Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default RIP NBA Live/Elite

So I read today that EA isn't even going to come back next year like they promised. 2K has whooped on them so bad that the project lead is now talking 2 or 3 more seasons before they come back. By then 2K is absolutely going to have a lock on the NBA video game market, more so than now.

RIP NBA Live. I loved playing you from 99-04 ish.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation
Default Re: RIP NBA Live/Elite

I've always felt like NBA Live was just NBA 2K's retarded cousin.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I thought they were going to release '12 next fall. Do you have a link?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I've always felt like NBA Live was just NBA 2K's retarded cousin.

In the early 2000's I preferred Live personally even though NBA 2K and 2K1 were among my favorite basketball games ever. Mainly because Live had Jordan.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I thought they were going to release '12 next fall. Do you have a link?

http://technology.gather.com/viewArt...81474980170229

They are better off never returning and trying to hop ship over to the 2K crew. If this year is as good as it looks for 2K.... that will be 2 years in a row 2K absolutely dominates without any competition. Live/Elite is too far behind now. They should just admit defeat and go out honorably.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
http://technology.gather.com/viewArt...81474980170229

They are better off never returning and trying to hop ship over to the 2K crew. If this year is as good as it looks for 2K.... that will be 2 years in a row 2K absolutely dominates without any competition. Live/Elite is too far behind now. They should just admit defeat and go out honorably.
They will still be releasing a game next year.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
They will still be releasing a game next year.

Read the article foo.

"EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014." It's not even set in stone. Plus when I said 2-3 years I was including Elite 12 which they promised would come and it isn't going to.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Read the article foo.

"EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014." It's not even set in stone. Plus when I said 2-3 years I was including Elite 12 which they promised would come and it isn't going to.
Oh, I completely missed that part, skimmed the article, to be honest Well... damn. Hopefully, 2K still puts out a quality game.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why EA?

NBA Live 03-05 was so
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I completely missed that part, skimmed the article, to be honest Well... damn. Hopefully, 2K still puts out a quality game.

. Dude 2K12 is going to be the best basketball game ever. We will all be taken care of. If EA can't hang they should just give up and stop dragging the Live franchise through the mud on the way out.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

EA Exec - "It's going to be 2 or 3 years before we can buy exclusive rights to the NBA to get back in the Basketball Sim genre".
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Truthfully, I kind of take this as good news. Of course, I have some questions about the decision though. For instance, when are the next generations supposed to swing around? Are they still too far off for EA to just plan and prepare for those systems?

Either way, I say this could be good news because I believe this amount of time would seem to allow an absolute, complete and utter breakdown and rebuilding of the NBA Live series. In my opinion, their game had strayed so far from the path they could no longer see daylight. That is, a less-than-year cycle was never going to be enough time to provide the changes necessary.

I definitely won't write them off. In fact, I think this decision will breathe new life. It might be a sign that they get it. Fortunately, I've loved the direction 2K has gone and I think they're going to be able to hold me over until EA makes its return.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nba live 03 is so classsiccccccccccccccc!!

I wish they would release all the past "Live" games in the PS Store...
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I don't get why people are saying that NBA Live 2002 was "great".

Wasn't that the same game with the offensive rebound bug? Wherein its easier to get an offensive rebound off a missed free throw?

Wasn't it the same game with the Ben Wallace meteor block where the ball had a meteor "tail" when you block it all the way to the 10th row?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NBA Live 2005 was my first ever NBA game, spent so many hours playing, and learnt so much about the NBA too thanks to the game.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: