Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #31
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Revis & Asomugha Logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I'll answer your question with your own quote.

Like I already said, I'm not about to argue over 1 play out of 66 defensive snaps for Philly. Not something I care about enough. I'm just going to say it's a target and leave it there.

I said that before I re-watched the play in question. When I watched it live all I saw was Aso being so far away from the play that it couldn't possibly be his fault - but obviously it was.

Having seen it again, it is by definition getting beat. So it is a target against him.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Carbine is just trying to get an acurate statistical read I think for the whole year...Nnamdi vs. Revis

he isn't trying to ruin anyone's rep...

I am liking Carbine's effort

Do you also like the fact Asante Samuel saw twice as many targets than Aso?

Aso hasnt been targetted any more in his first gm as an Eagle than he has as a Raider. Go figure.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Do you also like the fact Asante Samuel saw twice as many targets than Aso?

Aso hasnt been targetted any more in his first gm as an Eagle than he has as a Raider. Go figure.
well if it is 3 targets he is on pace for 48 targets...which is significantly more for him

if it is only 2 then 32 targets, his norm

yeah that one target is a big deal I guess in this debate...wonder how other sites view that
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

One thing I did notice having watched it over again is that Bradford barely ever looked Aso's way. The only times he did look his way, he ended up throwing, and completing the pass.

He was in check down, dink and dump mode all game it seemed.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well if it is 3 targets he is on pace for 48 targets...which is significantly more for him

if it is only 2 then 32 targets, his norm

yeah that one target is a big deal I guess in this debate...wonder how other sites view that

Acknowledge he isnt play man coverage every snap. That 3rd target you are counting he played in a zone.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
One thing I did notice having watched it over again is that Bradford barely ever looked Aso's way. The only times he did look his way, he ended up throwing, and completing the pass.

He was in check down, dink and dump mode all game it seemed.
yeah, that is something that comes with rep...Deion saw entire games the QB never bothered to look his direction

it kind of dismisses the notion that he doesn't get targets because he is so blanketed...it is more because of his bad ass 2006 year that made QBs just stop looking his way...

QBs should test him now this year though...(lol I said "test" lolzzzzz)...that rep has lasted SO long now, he needs to be thrown at it is obvious he CAN be beat.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Acknowledge he isnt play man coverage every snap. That 3rd target you are counting he played in a zone.
wtf I have acknowledged that several times already...read my first 2 posts in here please
Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
yeah, that is something that comes with rep...Deion saw entire games the QB never bothered to look his direction

it kind of dismisses the notion that he doesn't get targets because he is so blanketed...it is more because of his bad ass 2006 year that made QBs just stop looking his way...

QBs should test him now this year though...(lol I said "test" lolzzzzz)...that rep has lasted SO long now, he needs to be thrown at it is obvious he CAN be beat.

Deion Sanders was untested then. His Wrs werent blanketed. He shut down his side of the field based on rep.

Asante Samuel was targetted 6 times. Why didnt Bradford target Aso more?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'm going to separate their targets and stuff into man to man and zone, just to get an even deeper statistical analogy.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Deion Sanders was untested then. His Wrs werent blanketed. He shut down his side of the field based on rep.
there were a couple years in Dallas where that is is 100% true...

Deion even made comments about being bored to death out there some games...being completely ignored

and he wasn't a "blanket" type...he gave distance, tried to sucker QBs in
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #41
TAC602
Bricking Jumpers

TAC602 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm going to separate their targets and stuff into man to man and zone, just to get an even deeper statistical analogy.

Now you're talking.

I've honestly never considered anything that wasn't man-to-man relevant in regards to CB metrics. It just doesn't have the same type of impact or feel as it would if they were beat playing man coverage. But that's just me.
TAC602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #42
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Many times zone for a CB is exactly like man...they still line up on a WR.

Infact I bet it will be very difficult to seperate them...

A CB can zone and still press at the line, it would look identical to man, only difference is he would let go of his WR if he went deep in a cover 2 for the safety to take over.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's really not that hard to find out if it's man or zone, especially when I can slow it down and watch the play in slo-mo.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #44
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's really not that hard to find out if it's man or zone, especially when I can slow it down and watch the play in slo-mo.
On a short route they could look identical though...seems impossible to know...and many defensive scheme have players in man and zone at the same time...

That play Nnamdi got the PI on could have been a cover 3 zone...he went deep with his WR, I think Asante was even next to him perhaps also in a cover 3

Idk, I would have to look again.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
On a short route they could look identical though...seems impossible to know...and many defensive scheme have players in man and zone at the same time...

That play Nnamdi got the PI on could have been a cover 3 zone...he went deep with his WR, I think Asante was even next to him perhaps also in a cover 3

Idk, I would have to look again.

Asante wasnt there it was Kurt Coleman the Safety
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: