff about Braid on more than one occasion, but haven't played it.

I beat Limbo in two sittings. I intend to go back this weekend and try to get all the trophy's.

Beating it in one sitting with less than five deaths sounds like it could be really frustrating. Once you know the puzzles, I'm sure it can be done in a few hours, but some stuff just requires timing that will almost certainly cost a death or two along the way.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

incredible game, gives me hope for the gaming world which I think took a wrong turn somewhere. I hate first person and third person shooters, everything is too 3D and too similar. Artsy side-scrolling unique game like this gives a fella hope.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Bastion are 2 more visually interesting title I want to check out.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Bastion are 2 more visually interesting title I want to check out.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks ****ing awesome. If that seems like something you'd be into, then I'd strongly recommend the Pixel Junk Shooter games. They're maybe not quite as refined looking, but they have a very deliberate pop art look, and it looks to me like the gameplay would be very similar. PJSh has a great physics engine too.

Sadly for me, it appears ITSP isn't on PSN. As the PJ games are not on XBox.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

This looks great but I don't want to pay for it. I'll wait until I can download it for FREE.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Should almost have a thread for some of the more artistic styled games. El Shaddai looks incredible and it's getting reviewed well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...haddai/719040?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Should almost have a thread for some of the more artistic styled games. El Shaddai looks incredible and it's getting reviewed well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...haddai/719040?

I think there should be a stickied PSN/XBox Live games thread. It's not like those games are getting advertised like crazy, and for a guy who plays a half dozen games a year like me, it's not like I'm on my system all the time browsing the store looking for new stuff to come out. And short run stuff like this that I can pay 10 - 15 bucks for and get a good couple nights out of is well worth it for me.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I think there should be a stickied PSN/XBox Live games thread. It's not like those games are getting advertised like crazy, and for a guy who plays a half dozen games a year like me, it's not like I'm on my system all the time browsing the store looking for new stuff to come out. And short run stuff like this that I can pay 10 - 15 bucks for and get a good couple nights out of is well worth it for me.

That'd be a good idea, there's been some great ones to come out.

Just started playing Bastion yesterday. The narration in this game is awesome.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

This game is wonderful.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

totally agree that this game deserves its own thread. beautiful, stylish, intriguing... this is one of the gems that ps/xbox are delivering more and more often. I also agree with a previous post saying that there should be a thread for games from the store. I have purchased like 90 already and they are so easy to pick and play that I would say I play them more than standard games.

as for the game itself, I am stuck near the end of the game, in a place where there are 2 crates that you have to lift using anti-gravity. the puzzles are very cleverly designed and the amount of different deaths you may have is exhilarating
TROLL_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: