Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: RIP NBA Live/Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
NBA Live 2005 was my first ever NBA game, spent so many hours playing, and learnt so much about the NBA too thanks to the game.

The reason I memorize every teams roster in the league is probably my NBA video games. It also does help me keep track of NBA stats since it updates them during season on newer games.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I don't get why people are saying that NBA Live 2002 was "great".

Wasn't that the same game with the offensive rebound bug? Wherein its easier to get an offensive rebound off a missed free throw?

Wasn't it the same game with the Ben Wallace meteor block where the ball had a meteor "tail" when you block it all the way to the 10th row?
I can't recall which NBA Live it was, but early in the Playstation 2 days, my friend rented NBA Live and we were expecting to be blown away. Instead, whenever a player would dunk, no matter how hard, the entire backboard would violently shake up and down what seemed like 8 feet each way. It had to have been '01 or '02 I think.

After Live's showing, we both agreed it was time to give 2K a try. 2K2 was the first version I played, and I never went back thereafter. Live seemed to have an extended identity crisis. They caught on big with the freestyle control (in the heart of the And1 era) but they never seemed to fully commit to what they wanted to be. 2K had a setback with 2K4 (where it seemed they wanted to be a poor man's mix between NBA Live and NBA Street) but aside from that, they've had a clear set of goals.

Finally, I know even the greatest games are susceptible to glitches, but I always loved this one (it's not Jesus Bynum): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SkvvkWJr4
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

ClutchBucketz has no real reputation yet.

NBA Elite the demo had some pretty big glitches in it but apart from them once i got used to the controls i found it very playable. With 2k i find that when i'm shooting around there's not much to do other than find the sweet spot on each players jumpers but i could sit there on Elite and just practise various post moves and finishes around the rim. Such a shame that they never released it last year because that game had promise, hopefully they stick with the concept and release a game in a few years based on that prototype.

In the mean time i'm happy playing 2k, might invest in 2k12 depending on what is improved upon.
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBucketz
NBA Elite the demo had some pretty big glitches in it but apart from them once i got used to the controls i found it very playable. With 2k i find that when i'm shooting around there's not much to do other than find the sweet spot on each players jumpers but i could sit there on Elite and just practise various post moves and finishes around the rim. Such a shame that they never released it last year because that game had promise, hopefully they stick with the concept and release a game in a few years based on that prototype.

In the mean time i'm happy playing 2k, might invest in 2k12 depending on what is improved upon.

Walker shimmy from Live 99 was epic.

Also they had Utah and bulls as the default teams, and the bulls lineup was filthy.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #20
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA Live has been inferior to NBA 2K for almost every single years. So, good riddance.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #21
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

ClutchBucketz has no real reputation yet.

Don't you think some competition, even be it average competition is better for development and progression than non at all?
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #22
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
The reason I memorize every teams roster in the league is probably my NBA video games. It also does help me keep track of NBA stats since it updates them during season on newer games.
Yeah me too...
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #23
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBucketz
Don't you think some competition, even be it average competition is better for development and progression than non at all?
In this case, I think it's a better move for NBA Live to completely re-tool and come back when they're ready. I think that would serve the gamer best. Personally, I'd like to have the choice of two awesome basketball games instead of hoping one mediocre game just continues to push my other game to continue being great. And it appears Live wasn't going to become awesome by just fixing up their process over a year span. Therefore, I'm actually quite intrigued what the product will look like once it ultimately returns.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
In this case, I think it's a better move for NBA Live to completely re-tool and come back when they're ready. I think that would serve the gamer best. Personally, I'd like to have the choice of two awesome basketball games instead of hoping one mediocre game just continues to push my other game to continue being great. And it appears Live wasn't going to become awesome by just fixing up their process over a year span. Therefore, I'm actually quite intrigued what the product will look like once it ultimately returns.
True, 2K can learn a bunch of things from Live even now.

1. A separate jumpshot button. Trying to play like Dirk Nowitzki is close to impossible in 2K. Try pumpfaking inside the three, take one step and pull up for the J, you'd end up missing a layup.

2. Add from Live's post up game. I think it was back in 2004 or 2005. The one with VC at the cover. You could actually back down even without a defender. Also a drive option from backing down.

I never did get Live. There was even one year where they completely took out posting up. I think it was the same year they forgot to take out illegal defense and put in zone.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #25
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What going to happen to the game's soundtrack? Elite 11 had J.cole and 9th Wonder making the whole soundtrack and I want that shit to listen to, all I heard was "The Plan".

http://youtu.be/6quJuUchtkM
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #26
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

It's actually bad for us players, because 2k might release crap, but everyone would still buy it, yes it's unlikely but still...
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #27
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
It's actually bad for us players, because 2k might release crap, but everyone would still buy it, yes it's unlikely but still...

sounds like this other game i know, which involves a football..
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #28
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
What going to happen to the game's soundtrack? Elite 11 had J.cole and 9th Wonder making the whole soundtrack and I want that shit to listen to, all I heard was "The Plan".

http://youtu.be/6quJuUchtkM

Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #29
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Now if only we could drop Madden out of market and finally make a 2k NFL game
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #30
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
True, 2K can learn a bunch of things from Live even now.

Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: